“Good Hotel, Not Good Location”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #80 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Hilton Airport is a wonderful hotel. The room is spacious, clean and modern looking. The linens are comfortable and well maintained. This is an airport hotel but I never once heard a plane. The internet connection is solid and reliable good enough to stream video. The black out curtains are very good and sleeping is comfortable. The worst things about this hotel are the location and the shuttle. It took us almost an hour from the time we collected our luggage until we arrived at the hotel that is a scant 5 minute drive from the terminal. They run one shuttle and don't do it very efficiently. The other problem is that it is nowhere near anything. The nearest metro is half a kilometer and hard to walk to. There are no restaurants close by of any quality. This is a good spot to wait for a flight tomorrow but not a place to see Madrid from.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, Front Office Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share with us and fellow travellers your experience at Hilton Madrid Airport.

I am sorry to hear that our shuttle service was not to your expectations. In regards to our location, within proximity of the Hotel is Alameda de Osuna, where you can find the metro station (line 5) which provides a direct line to Gran Vía. Available within the area of Alameda de Osuna at only 10 minutes walking distance are local restaurants, bars and cafes.

Plenilunio shopping centre, at only 20 minutes walking distance from the Hotel, also houses various restaurants, cafés, shops and entertainments.

I am however, pleased to hear that the decór of the Hotel was to your expectations and that you had the well deserved sleep you required!

I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Warm regards,

Francisco Gonzalez
Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,186)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Beautiful hotel with fabulous accommodations. Our room was beyond belief in appearance and comfort. The Executive Lounge was one of the best with all kinds of beverages and snacks. It was pristine in appearance, and had two on-line computers. Very comfortable seating and cushions.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonMadridAirport, Front Office Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you had a brilliant stay and that you really admired the design of our property, it is truly a compliment to the architect!

Indeed our Executive Lounge is available on our executive floor, open from 6:00am until 8:00pm, where you can find fresh snacks and canapés available throughout the day, with two special designated hours for Breakfast and Cocktails.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future!

Best Regards,

Francisco Gonzalez

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I spent the night at this airport after flying to Madrid from Atlanta, Georgia. The shuttle was very convenient from the airport. The staff was very nice and helpful. We paid extra to be admitted to our room at 9:00am, but certainly worth it, since we were very jet lagged. Room was small, but efficient and we had time to rest before meeting friends. The next morning, before checking out, we took the shuttle back to the airport to pick up rental car, then picked up luggage and checked out. The location was great.

Room Tip: if you are jetlagged, pay the extra to get in room when you arrive from airport. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your opinion as a good way to improve our guest's experience, thank you.

I am particularly glad to hear you found our team members nice and helpful. They are always available to provide an excellent service, for that reason, I am happy to read your positive feedback.

Our commitment is to provide the best service and all the equipment in perfect order, so that it is an honour to know we achieved our goal and we were able to met your expectations.

I look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

After an extended stay all over Spain and Italy, we departed for the USA from Madrid. We thought a good idea would be to stay at Hilton Madrid Airport because of their quick shuttle service to the airport (leaves every 20 minutes). Checking into the Hilton they picked up their 1st demerit. We had booked "Superior Rooms" which sounds nice. I say to the clerk, "What's the Wi-Fi password for my room?" He says, (the staffs English was very good at the Hilton), "There is NO free Wi-Fi in your room". I glance around this ultra modern glass and chrome palace and say, "No free Wi-Fi?" Clerk says, "Free Wi-Fi only in the lobby," and gives me a small smile. I'm thinking, but don't say it out loud, "Geez, Hotel 6's have free Wi-Fi in their rooms." I think, no problem, I can elevator down to the lobby, if I need to email someone or check a ball score.
We decide to have a drink in their ultra modern bar. The cocktail tablets are so low and the space age chairs are so close to to the ground, its like crawling into a Corvette. Any lower and the chairs would have to be pillows on the floor. We order drinks without checking prices and wow, when the bill comes, the drinks are all 12-15€ each. OK, pricey place, let's check out the restaurant menu. Real pricey. Maybe we should check out restaurants nearby. Back to the desk I go and ask, "Any restaurants nearby?" Clerk says, "No restaurants nearby, you would have to go back downtown". I say, "How much is the taxi back downtown?" He says, "25€ each way or you could take the subway, which is a 10 minute walk from here. I don't suggest taking the subway back here, you better take a taxi." Downtown Madrid is beautiful, restaurants, bars and outdoor cafe's by the score in every alley way and around all their plazas. But we're to tired for the round trip. So, they had us captured here at the Hilton.
We decide to check the rooms out . Cool see thru glass elevators take us to our room. The room is ultra modern, not really my thing. Glass bathroom, including the walls. I tried the hand sprayer in the tube. The water blew out the nozzle but also out of the handle, all over me and my clothes. That was demerit No.2.
Dinner was very expensive. The food was fine but, for the price, it should have been more special.
Breakfast was not included, where do you think you are, Howard Johnson? Continental breakfast was 15€ and a full breakfast was 29€ per person. Demerit No.3
Our bill, the room was prepaid, for the drinks, dinner and breakfast, the hotel calls supplementary charges, was over $300.
The reason we booked this hotel was their quick access to the airport and that shuttle ride that comes every 20 minutes. We were flying US Airways and our friends where flying American Airlines, basically the same merged company. The Hilton shuttle driver has a flip chart with the airlines names and what terminal they use. We get dropped at terminal No.1, I saw the name US Airways on the drivers chart reading terminal No.1, and everyone else heads to terminal No.4. I was concerned immediately because no one got off with us. Inside terminal No.1, no US Air check in. No information booth. Panic starts to creep in. After much scurrying around, we find a small US Air gate, no personnel of course, Scotch taped to the gate desk is a tiny 5-7 inch note that says, US Airway now in Terminal No.4. Where is terminal No.4? Walking distance I hope. We look up and see a sign, "Green bus to terminal No.4". We grab the green bus and ride. And ride. And ride. We are back on the highway. It's miles to terminal No.4.

That was demerit number 4. We made our flight, barely. Ulcer flaring, we rejoined our friends.

My suggestion. Stay downtown in Madrid. Take a taxi to the airport from downtown. Enjoy beautiful Madrid, as long as you can.

Room Tip: Rooms higher than the 3rd floor may be better.
1  Thank gchalms1
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

I am truly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest.

However, we appreciate your feedback and we will take in consideration your comments as this is a good opportunity for us to improve and become better every day. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we offer free internet service to all our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honnors members as one of their benefits. If you are already member you will upgrade your status adding nights to your account, if not I really invite you to become a member and to start getting points. You will find more information in our web.

I truly hope that despite your disappointed on this occasion, we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport and is ideal for those with connecting flights through Madrid. The complimentary bus service to and from the airport makes airport transfers easy - you just need to know which terminal you are flying from! The hotel is modern and clean and the service is very good. Fully recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton during your recent visit to Madrid. I am happy to hear your positive feedback regarding your stay with us.

It is particularly pleasant to hear you found our airport shuttle convenient. Our commitment is to provide the best service to all our guests, for that reason, I am happy to know we achieved our goal.

I am also glad to read you had an overall great experience and you would continue choosing us. I truly hope welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We only stayed at the hotel one night before we flew out of Madrid, but the few hours we spent there were comfortable and the service given to us was great. After a day of traveling by train, it was nice to spend some time in the rooftop pool. The dinner in the restaurant was good. It would have been nice to have had complimentary wireless internet in the rooms rather than just in the public areas though.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate your opinion as a good way to become better.

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we offer free internet service to all our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honnors members as one of their benefits. If you are already member you will upgrade your status adding nights to your account. If not I really invite you to become a member and to start getting points. You will find more information in our web.

On the other hand, I am glad to know you found the Hilton Madrid Airport comfortable and you had a great impression of the service provided. Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For that reason, I cannot thank you enough for your positive feedback.

I hope welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Room was clean and staff was courteous and helpful.The only thing do not understand why could not the meal be charged to the Honors program?Otherwise everything was perfect!Location was also very convent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

It is particularly pleasant to receive such a positive feedback regarding our team members. They are always available to provide excellent service and we can see that we have met your expectations.

Our commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For that reason, I cannot thank you enough for your positive feedback, which I have immediately shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to Hilton Madrid Airport.