“Best Madrid Airport Hotel”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #82 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Simply put, the hotel is extremely hi-tech, modern and comfortable. Thus, the reason for an overall 5 star rating. If you are driving, you can park securely underneath the hotel. (Unfortunately, Hertz Neverlost GPS can't seem to find its own return location and sends you to a warehouse, but that's a story for a different time!) The staff is courteous and the hotel meets Hilton's high expectations. Two drawbacks have been mentioned by previous reviewers: no in-room free Wi-Fi, unless you are a Hilton Honors top dog (I'm Hilton Honors, but of the lower socioeconomic variety, I guess!!). The second is that you are a bit of a hike from another restaurant, so you most likely will bite the bullet and pay for high-priced menu items. We did, and paid a lot, but the food was delicious! All in all, I would definitely recommend staying at the HIlton, especially if you are flying out the next day, or have just arrived in a jet-lagged stupor!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank THOMAS H
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

First of all, I am sorry to hear you found some points to improve. I can assure you that we will take in consideration your comments as this is a good opportunity for us to improve and become better every day.

On the other hand, I am glad to know you had an excellent stay to the Hilton Madrid Airport and we have met your expectations.

I look forward welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Francisco González
Rooms Division Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Madrid Airport

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We arrived late at airport and luckily got last free shuttle to hotel that comes by at 12:45am. Hotel is next to airport complex and only takes 5 minutes from terminal 1. It is out of the way and tucked away in a commercial area near freeway, but rooms are well insulated from any noise. Check in was easy and HH Gold gets you a room on executive floor or above with the free wifi. Room was large and modern. They do have glass sliding bathroom doors so middle of the night bathroom needs may wake up any room mates. They have a free shuttle to city central a couple of times in the morning but you need to make sure you have your name on the list. If you take the metro green line back to hotel (last stop osuna) walk up stairs and turn left to follow street to bridge over freeway. For us it was a hot 15 minute walk and very inconvenient. If I knew I would have taken taxi from one of the other stops. I would also eat dinner someplace else since the hotel is out of the way and not easy to walk to local mall or restaurants. Option is taxi to eat. Hotel is perfect for traveler who needs to stay close to airport.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John R
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

Our Hotel Shuttle passes by all terminals at Barajas airport every 25 minutes, stopping at the Hotel Bus Stop in front of gate 5 (arrivals) for terminal 1, the Hotel Bus Stop in front of gate 2 (arrivals) for terminal 2 & 3, and the Parking Bus Area located outside the 1st floor for terminal 4.

Indeed our Shuttle Service takes a one way journey to the city centre in the mornings at: 9:15, 11:15 and 12:15 upon availability and reservation. In any case, the metro station Alameda de Osuna is only 10 minutes walking distance as you say, and will take you straight to Gran Via.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

First, the staff here is extremely professional and helpful, and I was very grateful for that. However, I had planned to stay a few nights to recover from jetlag from my transcon journey until I found out that internet is not free in the rooms, even for Hilton Honors Silver. I do all my work online so that is simply unacceptable for a business hotel (and this is very much a business/conference hotel in addition to being an airport sleepover spot). I called to mention this to the desk and they did not offer to provide internet gratis (most hotels these days will give you a code if you tell them how inconvenient/backward paying for internet is in 2014). Thus, I checked out to move to a Starwood where I am Platinum and can have all the internet I want.

Other notes: the rooms are great, very clean and modern. The bar area is a bit small for such a big hotel but the service is friendly and food was okay. The spa/fitness area is surprisingly nice.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Veronica S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your informative review.

I am pleased to see that you had a great stay and loved the modern room décor. Each of our 284 rooms has a unique bedside board painting showcasing the Architect´s journeys throughout the globe.

I am sorry to hear that internet service was not communicated properly. Indeed, we do offer complimentary Wifi in all public areas and there is change for in-room Wifi per day.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Second stay here. Can't fault the hotel but what annoys me is being asked to pay for wifi in the room. It's not cheap and I grudge it for only an hour. There is free wifi in public areas but when you are travelling ànd short of time it's not ideal

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 19Graham68

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback regarding your stay.

I am truly sorry to hear that you felt mislead regarding our WiFi services. Indeed, we do offer complimentary WiFi to all of our guests in all public areas which includes, the lobby, our food outlet areas and reception.

I am glad that in our aspects of your stay, we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

In short, absolutely brilliant stay...

- Massive king size bed
- Large variety at buffet breakfast
- Immaculately clean
- Need a shuttle to the T3 at Madrid Barajas but I got my transfer included with my hotel booker. - In-room bar is quite pricey but what do you expect for such a quality establishment!

***Would recommend to all***

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your stay.

I am pleased to hear that our Hotel was to your expectations and that you appreciated our proximity to Barajas International airport. Did you manage to make the most of our complimentary shuttle service which runs between the Hotel and the airport terminals?

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We usually stay at an airport hotel on our way out of a country so that it is not a mad dash to catch a flight. I was disappointed when I found out that internet was 20 euros per day. In this day and time (and by the way through out Spain and Portugal) we had FREE in room internet in all cases except the Hilton. The web site stated that there was free Internet what it did not make clear is that it was in the common area in the lobby. This is misleading.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Larry S
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our trip to Spain last fall. Normally, I write my reviews as soon as we return. But, stuff happens. Anyway, despite the fact that Hilton chose to call this their Madrid Airport Hilton, it is several miles from the airport. It is NOT within walking distance and we had to take a taxi. both ways. The staff is very pleasant to deal with and, even though we were there for only two days, they were always courteous. We had access to the executive lounge which was never staffed with a staff person. However, right on time, every day, a few platters of fruit and a few other things were put out. Getting a drink was complicated. Sometimes the refrigerator was full and sometimes empty. They always had soda and water though. For food, we did have breakfast and it was very good. Cooked to order and made just right.

The rooms---This is a point my wife slightly disagree on. The room is mostly clear glass - polished glass. The bathroom is nearly entirely plate glass, including the sink, shower, tub, towel racks, except for the toilet. Extremely modern and my wife loved it. I, on the other hand, found it difficult to use, since we need the room dark to sleep well. The problem is that, even leaving the bathroom door open at night, you take your chances getting up quietly to use the toilet to not disturb your partner. I constantly bumped into things and, in the dark, you can not see anything in the bathroom. I had to close the door and then turn on a light so not to disturb my wife. I managed to do it but not with a few bumps and bruises. So, AT 0200AM, I turned on the softest light I could find and closed the door to the bathroom. Enough light got through the bottom of the door that I was able to find it for my 5AM trip. All in all, Unless you are staying in Madrid for your entire vacation, I'd only use this hotel for 1 night due to early or late departures from Madrid airport. Also, the variety of snacks and drinks in the executive lounge leaves much to be desired.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room first and if you don't like it, ask for a different room. When we checke...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share with us your extensive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that our proximity to the Barajas-Madrid Airport was not to your expectations. We do offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all terminals as of 5:00am until 12:45am every 20 minutes.

I am, however, incredibly glad to see that our staff were courteous and professional, as we try to constantly provide the world-class service which Hilton is internationally known for.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport anew and hope to exceed your previous experience!

Kind regards,