$173
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$102
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$189
$168
$200
$187
Only YOU Hotels
$125
$114
  • Pool
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$214
$155
$300
$282
  • Pool
All reviewsretiro parkgreat locationfrosted glassretiro metro stationpuerta de alcalawalking distancesafe neighborhoodsalamanca areanice hotelwould stay here againhotel is locatedmajor museumsspoke englishtwo blocksside streetrooms are comfortablevisiting madrid
Reviewed May 17, 2018

I stayed 3 nights here on my recent 4-day trip. I picked this AC Hotel location mainly due to its close proximity to the Recoletos Cercanias station - which is an easy straight shot to the airport (FYI - Cercanias is cheaper than metro to go in/out of airport, esp for Terminal 4). I left hotel at 10:05 and arrived at T4 just under an hour. The hotel is also close to Retiro Park and Retiro metro station.
It is in a ritzier part of Madrid, so you won't find any "cheap" eats around the hotel. There is 2 places you can get a quick bite in the morning nearby (Mas Q Menos and Mallorca). The hotel itself offers a nice breakfast with meat, salmon, pastries, fresh juice & coffee PLUS I think they cook eggs and bacon per request. It is 22,00 euros per person (ouch!) but with Silver status it was only 5,00 euros (much better).
I arrived early on my day of check-in and was able to get a room before noon (thank you!). My room was tucked away from others with no neighboring room so I don't hear much noises. The room was spacious and clean. They provided a small complimentary bottle of water daily. And I very much enjoyed the bathtub and bathrobe - I soaked after a long day of walking.
Overall this is a great hotel and I had an excellent stay. (Disclaimer: I did not pay full price for the room so I can't speak for the value - it was definitely a great value for what I spent.)

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is close to the railway station and really only a block back from one of the best parts of Madrid. Our room was large with a great bathroom. The breakfast was one of the best. The hotel was full because of the tennis. Reception staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

We had a wonderful stay in this very pretty boutique hotel. The location is outstanding - in the very center of Madrid. I also really liked how modern and design the whole hotel felt. What I found the most outstanding was the excellent service provided by the front desk ladies we had upon check in, they were so kind to give us advises about restaurants in the area. The night audit which booked our taxi and did our check out was also extremely kind and hospitable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2018

These nice hotel in the Salamanca area of Madrid is an excelent place to stay while visiting the area. Nice room, nice bathroom, nice size. Its very close to the best restaurants in Madrid and the shopping area.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Good hotel for the price and the location. Good sized rooms. Fair breakfast. Staff was on hand and helpful. This hotel is in the middle of Madrid in a great neighborhood with lots of restaurants and even a supermarket, small. I highly recommend for tourists who only sleep and go. Business travelers as well. Bar staff was very helpful. Jazz night was amazing.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family