“Excellent lunch - set menu”
Review of Momo

Momo
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Momo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,245 of 11,010 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chueca
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch - set menu”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Friends took us here for lunch last Sunday and luckily we went early as we didn't have a reservation and within 30 minutes, there wasn't a spare table. We opted for the fixed price menu of 16 Euros for two courses. Great and innovative food - I had a manchego soup with muchrooms and saffron, followed by salmon and mango cerviche. The quality of the food, along with a good selection of reasonably priced wines, and attentive staff made it a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited December 2012

• Greek first
Madrid, Spain
“A personal favorite in the Madrid lunch scene”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Momo is one of the best values for lunch I have found after nearly 4 years in Madrid. It sits discreetly in the borders of the fashionable Chueca district, a simple storefront in a block with plenty of options for lunch. The room just went through a renovation and it looks sharp with touches of color provided by a back wall painting. Service is quick and efficient, without being exactly warm, classic madrileño attitude. The menu is creative and offers all kinds of goodies far beyond the classic menú del día fare, and at 11.50 euro per person is a great bargain.

In a recent visit, my girlfriend and I had a dish of sauteed vermicelli, asian style and full of concentrated flavors; and a fava bean stew with shiitake mushroom, a succulent variation of the Spanish classic. These first courses were abundant and executed perfectly and without pretension, just good food served unadorned, wonderful in a cold Castillian afternoon. The second dishes were two different renditions of steak, the first a large cut of brisket (vacío) in a fantastic soy sauce and honey glaze, the second a tender strip steak (entrecot) served on silky potato puree and a drizzle of pistachio oil. Dessert was a simple pineapple sorbet dashed with a sprinkle of mint. We left happy and satisfied, and with our wallets unscathed by the experience.

In summary: a few notches above the regular lunch fare, at essentially the same price. Invest the extra 1.5 euro and enjoy Momo's bounty.

• Visited December 2012
UK
“Very welcoming and nice food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Arrived on a Friday night at about 10pm, the place was full but we were told a wait of 15mins would be required. We had a couple of drinks at the counter/bar while we waited for a table. When we received the bill these drinks weren't accounted for and I was told they were on the house! A very nice, friendly atmosphere with good, very reasonably priced foor (had the 3 course set menu for 18.50euros which included a choice of approx 6 for each course). Menu in Spanish and English. Recommended.

• Visited November 2012
San Francisco, California
“Good Choice for the Menu del Dia.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Choose this restaurant for lunch because it was buzzing with people and had the largest menu choices of the restaurants we checked out in Chueca for their Menu del Dia (specially priced lunch menu that includes first course, second course, dessert and drink).

It is important to note the food offered by restaurants that have a Menu del Dia is considered home-style food that lets Madrilenos have a big meal without the typical US custom of eating something at their desk - all to say this is not gourmet cuisine, but serviceable food to fill one up.

I choose a the spinach salad with fried chickpeas with yogurt dressing that was one of the largest salads (and green food) I have seen in Madrid. It was quite good.

My second choice was turkey in a yellow curry sauce over vermicelli noodles that while tasty, but not outstanding.

For dessert I choose a delicious flan with a mixed berry sauce that was delicious.

Total cost for lunch 11 euros.

The service was quick, but not overly enthusiastic.

Ambience was nice with a long room with modern art on the walls.

I would recommend Momo for lunch for its price and variety of options - but with a price of 18 euros at night it is a better value for lunch

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Madrid visit”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My client had arranged a working dinner at momo, the place is very popular and gets filled very fast due to its food types and quality, initially I felt i may not have my type of food since I am a veggy but they served something special for me. We left aroud 2pm and still people were there.

• Visited September 2012