“Club like atmosphere in Madrid” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Lando

El Lando
Ranked #349 of 10,438 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Club like atmosphere in Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Landó never fails and it's always energetic with the highest quality food. If you're looking for innovation do not go. It's all about materia prima. Best sliced tomato, and pan con tomate. Torrezno and Morcilla are awesome.

• Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

So glad that I read about this local restaurant because it was an incredible meal and experience. Definitely authentic Madrid.

We were seated early and started with the bread and tomatoes which were simple and delicious. Let the waiter suggest the wine. Highly recommend the fried egg and French fry appetizer, asparagus and the steak.

If you are lucky enough to find this gem, GET THERE!!

• Visited May 2013
Luxembourg
“Great food and sat next to a princess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My Spanish colleague who recommended this restaurant also told me that it's a favourite with their royal family, and lo and behold we were sat next to Princess Elena, with accompanying paparazzi waiting outside when we left!!

A very gentlemen's club like set up downstairs in a nice dining room. They leave plates of tomatoes and tomato bread on each table which i found a bit weird, but no one else seemed to.

The ham and melon starter was as simple as could be, but the ingredients were outstanding and it was heavenly. Followed by a really cracking entrecote for me and my wife had a gorgeous Tortilla Espana. It was a very nice way to spend a Monday lunchtime. Accompanied by a cracking bottle of vino I would definitely recommend this place. Slightly off the tourist trail but not by much and worth tracking down I would say.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GlobalStu
clauotero
“Stayed one night in Madrid just to eat here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

May I say this is the most amazing restaurant I have ever had the pleasure to eat in. On the outside it is not fancy at all, and the restaurant is literally in a basement, the decor is very typical of Madrid wood ceilings and pictures of the owner with all the celebrities that have dined here. Very minimum decor.
The service is superb!! The owner himself "Angelito" goes from table to table asking you if everything is fine.
We ordered Huevos estrellados as an appetizer and the Solomillo as an entree. It was the best steak I had ever had!!! The Jamon Serrano is exquisite and the bread with tomatoes amazing. At the end we were too full for dessert so Angelito decided we shouldn't leave without trying the variety pastelitos and sent us a platter free of charge! May I say I am so glad he did because they were so delicious.
I liked that it is not packed with tourist, on the contrary, this is were the madrileños dine. This has got to be the best restaurant I have ever stepped foot into! Will go here every time I visit Madrid.

• Visited April 2013
“Always delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We eat here every trip and it is reliable and yummy. Plates of Iberico, pan con tomate, boquerones, etc., etc. You can't go wrong if you love flavorful food.

Visited March 2013