“Beatuiful Hotel, great staff”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #88 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have been here for just 2 days and staff made me feel very welcomed and created a remarkably warm atmosphere. The hotel itself is beautiful, very modern and stylish.

Service team is highly customer related and willing to do a extra step. There are alos various conference rooms. I would alss go there for vacation!

I would definetely come back or recommend to others!
Holger, Germany

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you very much for your positive feedback!

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you liked the design of the property!

I have shared your comments with my team and we all feel really happy to have exceed your expectations. We will be delighted to welcome you again in a near future and that you have time to enjoy our Relaxation Area which is fantastic in Summer time!

Looking forward to make you feel at home for a second time!

Clément Félus

Write a ReviewReviews (3,227)

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Continues to be the best hotel I frequent. Although pricey (what do you expect from a 5-star hotel?) good deals are available... mostly via expedia. I recommend the breakfast. And the executive lounge. And the free airport transfer. And, well, everything this place has to offer. But the best part is the staff - they are amazing and a total asset that makes this hotel the best in the world (in my opinion!). Room for improvement?... free WIFI would be good

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Arriving in Madrid by train for an over night and early flight this hotel is the best. That said, it is a 20 euro cab ride from downtown. You would be better to stow your luggage if the train station has lockers and do a couple hours in downtown before heading out.

But once at the Hilton service and comfort rules. Be sure to become an honors member and pay the upgrade option to the executive level. Snacks, drinks, online computers along with fabulous modern rooms with fantastic bathrooms make this a great stop to unwind while preparing to leave for home.

That said this is a generic, though upscale Hilton experience. The fabulous bartender even knew how to make a proper martini. So this isn't my choice for a Spanish experience hotel, but when you need a shuttle at 5:30 AM and a lovely selection of coffee, juice and pastries in the lobby while you wait - this hotel is perfect.

The experience is generic in that you could be

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your great feedback!

All our team members are always at the guest disposal to provide an excellent service, and thanks to your kind reply, we can see that we have fulfilled your expectations this time.

I am glad to know that you have become a Hilton Honors member and that you could enjoy the benefits during your stay with us.

I will share your comments on the great Martini you had with our F&B Department. They will be pleased to know that you had a good experience at Ferrum Bar.

I hope to welcome you soon again at Hilton Madrid Airport.

Gm.madridairport@hilton.com

Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed there twice, on the 20th of Feb and the 1st of March. The staff at the reception and the shuttle driver are very helpful and polite. On our first stay everything was fine, no complaint. On our second stay things changed for the worst. The food from the bar was not good at all, my Hilton Burger ordered "raw" arrived well done, there was not much I could do. One of our guests' fajitas were simply inedible. We mentioned this to the waiter but he seemed unconcerned. Moreover, the same waiter was annoyed that we returned the house wine as the bar had changed it from one kind to the other between the 2d and 3rd glass without telling us. he was so rude when we complained. For breakfast the scrambled eggs were cold and tasted artificial flavours. Finally my credit card bill is still full of uncleared "authorisations" which prevents me from using it. It is overall difficult to recommend this hotel until matters have improved.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ArnaudGagneux
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We're not usually 5 star people, but we stayed here for one night in transit due to an early departure the following morning. The hotel itself was lovely. The room was gorgeous, pool area was great, restaurant service was excellent and breakfast probably the best I'd had anywhere. As it was a Sunday, the local shops were closed, but we decided to go for a walk and headed to the metro station - about 500 m. Randomly came across a group of nondescript shops including a litle tapas place - and had one of the most excellent meals of our time in Spain!
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is no free wifi - the cheapest hostel offers this but the Hilton can't?
With its location, you'd only stay here for proximity for the airport. Which is a bit of a shame. Because, really, it was (other than lack of wifi) flawless.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaym01
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Having surprised our teenage son with a trip to Madrid for his birthday we arrived at the Hilton mid afternoon. On arrival we were greeted by fantastic staff who made sure we felt very welcome and sent us straight to the executive lounge for cocktail hour.During this time Miguel who had greeted us at reception organised a map for us and a suggested itinary for our stay...this proved invaluable in fitting in as much as we could in the time we had. During our stay we took full use of the pool (nightime is best to appreciate light effects) and gym.
On his birthday our son was surprised with a beautiful bithday cake being delivered to our room which was delicious and a very kind gesture. From start to finish Miguel and staff looked after our needs and always with a smile on their face.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Greetings from Hilton Madrid Airport!

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I have told Miguel from Front office your positive feedback! All the team is delighted to know that you had a good time with us.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon at Hilton Madrid Airport…for another celebration maybe!

Reviewed February 12, 2011

I had read the great reviews but as the shuttle van (which arrived quickly at the airport) approached the quite ordinary-looking multi-story building, I began to get ready for some disappointment. However, as soon as we stepped into the lobby with its sleek, sophisticated and modern atrium, my hope was restored. We had reserved two rooms with Hilton Honors points, and at the desk, I asked about an upgrade. Since we were no longer Gold members, it was available only for a 60 euro charge for each room. (I am pretty sure that we had received email offers imbedded in our confirmation which offered the upgrade for a lesser price if you booked it ahead, and I would advise that you do this.) However, we had had a rough trip up to that point and, on impulse, I went ahead and got the upgrades. Good move. The club floor was outstanding. My teenage boys enjoyed themselves immensely between the high-tech bathrooms, fabulously comfortable beds and good-sized flat screen TV. The lounge had a beautiful night time skyline view as well as generous and quite tasty food and drink. They also had two computers available and people seemed to share them quite well. A very nice buffet breakfast was included in the club floor upgrade. I wish all Hiltons were this great!! I wish I had more occasion to visit Madrid. This was truly one of the best hotel experiences ever.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! I totally agree with you that Hilton Madrid Airport contemporary unique design only can be appreciate once you step in! I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

If by any chance you come back in summer time do not miss out our open air hydrotherapeutic pool and relaxation area.

I hope to welcome you back soon at Hilton Madrid Airport!

Général Manager