“Good location, nice hotel”
Review of AC Hotel Recoletos

AC Hotel Recoletos
Ranked #130 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Good location, nice hotel”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This Marriott hotel is pretty nice. Stayed here for five nights during a business trip in June. Really like the fact that we were close to a couple of different train stops. The train system in Madrid is really easy to use and pretty cheap!
The room was very modern. The bathroom is enclosed in fogged glass, which was cool! The bed was ok, not very fancy and not very soft. But since I was only getting about five hours of sleep a night anyhow, it really didn't matter.
The hardest thing to get used to was not eating supper until 9pm or later at night!!! But overall, I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Don't be turned off by the unimpressive lobby ... the rooms are lovely. The hotel is nicely located in a side street off Calle de Serrano, five minutes away from Calle de Goya shopping in one direction and five minutes away from the red double-decker bus in the other. Cheerful, helpful people at the front desk; spacious and bright room with a little balcony; hardwood floors; supermarket and restaurants across the street. The only problem is that it seems to be short-staffed: I sat at the bar one evening when it was supposedly open, but there were no servers. I finished reading an entire newspaper, and when still nobody had come to take my order I went up to the room and ordered room service instead. I was given the mysterious explanation that the server was "attending to another guest." Other than that, it was fantastic and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor facing the street, and it was fine.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights. It is pretty well located near the train and the metro. The staff was really helpful and the room (we got the one on the corner) was really big with 2 showers. Great service!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Gaby810
Estero, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We selected this hotel for four nights because of its reputation and location within the city of Madrid. Situated in the upscale Retiro neighborhood (midway between the US Embassy and the Prado Museum) the hotel is near the Retiro metro station (and Retiro park), and Ciebeles Palace. Our stay was perfect in every way. We enjoyed very comfortable, quiet rooms, and the assistance of a very capable staff. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Spain starting with an overnight in Madrid.

The location of this hotel and Madrid itself made us wish we would have stayed longer!

We were located across the street from one of the most beautiful city parks I have ever experienced. Major attractions were just 10-15 min walking away.

Our dinner was good but I wasn't 100% happy with the recommended restaurant from the hotel. Just a little higher priced for what you get. All in all my only slightly negative thing... And by negative I mean meeting our expectation rather than exceeding like everything else.

Tremendous value for quality, cleanliness and location!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Grosseto, Italy
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I must confess that I particularly love AC Hotels. I visited quite a few and in all of them they are able to let me really feel a repeat guest. For my new week end in Madrid I booked this Hotel, due to the fact that it's the AC Hotel closest to the city centre. I would book once again!
The rooms are tipical AC ones. The "glass wall" separating the bedroom from the bathroom is a very nice touch of design, IMHO. As I travelled with my girflriend, we had no pricay issue. The breakfast is very good. In addition to the rich buffet, you can order your eggs with no extra charge. The bar service at night, coming back from the center, was good. The staff has been very nice and helpful. Once again, the location is perfect. The only suggestion I can offer to AC Hotel is regarding the wifi. Pls, it's time to jump in the future (actually, it's already the present): it has to be available on a complimentary basis all over the hotel, not only in the common areas. You can find free wifi even in a pub, adn you pay only 1,00 Euro for a beer!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is not a hotel I would recommend. The room was not particularly clean. There was no clock, because ‘guests steal them.’ The bathroom walls are all smoked glass, so there is no privacy at all. There was no anti-slip mat in the bath/shower and no handhold, so it was necessary to hold onto the glass door for balance. The soap provided is in the shape of a golf ball, and there was no soap dish, so the soap spent most of the time either in the sink or on the floor. The bed stood on a wooden floor, and creaked with every movement. There are no drawers in the room. In its favor, the hotel is in a side street, so there was little traffic noise, and it was no more than a fifteen minute walk to the center of town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple