“Chic ambience”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very elegant clientele, The food excellent, the service very good. The restaurant is very comfy and the ambiance is very chic.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

A change of plans meant we were looking for somewhere at very short notice and after a few blanks El Paraguas came up trumps. We had to have an early table (Madrid hours) at 8:30 but that suited us. My started was good, my companions better and on my next visit I would definitely go for the prawns stuffed with spinach that I was allowed to try. Wonderful. My main course was better than my starter and my companions were just as good. Service was very professional. Reasonably priced wines.

This is a huge restaurant and although not very full when we arrived was absolutely packed when we left. Hardly surprising in view of the quality. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Classy atmosphere, chic clientele, very knowledgeable waiters and great service. The food, while creative and good, is a bit of a letdown given the quality of the rest.

2  Thank Lam N
Reviewed December 29, 2012

When you visit the website (www.elparaguas.com) you get the impression that El Paraguas is cozy restaurant with a few tables and some private dining rooms. The opposite is true. This place is huge. Unfortunately this has consequences for the service; we had 5 different waiters at our table (just a part of two) and most of them seem very unexperienced. all the courses were not bad but certainly not worth the price we had to pay (200 euro's for two persons; including a bottle of wine. Altough they have an fine choice in winen there are much better places to go to (see my review about Lieu).

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Was intrigued by the very encouraging reviews and decided to give it a go. Nothing to call home about. The honeycomb mushrooms in foie gras sauce were an amateurs' exercise, and the filet hamburger with foie gras left me wondering what was it about. Snappy service made up for some of it, but I left very very very unimpressed.