“Fantastic atmosphere & varied menu”

Ultramarinos Quintin
Ranked #1,392 of 13,913 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

Make sure you book ahead.....very busy and great ambience.....downstairs the remodeled bodega is just right for a dinner for two, relaxed bar upstairs, fish and meat dishes are well prepared, table caviar service & well prepared drinks.....what more could you ask for?

Date of visit: July 2015
Write a reviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed July 6, 2015

The Westin recommended my husband and I eat at Quintin for dinner. We were only in town for 48 hours and were not disappointed, in fact it may have been our best meal in Spain. It seems like people come here for drinks as well as dinner. My salad with palm hearts to start was one of the best salads I have had, with fresh ingredients and a unique salad dressing. My pasta was delicious and my husband ordered a fruit tartare that was delicious. The food is rivaled by the unique setting - there is a Fruteria within the restaurant as well as a take away counter where you can see all of the meats, as well as a cocktail bar with speciality drinks like mojitos. Enjoy!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

So I went there yesterday while visiting madrid because the restaurant in front El Paraguas (which was recommended to us)was closed for the night?
We started with a 5 minute wait to get a table and a 15 minute wait to get the menus. (There were 4 tables besides us, on a 25+ tables restaurant)
The waitress, a very kind girl brought the wrong drinks, and forgot to bring the entries. Consequently I can can only comment on the main dish. I ordered an "hamburguesa" wich is the Spanish word for burger. It is important to note that I have travelled quite a lot, and this is the first time that I make a review on a restaurant because I felt outraged.
This so called 18 € hamburger was a single piece of burger meat , not bigger than 180 grams in the middle of the plate. No bread, no vegetables, no sauces just the meat. It was no special meat either. Just some regular burger meat.
I am a cook and I have never been so outraged by a dish before. To put the price in context, a beer in a regular restaurant is less than 3 euros, and a burger, in some new fancy burger joints are about 10 euros WITH bread and vegetables and cheese and bacon and whatnot. Spain is a very cheap place to get goodfood, so I feel the need to repeat, do not get the burger at this place.
Other than that, the waitress felt so ashamed to have forgotten the starters and to follow with this half assed dish that she gave us free deserts so I got that going on for me...

Date of visit: July 2015
3  Thank MichelA1370
Reviewed June 16, 2015

Good food a bit crowded, nice location to go and have a drink, for me is more a like a bar with food.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed June 7, 2015 via mobile

We walked in around 7pm on a Sunday, before the restaurant was packed but while it was still quite busy. They have a very creative menu with a lot of quinoa (maybe there's a Peruvian influence). We had a large bottle of water and a bottle of cava rose (they also have some very expensive wine - Petrus, Chateau Yquem, if that's what you're looking for) mini spring rolls with duck and artichoke, quinoa with lamb and vegetables, plus a desert of meringue and mango (Isla floatante). They brought us some delicious bread, olives a a small cup of a creamy squash soup (for which we were charged €3.80 - 2 pan y aperitivo). Service was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed the background music. Total bill was €79.30, so I wouldn't classify as inexpensive but on par for a trendy bar/restaurant of this caliber and ambiance in this neighborhood. Wish there was a place like this back home.

Date of visit: June 2015