“Horrible service and Food.”
Review of Casa Lucio

Casa Lucio
Ranked #1,159 of 13,479 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

I went to this restaurant for the reviews but the service was awful our waiter was like in a bad mood and no tolerance and took a lot of time to bring our food. Also, if you like healthy food this restaurant is not for you because the food is FULL of oil. However, if you decide to come (for whatever reason) order a dessert called "pan perdido" or "Flan" . Desserts were the only thing that I liked.

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant who is from Madrid and she knows I don't like tourist traps. All I have to say not many tourist at all. Everyone here was local for the most part, and I will say service started slow. Once we got our drinks then it was on a roll and things were served with style and on point. The food was excellent, the huevos rotos probably best in the city, the lenteja(chic pea soup) on point. We also ordered the mere( fish dish) and langostinos(cross between shrimp and mini lobsters) delicious. There Spanish wine selection was very good. The flan and arroz con leche desert was delicious. We had a great meal and I thought was reasonable. Highly recommend when in Spain. Enjoy

1  Thank nibaldom2015
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful dinner with our Madrid friends at Lucio's. The food was exquisite. The wine list extensive & very reasonably priced. And hanging out with Lucio at the table was a treat - seeing how international movie & music stars regularly stop in. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Madrid was my last stop after a 5 city European vacation. Went with my wife for dinner to this highly recommended restaurant. I do not know if the waiter was having a bad day or a toothache but he didn't even say hello, he just handed the menus. I had to call him back for the wine list. No bread or water was brought to the table. The wine was served without giving me a chance to taste it before hand. I do not understand how people could say their food is good. I found the food to be mediocre at best with a very poor presentation. Of all the restaurants I visited during my 5 city tour , this was the worst.

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Nothing is forever... except maybe Casa Lucio. I have been visiting this restaurant since 1975 and I never grow tired of its delicacies. The attentive staff treats nobility( they do visit) luminaries and mere mortals equally. We all get the warm and personable manner that signifies Lucio's gastronomic philosophy.
The regulars have the advantage. Tables preferred for decades by loyal families are carefully protected for the habitués. Still there is enough space, food and charm for the rest of us.
If Placido Domingo sits next to you, maybe you wish to nod and smile, like my wife does. In any case don't miss ordering "los Huevos Rotos".

Ramon and Nercys