“Good show, try to get a discount, go for show+drink only”
Review of Las Carboneras

and up
iVenture Card Madrid
Ranked #15 of 161 Concerts & Shows in Madrid
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a good 30-45 minutes show - I dance flamenco and found it to be not too touristic and with great dancers.
Few tips:
*All flamenco show deals are not cheap - no need to take a meal. You can eat earlier at San Miguel market just near by, and take the show+drink deal.
**We got a discount from Sandmen's tours in which we paid Euro 23 (VAT incl.) per person instead of Euro 33. I think some other tour organizers might offer a similar deal
***Call first and make sure you are in their list, as they might be confused and the place is not large

3  Thank hadasvilk

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked a table at this restaurant for dinner and the Flamenco performance. Our seating location was excellent, was very close to the stage and had a great view. The restaurant wasn't very full, and the dancers (three women, one man) put on a great show.

The three-course dinner (and there were some options for meals available) was very average.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The show is good, not great, but the real problem is the management of the place. Some of the spectators are constantly taking and although the musicians tried very politely to tell everyone to be quiet, some wouldn't do it. The were drunk people talking loudly and sending sms with their mobiles while the show was taking place and no one from the management said anything. When I asked the singer after the show how they could stand it, they said "is always the same". I can't understand why the manager can't insist in making people be quiet or simply ask them to leave if they don't follow that simple rule. I think the show is affected by this issue, the dancers and musicians had to do an extra effort to concentrate resulting in worse quality and originality.

I have been to other shows such as Corral de la Morería, and you don't get this kind of problems. I am definitely not taking any visitors to las Carboneras ever again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Please reserve early (at least 1 day before) as flamenco show in Madrid is like a hot cake. We booked the 2nd show at 11pm and arrived 15mins early. This shop is located near the Mercat near Plaza Mayor. We paid the entrance fee of euro28 per person and it comes with 1 drink (per person) and a plate of marinated olive (sharing). The show started late around 1115pm but ended around 1230am. I have to say that i was pretty much impressed by the quality of the show and from the face expression of other around me, they were pretty much the same. Loud cheering and a lot of clapping was heard throughout the show for the great show brought to us by the 4 dancers and 2 awesome singers. It was my 1st time watching flamenco show and i was not really keen to pay that much for a show at 1st. However, i am pleased that i made the decision to watch it at Las Carboneras.

3  Thank luvimp
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food and dancing was great. It's a little hard to find as it is down a small alley behind the Mercado de San Miguel (which was fun to visit after the show).

1  Thank CharlieHigdon