“Authentic Mexican Food”

Taqueria del Alamillo
Ranked #2,281 of 10,696 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: La Latina
Alcobendas, Spain
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were there last Saturday Night. It wash,t the first time. We could taste authentic, good mexican food. You can be helped by waiters in order to undestand the dishes :) because they are mexican funny names. The desserts are also very mexican. We are going to come back soon.

• Visited June 2013

Portland, Oregon
“A great eating experience, but make a reservation.”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

This small restaurant, located in a quiet corner, offers some of the best food and most pleasing atmosphere you can find in Madrid. Certainly, I have not had any Mexican food in this city which is comprable, and it is on par with the best Mexican food I have had in a dozen years living in Los Angeles.

First, the staff is remarkably friendly. I have now been here a handful of times, but even on my first visit, I was treated like a returning friend. The menu is not long, but there are always specials off the menu if one takes a moment to ask about them. The staff is happy to share their knowledge of the food and its characteristics.

The margaritas are excellent. The only problem with them that I could find is that they are not large enough. They are not particularly small, but I am always left wanting another. And another,

The food itself is wonderful, tasty, and varied. The dishes tend to be on the less-spicy side, as they are made for the Spanish taste, which does not revel in heat. A quick chat with the waiter, though, can remedy that, if you choose.

I've tried most things on the menu and many specials, and I have never been unhappy with a dish here. Some are better than others but all are good. I have never tried the desserts.

The price is extremely reasonable. It is easy to spend under 20 euros per person here.

This restaurant is very, very busy on the weekends. Reservations are necessary for these times, and often require two weeks advance.

The restaurant is also English-speaker friendly.

1 Thank mrbryan
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good food from Mexico,”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Very good food from Mexico,

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexicanish food, not real mexican, ok but as good as everyone says”
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I live 300 M from here and figured we would go check it out. I eat mexican often in LA and New York and this might be good for Madrid but its not anything like good Mexican. If you are from Europe then for you it might be great, if you have been to mexico or the states you will be left disappointed.

First of all the portions were small. Mexican food is cheap food generally, and you expect some "filler' of beans or rice. You wont get that here. I would have had to order 3 entres to get a meal (I am not fat, but I have had more food off the back of a truck in LA for $2 then from here for 15 euros). A side of guacamole was 8 Euros for about 1 avacado worth and wasn't that good (no lime, onion, etc, just a mashed avacado). Generally the food was over cooked and uninspiring. It was a Spanish version of Mexican food.

We complained on the way out and the manager said, "come back and I will give you a big plate of real mexican!" I haven't taken her up on the offer.

There is another Mexican place on the other side of Segovia 150M away which is about the same (not reviewed) but also uninspiring, over-cooked, and yet another on Segovia on the opposite side of the wall that the restaurant shares with the adjoining street (never eaten there). My advice would be that if you crave Mexican make it at home because there are no good Mexican restaurants in Madrid.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook