“There is something about this Cuban place making it irresistible despite the non-spectacular food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zara - MOVED

Zara
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chueca
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

While strolling in the area looking for a restaurant we bumped into this place on a Friday night. It is a very small restaurant and was completely packed. So back we went some days later to give it another try. We had failed to make a reservation in advance, but were met by very friendly waiters indicating we could wait for some minutes and would get a table. And so it happened. Throughout the entire experience, the waiters were very friendly, helping us with the menu. As such, the food we had ordered is nothing spectacular (but then this was the first time we were having Cuban food, so no points of comparison): lots of rice and beans plus a chunk of meat as a main. Reasonable prices, though. In short: while this is not the restaurant of the century in terms of gastronomy, it does deserve a visit (but please do book in advance to avoid disappointment) so as to taste Cuban cuisine in friendly surroundings.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank ABelgianFamily

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“A little bit of cuba in spain.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Great food. Great service. What a atmospher.

1 Thank borselen73
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Cuban Food Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

I have been to this restaurant twice and on both occasions i never get disappointed with the food - although some people might find it a little too salty.
On my first visit, in Jan09, I had fried cassava chips, yuca chips, and a plate of roast pork on white rice and black bean. I found it quite tasty.
On my most recent visit, tonight, I had a fish soup, a plate of ropa vieja on white rice and a Daiquiri. I found them enjoyable, especially the Daiquiri which is fantastic.
This place is small. It has about 10 tables. Late at night more and more people start to come in for dinner. If you want to eat early,surely, there will be table available.
On my later visits I am sure that I would dine here at least once during each of my stay in Madrid.

1 Thank THAI_DOLLY
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Daiquiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2007

Daiquiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (and the food is secondary)

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook