“Not worth money”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Overpriced restaurant. Not high quality food to high prices. Food was looking very poorly. It was not superior taste that we expekted.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

In our recent month in Spain we took two different couples to La Trainera for lunch and both times found it a very pleasant experience. We had been there on former visits. The salpicon de mariscos, a cold chopped seafood dish, was excellent. The gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic sauce) wasn't a success, so we didn't order that on the second visit. The albarino (white) house wine was lovely. The lubina (sea bass) was very good. Service was fairly attentive and we were in a small room, both times, with only a few tables which meant for a quiet and peaceful meal.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

we went there tonight following your good reviews. we had just olives and wine and left. we saw just that waiter's annoyed/disgusted/incredibly bothered face when we asked what's on tonight's menu. "Fish" the waiter explained not politely. "What kind of fish?" we inquired gently. "Fish". said the elderly waiter with that face I just described. Then we left not feeling welcomed at all. We did not have to pay for the wine and olives we had but it did not do much good. It would have felt better if we heard "we are sorry". We did not. that was not a "fresh" experience in madrid. The visit spoiled my best impressions of madrid.

2  Thank Helena R
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Would I say that 3 tasteless prawns and a basket of dry bread plus some tinned asparagus was befitting of a renowned restaurant We had 2 drinks plus the terrible food at a cost of 74 yes 75 euros. The 3 prawns had black stuff swimming out of them. Out fault to eat and not walk out. When we complained the waiters just shrugged their shoulders. Worst restaurant we have ever been in

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife and I visited the restaurant. She ordered green salad and grilled sea bass while I had seafood soup and grilled sol. The salad was fresh, but my soup is so salty that I unable to have it. The seafood in the soup was not as fresh as I expected, a big disappointment. I would expect the soup to be fresh and tasty. The grilled fishes were ok but we found them too oily. Overall, a meal that nothing to write home about.