“First class restaurant - be prepared to spend lots of $$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Santceloni

Santceloni
Reserve with
Santceloni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 10,520 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ontario, Canada
“First class restaurant - be prepared to spend lots of $$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I went here for my birthday in September. It's attached to a hotel outside of the city centre.

PROs:
- Exceptional service! I'm not sure if it is because of it being a Michelin star rated restaurant or because my husband and I have been exposed to the impolite service we received in other average restaurants in Madrid!
-There's a Metro stop one minute walk from the restaurant.
-Beautifully plated food. It is truly like eating a piece of art!
-Meals come with extra (very small portions) like amuse Bouche, appetizers, and plate of dessert.

CONs:
- It is away from the city centre. So if we wanted to take a stroll after dinner, there weren't anything nearby except a Metropolis full of buildings.
- Quite expensive for the portion you receive. For example, I got the suckling pig for the Entree which costs €55 - on a plate were 5 square pieces of (mostly fat) meat 2" in size each.
- Similar to my point above, everything cost money including bread - which by the way they will offer but won't say that they'll charge you.
-Prices are not shown when handed the dessert menu. What we had was great. When we received the bill, they were €22 each.

Overall, if you want to experience outstanding service (which is very very important to us), I would suggest to try this place. Be warned that it will cost you average €150 per person!

Compared to other Michelin star rated restaurants we've been to, I would say this wouldn't top the list on value. I believe there should be a balance of artistic qualities and portion served. After-all, food is still consumed to feed our hunger!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank V-Y2K

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bordeaux, France
“Good food, exceptional desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

What could I say about this restaurant?
Every time, while visiting a new cities, besides the historical and architectural attractions, we always try to have a good food experience.
This time, during our trip to Madrid, we went to the Santceloni Restaurant. It was not voluntary choice, our hotel's concierge made us a reservation (so no Trip-advising before). However we knew that our dinner should be delicious, especially because it has been awarded 2 michelin stars.
The Restaurant itself is very beautiful. All of us, we were charmed by it's deco, the choice of colors, furniture, etc. We were also welcomed warmly and during the whole meal the service was attentive to our needs and always ready to answer our questions. However at the end we had a slight problem with an unexperienced waiter, who instead of bringing us the right desserts (we actually pointed them in the menu!!), twice got us different sorbet flavors instead of wanted positions.
We decided to order "a la carte", so we tried different starters, fish plates, cheeses and desserts. Savory dishes were good, but they were not exceptional or very elevated. Peace of fish (of course I realize that it has the best quality) with a peace of carrot, morel mushroom or a foam. I actually expected more. Nevertheless the sweet part was amazing!! I saw a lot of obligatory setting up at the dessert section and so many different taste combinations. It was hard to choose, but each of us was happy with his plate and unwilling to share even a bite with the others.
I also would like to talk about their Sommelier. Sometimes, in the different restaurants the wine waiters seem to be very serious and snobby, creating kind off unpleasant atmosphere, but this guy here, not only suggested us a perfect wine, but also was ready to chit chat a little about his profession and place itself.
To sum up. I have to admit, that I saw "more" creativity on my plate in the small bistros than in this two star restaurant, but I also agree, that it is still a very nice place to go and have a good meal with your family or friends.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Amazing, creative meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I were dazzled by our meal at Santceloni. The restaurant is gorgeous, the service is amazing and the food is beautiful, creative and delicious. This was our best meal in Madrid and I would go back in a heartbeat!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Astrid B
palmdale, ca
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Michelin 2 star that this restaurant has is well deserved. Dinner 2 nights ago was wonderful. Our young waiter and the sommelier were very helpful. This along with the excellent food made for a very enjoyable experience"

• Visited May 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We would recommend this restaurant as we had a wonderful experience from the time we entered until our departure. It is expensive but the service was impeccable without being snobbish, each superb course was explained and the little extras (tasty nibbles in between courses) they served were delicious.
The tables were well spaced out and there was no loud background music. The atmosphere was laid back and we enjoyed the whole evening. The chef was introduced to us at the end of the meal and we left feeling very happy.

• Visited May 2013