“Good but not outstanding”
Review of Thai Garden 2112

Thai Garden 2112
Ranked #1,312 of 12,042 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I live near here and so we go periodically. It is good Thai food, not outstanding, but good. As a vegetarian, I appreciate that, like with most Thai food, there are several options for me. I generally like Pad Thai or Thai curry. The Pad Thai here is a little bland. The curry is better, but as I said before... not outstanding :). My husband has had better luck with the fish dishes. As others have noted, however, the prices are high. And, if you get appetizers and entrees, the bill ends up quite high as the appetizers are priced practically the same as the entrees. The ambiance is fun - a little cliche, but fun. Although at times, I feel like the waitstaff hurry the meal, even when there aren't people waiting.

1  Thank ln2inSegovia

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Ambience is beautiful, but this is not a strong enough substitute for indifferent food. Microwaved spring rolls, stodgy noodles, incipid curry. Not horrible but very, very ordinary.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

The restauran is has a traditional thai restaurant decoration, the waitresses have a traditional thai custum, everything looks neat, besides that, the food is to little for the price and the waitresses are a little unfriendly and kind of too serious, they look upset, I saw a little situation between two of them, but I dont think that could be an excuse for the way our waitress treated us. The food is little too "little" for the money. I lnow that at these kind of restaurants they dont serve a lot of food on your plate, but believe me, it was too little. I really love thai food, I extected better service, Im not going back there, not even to give them another oportunity, because I have discover the best thai ever cole to my home..for the same price but a lot better in many respects

Reviewed August 9, 2009

Quite decorative places, but the food is mass production and the service is indifferent, if not unfriendly. Thai gardens is a international restaurant chain (I tried the 2 restaurants in Madrid and 1 in Barcelona) They get quite crowded and hectic and eating there is not a pleasure, bur stress. The portions are small and for what you get it is way too expensive.
Their web-page (quite nice) does not reflect the atmosphere of the eating experience.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

Pricey and overrated.. good quality of service.