“Not only Eggs & Chips”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did a business dinner in Lucio recently. It was the first time after hearing so much talk about its fried eggs with chips, that the King of Spain goes to eat. I have to say they were good, but not the only thing at all, nice lamb, nice roasted baby pork, good beef and other good dishes. It can't get more traditional than this in Madrid. Service was a bit decadent as well as the set up ( chairs, utilities, etc.). Some nice wines. The thing that surprised me the most was how humble the owner (Lucio) was. Really kind man, you can see how he succeeded.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great food, service and atmosphere. Full of history and charm. Fried eggs and chips, a classic. Steaks fabulous.

2  Thank johnck104
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to Madrid to watch united against Real Madrid we had 3 nights for the stay. On arrival we took a taxi to our hotel ,the driver was friendly an honest with his charges .we asked him to recommend a good restaurant in Madrid without hesitation he gave us the name of casa lucio.
The first nite we went after fleshing up we arrived at 10.30 pm the restaurant was completely full ,as I spoke little Spanish an fluent Italian I managed to get in an wait.
We waited for about an hour we had few beers olives anchovies that was delicious.we got a good table for 3 and we had the most lovely food we ever had for a long time .my son had the stake my wife had the stew and had the leg of lamb also we had the egg tapas the jamon ,the wine was great and what a lovely place .we left at about 1.30 in the morning after saying thank you and happy birthday to the boss lucio I booked another night for me and my wife as my son had Togo on Thursday morning.
I went back on Thursday and had the suckling pig ,that my friend was the business delicious and out of this world.
This is the place to eat in Madrid and forget about this Michelin star restaurant and all the brain washing about it .this is the real eatery and the classic food, celebrities not short of ,the king of Spain eat there.thank you lucio and his son and daughter you made us very welcome and thankyou for the food .we will visit you back soon.

2  Thank Bechir B
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We booked looking for a good tapas restaurant but found anything but. We were told no tapas no just menu which was quite expensive, whilst debating whether to leave (there were 14 of us so couldn't all agree) we were miraculously offered a form of tapas by staff who purportedly couldn't speak English. It was our first night and didn't know better. We were offered some platters between us all with wine for 23 euros a head. What we got was trays of meat, trays of mushrooms trays of peppers and some trays of eggy chips. Although it was cooked well, value for money poor and unhelpful staff made for an unsatisfactory experience there are better cheaper places around

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

As many Spanish restaurants it opens only at 20h30. We were lucky to have a place without a reservation. We had Huevos Estrellados and the Lamb, which both were very tasty and a good representation of Spanish gastronomy. However, as young Belgian couple we found it sober plates and expensive for some fries and eggs.