2,691 results
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationchueca districtgay areauntil noontrendy hotelhotel guestsdeluxe roomgran via metroan upgradebreakfast roomamazing hotelloved this hotelbars and restaurantscentral locationtapasmetro station
Reviewed August 12, 2013

location:
the hotel location is right in the center of the scene of bars and restaurants. most of the city sights are within walking distance. the next subway station is about 6 minutes walking away.

service:
the hotel staff was very friendly, and I felt very good taken care off.
the pool and terrace seem nice, but I found them to be somewhat pricey to be used. though it seems common around Madrid to be charged in addition to use spa / pool facilities.
internet was included and worked fine.

room:
the room was spacious and nice. I liked the little balcony and its view I had. though I think I was upgraded, as I only saw a few rooms that had the comfort of a balcony.

the only down turn - as with many Spanish hotels - the bed / mattress was not the most comfortable one. Overall a hotel, I would come back, as the price vs. offering was ok.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Gonzalo L, Gerente at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your nice words!

We take in count all your comments. In your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me: I´ll get for you the mattress you need.

We are looking forward for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Gonzalo Ladrón de Guevara
Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at room mate Oscar for a two nights weekend stay.
To say the least, our whole experience there has been bitter, if not utterly disappointing.

This place highly emphasises itself as an open-minded heaven, at the forefront of Madrid's chueca gay scene... However, one night we did not appreciate at all being greeted by security people in the lobby asking us what we were doing in the hotel ( as we were two men) ... While we were actually just going back to our room!!

Then speaking about the rooms: for sure the design is okay. However, maintenance seems poor, carpet dirty... And we were given one of the poorly lit rooms with a gloomy backyard view. So overall, not much of an experience worth the expensive price.

One of the key features which this hotel boosts is its pool. We went there in May, and to our biggest surprise, we could not even access the pool, as staff told us it was "closed". Well.... Actually, not fully closed either! As on one Saturday night we went onto the 6th floor to find a rooftop and pool area packed with superficial (and not so gay friendly) crowd of arrogant ladies staring at us and sipping cocktails wondering what we were doing there.... Well actually we were just hotel guests!! And just trying to take advantage of th facilities that had been "promised" to us. So to keep a long story short, this hotel actually prefers to give access on Saturday nights to guests outside the hotel wishing to enjoy the rooftop, rather than to focus on the benefits and well being of its own fare paying guests.

By the way, in this same Chueca area, we did one far more pleasant rooftop in "Mercato San Anton". So really, the hotel rooftop's  seems to be attracting highly superficial people that are not exactly worth the trip.

In a nutshell: true that this place benefits from a great location and stylish bedrooms. But that's it. Staff is not great, hardly knows its guests need, and the rooms there are actually quite expensive for what remains merely a 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vassalbassano

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time in Óscar and your time for let us know your opinion.

We are very sorry because our aim is give you an excellent service and make you feel at friend´s home.

In our web page you can find detailed and clear information about the hotel and the services we provide.

Nevertheless, I want to inform you that the pool time is during the summer season. Starts around middle of June and finishes (hopefully) at the end of September.

Please, feel free to contact me in your next visit.

Gonzalo Ladrón de Guevara
Manager

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited as staying at sister hotel Alicia which is in a far better location but doesn't have the advantage if a roof top pool. It cost us 10£ a room to use the facilities which were amazing luxurious an so clean! A perfect last day for our city break

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I booked 5 rooms for a 5 day stay with friends. Everything was perfect. The pool on the roof is one of the most comfortable settings around. The rooms were very comfortable and the front desk staff very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was dreaming about going to visit Madrid since a long time ago.
I wanted to share with my partner an unforgettable experience on our first trip together.
I was in charge of searching and booking the hotel.
The hotel chosen was Room Mate Oscar.
We stayed four lovely days in this hotel.
To my mind, one of the best characteristics of this hotel is the situation.
The hotel is located literally in the center of the city.
We didn't have to take any kind of public transport and we could go walking and enjoying the city.
We were really impressed with the way the hotel was amazingly decorated.
Besides, the service was very friendly and polite, all the people were always smiling and very serviceable.
If I have to mention something to improve, I would say that it would be great to put increase mirrors in the rooms.
Apart from that, our most sincere congratulations, we are already saving to return to Madrid and to the Oscar Room mate for sure, ASAP!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple