“Not cheap but worth it!”
Review of Lua

Lua
Reserve with
Lua is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 12,166 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chamberi
Description: At Lua you can both eat informal food -tapas- at our new bar upstairs, or alternatively enjoy our signature cuisine by reknown Chef Manuel Dominguez, who elaborates a sophisticated Galician cuisine that will make your mouth melt in delight. Our specialities include 'nuggets' of lamb sweetbreads, octopus "a feira" and many traditional Galician dishes with a modern twist. Top cuisine in a great atmosphere. Ask about our VIP Lounge for your own private happenings.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We tried the wine tasting menu with 5 entrees and dessert, including water and coffee it was flat 78 euros per head. Everything was exceptional. Even the variety of breads served was exceptional. However, its a surprise menu, be ready to try new things, different textures and novel tastes. If you are picky about food or not very adventurous you might want to skip it. I don't eat beef but they happily served me extra portion of fish entree in place of beef. The wine pairing was good too. However I could have done with a glass of white and the menu without wine pairing which is way cheaper. Make sure to make reservations in advance, and if you are calling in English also make sure twice that they got it down. Our reservation was not noted but luckily we could get a table as were first to arrive at 9 pm, too early by Madrid standards. In all enjoyed the dining experience of birthday dinner of our beloved (now late) friend.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was one of the best dining experiences we had anywhere ever. We made reservation at 9pm several weeks in advance (before we left for Madrid from the States).
The interior ambiance was very nice: simple and elegant. We took the Metro from our hotel (got off at Iglesias station, and walked about 7-8mins).
We were about 10-15min early, but the staff was ready. The staff's english was not super, but since I speak spanish, I translated most of the important stuff to my wife. Since this was our first time, the server started off by explaining how the menu and ordering works (in spanish). They only have 1 prefix menu, so it makes the picking and choosing easy. The same menu can be had in "normal" (drinks extra), or in wine-pairing mode, where each of the entree comes with a different drink. I chose the wine-pairing, and my wife the normal. There were 6 courses total, with 1 appetizer, 1 fruit tartar, asian fusion meat dish, lamb, fish, and dessert. 5 drinks accompanied the dishes: Cava (spanish version of champagne) , Albarino 2011 (white), champaigne (yes, the french one), Les Sorts 2009 white france, Tres Matas 2009 red spain, Finca Antigua sweet wine. The staff printed out the copy of the menu and presented to us as memento (which we promptly forgot to bring it with us Duh !!). The portion size is just right (for 6 course). The service was excellent. The staff was attentive and prompt. Every course brought out was explained in detail, including the wine.
Towards the end, the Chef came out and asked us about the dinner. We shook hands, and it was great. By this time, the place was near full.
We left very very pleased. We left around 11:30pm, walked back to Iglesias station (still open), and headed back to the hotel. It was one of the most late-dinners we ever had (we seldom have dinners at 9pm), but since this is Spain, as the saying goes, do as the Spanish do.
Make a reservation, and study the menu a bit (specially if you do not speak spanish), then you'll thoughly enjoy Lua.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'd read a review of this restaurant in the States and had high expectations when we arrived. It lived up to everything. We had the six course menu with wine parings. Excellent. The food is beautiful and the tastes and textures are exceptional. The wine parings make the meal a real treat. The restaurant is small, but there is ample space between tables, something that I find rare in Europe. It was easy to have a quiet, romantic evening even though the restaurant was fully booked. (I agree with other reviewers that a meal is not cheap, but at about EUR80 per person, it is a bargain. There is nothing comparable in New York, San Francisco, London, Rome, Geneva, etc. for the same price.)

1  Thank T W
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Usually this kind of food adventure is not my cup of tea. I love good food but I must admit some of the newer methods just baffle me. In this case, a colleague in Madrid set up a dinner here and after some initial trepidation, I must admit I thought it was fantastic. I won’t say I’m won over to this kind of food but the execution was impressive. Everything was tasty although I can’t always say that I knew exactly what I was eating. The menu is based on what ever is in season or fresh it'd do no good to make a recommendation. I will say that the main course was an exquisitely prepared piece of veal in a wonderful sauce with a touch of savory and sweet. Clearly the chef knows what he’s doing. Even my 16 year old son enjoyed it and that’s quite extraordinary.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Great place to eat, somewhat expensive but all in all worth it! I would advise you all to go