“Not what they say it is”
Review of Casa Alberto

Casa Alberto
Ranked #238 of 11,701 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Description: Initially, Casa Alberto was simply tavern that dispatched wined accompanied with hard-boiled eggs, freshwater crayfish, etc. Nowadays, Casa Alberto is a staunch defender of the succulent and healthy cuisine of Madrid, bringing am edgy touch by its chef Mario Pilar Quiroga. Amongst the well-known specialties of Casa Alberto are: TYPICAL DISHES:Madrilenian Callos Tripe, Madrilenian Snails, Madrilenian Hand of Lamb, Madrilenian Cod, Ox Tail Stew, Beef Cheek or Veal Meatballs. AVANT-GARDES DISHES: Peppers Stuffed Squid in Ink, Grilled Octopus on Hummus and Tomato Vinaigrette, Grilled Mushroom With Gorgonzola, Beef Tenderloin with Apple Ali-Oli and Iberian Pork with Caramelized Onion and Vermouth Sauce. OUR DESSERTS: Classic Fried Milk, Black Chocolate Coulant with Mango Ice Cream, Mascarpone Cup With Berries and Homemade Cake Egg Custard. Besides our famous tapas the entire restaurant menu can be enjoyed also at the bar, one of the oldest in Madrid.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were disappointed with Casa Alberto. Though the place is quaint and a must to visit in view of its traditional setting, the wine is of a cheap quality and expensive. The tapas are similar to other tapas bars, so we found Casa Alberto only worth to have one drink.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The place is beautiful and steeped in History. The service staff was wonderful. If only any of the food would have been good, it would have been delghtful. Everything was fried or covered with grease. We came away feeling disappointed because we were actually referred there by the people who we rented the condo from. I think they probably have not eaten there in a while.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food was amazing, I am a vegetarian so I was slightly hesitant about going to a place with such a "meat-eaters atmosphere" but the salad and goat cheese I had was absolutely incredible, among the best I have ever eaten. I would go back in an instant!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great little restaurant with lots of character and a buzzing atmosphere. We arrived at 9pm and booked a table. We probably sat down at 10 pm after enjoying the vibrant atmosphere in the narrow bar.
Food was excellent and there is some very good wine on the menu. I went for simple steak and chips - It was excellent. My 3 lady guests went for a superb sale and a plate of lamb chops which they tell me were superb.
They do also serve snacks in the bar area from a smaller tapas style menu.

Definitely worth a visit

1  Thank David L
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I happened across Casa Alberto as we sought a place to eat after visiting the Prado. Not wanting tapas in the afternoon, we sat in the restaurant to order a dinner. The staff was very friendly with one waiter who spoke sufficient English was available to assist us. The decor was warm and welcoming. We both ordered seafood. The restaurant had a nice selection from which to choose from their menu including seafood, steak, ox tail stew, lamb chops and other delights. I ordered the cod which was well prepared with a pimento sauce and onion straws. Very nice plate. We wife had the hake with garlic prawns, again a well-prepared and tasty meal. Although a little on the pricy side, we enjoyed the food. We paid 66 Euros with a beer, half-bottle of house wine, bread and an appetizer with our main meals.We would return to try their tapas.