“Divine beet root cake!”
Review of El Colmao GastroClub - CLOSED

El Colmao GastroClub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Description: There's a new magic and indispensable place at the Austria's Madrid neighbourhood: "El Colmao Gastroclub restaurant". A ubique culinary experience where find the mixture of international food and homemade flavor. "El Colmao Gastroclub" is developed for offer a range of mediterranean products. Not only within the restaurant, buy also outside, cause you can take away the entire menu. A special environment with selected music and unique vintage decoration. In addiction of its interesting menu, its "brunch" and daily plate offer for mid-week days, you can buy the selected products: homemade cakes, fresh bread, flowers, wines, preserves, household equipment and furniture. Come and discover its three espaces with different experiences.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I went at 11pm. I was only going to have the foccacia with a glass of white wine. The waiter told me that as I had booked my table through the fork (here on tripadvisor) I got a 20% discount if I would add a starter or a dessert. Because of that I had a slice of beetroot-chocolate cake for dessert. It was the best beetroot cake I've ever tasted. The chocolate frosting was so smooth and clearly made with good quality real chocolate (I would think). For foccacia with chicken, slice of cake and a glass of wine I only paid 14€. They might have forgotten to charge for something but I dont think so.
The staff is very welcoming. They really seem to want you to feel right at home. A quality I have found rare with people in the service industry in Spain.
I had a very nice walk from Gran Via, past the Palace on my way so all in all a very good evening (and they even accept American Express)

1  Thank J_K_N_KK555

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had high expectations when I arrived, due to this restaurant’s high rating at Tripadvisor, but I was disappointed. The service was OK, nothing outstanding but OK. The atmosphere was noisy due to the music and some very loud other guests. But, most of all, I was disappointed by the food. The ribeye was so tough that I had problems eating it.

1  Thank S S
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We enjoyed our meal here - nothing out of the ordinary, but very good. The service was very attentive. The ambiance was a very inviting eclectic mix.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We heard La Latina was a fun part of town (completely accurate, by the way) so we took the metro there and wandered. El Colmao was our 7th stop in the search for an open table to seat 12 twenty-somethings... talk about stars aligning. This place isn't obvious or ornate, but instead it's the embodiment of the proverbial "diamond in the rough." The decor is pristine, and the waitress was more than willing to shove four tables together. She was unfailingly patient with our efforts in Spanish, for which we are quite grateful. The house wine is priced FAR below its quality (seriously, order the wine), and the food was delicious. Go hungry, stay and chat, you won't regret it.

2  Thank courtney w
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great service , of the main track , very attentive, very relaxed atmosphere and meal - food great. Would definitely recommend and return again. Couldn't have been more attentive. Thank you!

1  Thank Vikki S