“My New Roomie!”
Review of Room Mate Oscar

Room Mate Oscar
Ranked #51 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had a wonderful 5 night stay here and was very happy with the hotel. I checked in very late at night and they gave me an upgrade for no reason at all! I was already in love!

I had requested a room in a quiet part of the hotel. They put me on the 6th floor facing the plaza, just 2 floors from the roof bar, but they really soundproofed this room. Did not hear a peep at all. Had a great view of the plaza, but could only hear it if I opened the window.

Staff is very friendly and enthusiastic, always responded well to my requests. Breakfast was included in my rate and there were plenty of choices to get your day going.

As mentioned, location was perfect for reaching any of the major tourist attractions, plus the local neighborhood has some very good restaurants.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,395)

Reviewed May 31, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Perfect hotel in center of Madrid beautifully decorated and a very helpful team
Very recommend !

Room Tip: We tried breakfast once we did not like the coffee better the coffee shop next to the hotel
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. Very modern and cool hotel. Great location. Rooms are spacious and clean. Very nice decor. We loved the breakfast which was included in our room rate. The lounge is also very nice. Service was just ok.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was our experience that Room Mate Oscar is staffed by very friendly and helpful representatives. Rooms are not equipped with an iron but after calling Reception one was brought within 5 minutes - very impressive based on my experience with North American hotels. Also, they happily telephoned restaurants to make reservations for my party. The breakfast for E6.95 is great value.

The location of this hotel is great, near everything and a block from the Gran Via (including the Gran Via Metro station).

A close look at the rooms and furnishings indicates that they are somewhat whethered rather than sparkling new. The only disappointment was the room layout: A tiny window with no view, leaving the room fairly dark. I had a strong feeling that they reserve the less attractive rooms for people who booked on discount websites like hotels.com, as our friends had a similar experience.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am at Diamond level with Hilton so I normally stay at Hilton hotels whenever possible but their Madrid location was sold out. A business associate suggested Room Mate Oscar so I gave it a try. Due to last minute booking I had to pay for a Deluxe room and much to my surprise and pleasure, they upgraded me two levels so I got a huge suite with a balcony overlooking a square below.

The ladies at the check-in desk were young and pretty and spoke perfect English. Check-in was fast and friendly.

The rooftop bar was a minute away and has a great atmosphere. Prices for drinks were very reasonable and the crowd was made up of young professionals.

Going to a business dinner at a very nice restaurant was easy as there are hundreds of great places to eat within a 5-10 minute walk.

I will definately make this my 1st choice the next time I visit Madrid.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom L
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I think is the best choice If you want a cheap but good hotel. Two metro stations are 2 minutes away from the hotel. But do not go for a drink at the lobby because is very expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple