Room Mate Oscar
NH Hotels
$200
Only YOU Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$147
  • Pool
$384
  • Room Service
2,593 results
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationchueca districtgay areauntil noontrendy hotelhotel guestsdeluxe roomgran via metroan upgradebreakfast is servedbreakfast roomfront desk staffamazing hotelloved this hotelbars and restaurantscentral location
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The young, eager staff at room mate Oscar did their best to deal with each problem as it arose, but in the end, this hotel just plain sucks. We are two couples traveling in Spain. The " do you want to sleep with me" banner stretched across the front of the hotel should have been our first tip off....
Our rooms were on the top floor, ensuring that every visitor to the roof top bar and "pool" traipsed noisily past our doors all night. Room one was a good sized room with a balcony, but the balcony doors were broken and did not lock. The toilet bowl was filthy and the sink did not drain, due we discovered, to the chunks of vomit left by the last occupant, that were clogging the drain. By the time we returned to our room after a late night supper, the staff had unclogged the sink and cleaned the bathroom as per our request. The balcony door could not be fixed. Oh, did i forget to mention the police in the lobby when we returned? Room two was hot and so tiny that the door hit the corner of the bed. The shower had visible mold. We were promised new rooms the following day and offered breakfast vouchers. We got into bed, tired and a little grossed out and were waken at 6:00 AM by a wake up call that had not been requested. The hairdryer shorted out and the replacement i got from the cleaning person i found in the hall, was in poor condition. The staff moved both couples to rooms on a lower floor the next day. The rooms were an improvement, however the sink in one room poured water onto the floor. It was as if there were no pipes, just an opening in the bowl that poured onto the bathroom floor. The staff offered an upgraded room for our last night, but that would have meant moving three times in less than 72 hrs so we refused their offer. Four of twelve lightbulbs in one room are burnt out, toilet paper holders in both rooms are broken, the cleaning staff did not replace the sliver of soap which did not last through two showers. As I write this review at 1:16 AM on the last night of my stay, someone has been pounding on a nearby room door for just under five minutes, while other doors have been banging open and shut and people are treading noisily through the hall and above my room. It will be good to check out.

Room Tip: Stay off the 7th floor. Better yet, stay elsewhere.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Loritraveler1957
roommateoscar, Gerente at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Our team is always willing to help you and to make your stay wonderful, which, clearly, in your case we have not achieved. I would ask you to please accept my apologies and I would also like to express my regret for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay that may have spoilt your enjoinment of what we would have hoped would have been a totally satisfactory stay in our hotel.

I would be very glad if you want to come again to our hotel. Please contact me directly to make your booking, and I will make sure that your really feel that you are in a friend´s house, and have the Room Mate experience, that make us very proud of.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in this hotel in mid September. The location is superb, situated in the beating heart of Madrid. The rooms however, whilst comfortable, we're not that amazing. Our room was a standard double, with no view and the toilet and shower were located - quite literally - at the bottom of the bed. Five feet and a frosted glass partition does not really provide that much privacy. That aside, it's a cool hotel with a lively crowd to match. If you want peace and quiet this isn't for you but them again neither is a weekend in Madrid.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Óscar and for your time giving us your opinion.

The most value information comes from our guests; this is how we improve day by day our service and our hotel. We take into consideration your opinion about the rooms.

Please feel free to contact me for your next visit.

Sincerely.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in Room Mate Hotels before in Madrid but this time opted to stay closer to Chueca at hotel Oscar. It's a great location and the staff was very friendly but the rooms , though cool, need updates. We stayed in suite 103 and the carpet was stained, the funky couch/table had a cigarette burn and the bathroom just REEKED, seriously, like a night club of cigarette smoke. At first we thought it was because of the previous guest, but it remained the same over 3 nights there. Taking a shower felt like a nightclub.

We like the Room Mate concept , so we hope management give this hotel a needed update soon and enforce the non-smoking rules.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, we are grateful that you have chosen the Room Mate Óscar, and also because you have spent a few minutes of your valuable time to let us know your opinion. The most value information comes from our guests; this is how we improve day by day our service and our hotel.

Thank you very much for your nice words, this will encourage our Family.

Please feel free to contact me for your next visit, I will be glad to make your booking myself.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is very comfortable and the location is great for nightlife as well as centrally located for the sights of Madrid. Great room overlooking the square. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Great bars in the area. Choice of restaruants can be a bit more of a challenge but lots of very good tapas as you might expect.
Do check your bill. I was charged for 2 breakfasts for two I did not have. I was not given the bill to check just told the amount to pay and did so.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Tamara L, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Mr. Walsh,

Thank you very much for leleaving us your opinion in this web page, we do appreciate your nice words about your stay in Oscar.

I really want to apologize for the mistake we have made with your bill and I would like you please to contact directly with me to check this charge so we can refund you for these breakfast you have not enjoyed.

my email address is: oscar.jrecepcion@room-matehotels.com

Best regards and we do hope to see you soon in Oscar!

Támara López
Front Desk manager

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights, located in the Chueca neighborhood, and just 2 blocks from Gran Via. Pros: The hotel fronts a nice plaza with good places to have some drinks and tapas. Great area to shop. Cons: the modern boutique concept, although nice is not practical, dimm lighting in room not practical, the rooms are showing a need for an uplift, leaky ceiling in bathroom, and the humidity smell is dreadful, and last, NO soundproofing!! You can hear everything in the halls, hotel's kitchen through a window, and noise from the bar upstairs. I enjoyed specifically for location, but will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
roommateoscar, Gerente at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Eric,

Thank you very much for your opinion. Over everything, we beg you to accept our sincere apologizes if the Hotel has not reached your expectations.

I am very sorry for all the issues mentioned in your opinion, our aim is to achieve all your needs. We take into consideration all your opinions; hopefully in your next visit we will achieve your total satisfaction.

I would be very glad if you want to come again to our hotel. If I can do anything for you do not hesitate in contact me, I will love to help you.

Yours sincerely,