Hilton Madrid Airport
Catalonia Las Cortes(Madrid)
$246
$235
  • Restaurant
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$158
  • Pool
$204
Only YOU Hotels
3,327 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemadrid airportdiamond memberfree shuttleconvenient shuttleshuttle servicean early morning flightbetween flightscity centremodern hotelbreakfast buffet ismetro stationtapastaxispaineurosgym
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here twice, once in November, then again in December, I chose this hotel for its close proximity to AP , but also had several days to explore Madrid. The location is not appealing, but close to Airport, with free airport shuttle this is a great place to do an overnight. taxi to town is affordable and fast. A hotel shuttle has scheduled departures into town as well, but most likely you will have to take taxi back. Staff is very forthcoming and attentive. Rooms are art nouveau, to my best recollection the level I stayed was Presidential floor. The Club level lounge is mediocre. I have to remind myself that as a spoiled Middle East expat I can't have same expectations as back in UAE. Not worth mentioning, just good for a quick vino. Breakfast was substandard in my opinion. Quite tasteless and just below average. I highly recommend this hotel or doing an overnight. Even for several days in Madrid this worked quite well for me. Very comfy beds too. Very recommendable and compared to what you would pay in town, this is actually worth the short cab drive to town , just try to eat in town, not here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Heidi S
HiltonMadridAirport, Front Office Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

I am disappointed to hear that our Breakfast buffet was below average, I have immediately passed your comments on to our F&B department. I am sure that on your next visit we can surpass this experience.

We do provide a complimentary shuttle service to the city centre in the mornings at : 9:50, 11:15 and 12:15 upon reservation and availability. In any case, Alameda de Osuna metro station is within 10 minutes walking distance and can get you to Gran Via within 20 minutes.

I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed it here, we were greeted very politely and the receptionist was very informative. Very nice swimming pool, beautiful rooms and the free shuttle is fantastic to and from the airport and get a metro from the airport so that was brilliant. We do not eat hear we took food back from the shops which was about 5 mins from the hotel so I can't comment on that. But I really enjoyed madrid and was easy to get around on the metro

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Front Office Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback regarding your stay.

I am pleased to see that you had a really enjoyable stay and that you were treated to the true Hilton experience.

Indeed we do provide a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport every 20/25 minutes as of 5:00am until Midnight.

I am glad you got to relax in our swimming pool in the Fitness Area. This area is open to all guests from 8:00am until 10:00pm, where you can find our swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym with personal trainers available to help you.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I don't think there is any hotel that I've been in since 2002 that has left as bad a taste in my mouth as this one. My experience at this hotel was so bad that I'm seriously considering removing myself from the Hilton Diamond membership.
The staff is good, there is no question about that. They speak good English but they apparently run blind and completely unable to solve some of the even most basic problems that arise. Attempts to contact management was useless. Twelve times I requested it, and twelve times I was denied.
One of them told me it's because the General Manager was apparently resigning during my stay, and a new one was coming aboard, because of that, I can neither speak to the outgoing one nor the incoming one. If that was even true, I don't know, but it definitely made no difference to the negative levels of service I experienced.
At this hotel, being a diamond member means being downgraded - not upgraded. It was sad to see the "best available" rooms being reserved for others, despite space being available at the hotel.
Seriously, what kind of a luxury hotel does that ?
I feel that the Hilton Madrid Barajas is not a hotel. It feels more like a conference center with rooms people can sleep in, that's how I would describe it.
The executive lounge closes at 8 pm. What that means is after 8 pm there isn't a single quiet place in the hotel to hold a meeting, get any work done, or similar. It's doubly worse if there's a conference going on, because everyone will congregate in the lounge, leaving no space for individuals.
The internet didn't work either, and sadly the staff did try to help me fix it, to no avail. Till the day I left no one could tell me what the problem was, All they could do was try to talk to their ISP which was a futile exercise. I do give Adrian and Veronica the full credit for trying though.
I also want to give a thank you to the restaurant staff, who were gracious enough to give us seats inside a crowded restaurant when a group of very drunken men started having a party in the lobby, singing so loudly you couldn't hear anyone talk in front of you.
This experience and many many others at this hotel have left me doubting the future of my relationship with hilton. I don't intend to spend more of our company's dollars a year on a chain with so little regard for its top tier members.
A special thank you goes out to members of the staff Adrian and Veronica for all their attempts to help me with what little resources they had available to them. Adrian is the kind of person whose service stops you from going insane with all the craziness at this hotel going on. I hope they hire more people like him.
Apart from that, I hope things at this hotel change for the better.
I definitely won't be going back in the meantime.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outer corners will receive sunlight.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NightWhispers
HiltonMadridAirport, PA to General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your extensive and valuable feedback.

I am truly sorry to hear that you were not treated to the genuine Hilton experience on this occasion and that you felt let down by the standard of benefits offered to you as a Diamond Hhonors member. Indeed you did experience issues with the internet service in your room and we have had our IT manager investigate the status of the WiFi in order to avoid this problem again in the future.

Thank you very much for your appreciation of our Front Office service.

We would be most grateful if you could give us the chance to change the negative impression you were left with. Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next visit to Madrid and I will ensure you have a fantastic stay.

I hope that I can personally welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport on your next stay.

Best Regards,

Marta Sanz
PA to General Manager
marta.sanz@hilton.com

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Perfect airport hotel for an overnight stop in Madrid. A free transfer van collects passengers every 20-25 mins from right outside the terminal & takes you to the hotel. Check in very efficient & the rooms very very modern & comfortable. Next morning transfer shuttle takes you back to airport. Could not be easier.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Front Office Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing such positive feedback with us and fellow travellers.

I am extremely pleased to see that we made your overnight stay effortless and that you were able to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

We do indeed have a complimentary shuttle service which goes to and from Barajas-Madrid Airport every 25 minutes, as of 5:00am (for our early-risers) until Midnight. In any case, we always try to accommodate for our guests flying in the early hours of morning by providing some small refreshments before you set off.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference at the hotel. The conference facilities were not great - very long narrow room. The staff did not seem that organised at sorting basic conference issues out - mics provided late with all speakers at the front so no one at the back could hear etc. Would not recommend to this regard.

Internet was 20 euro a day! Phenomenal. The hotel also neglected to tell any of us at check in that our company had a free internet code to use throughout the conference. So they must have had at least 20 people in our party spend an extra 20eur on internet which was not required. I thought this was really bad form and poor service.

Room was average - incredibly smokey and had a general unpleasant smell which a number of our colleagues experienced. The lighting system was bonkers resulting in a bunch of people keeping the lights on all night to ensure their plug sockets kept power. You can switch off the lights and keep sockets on (if you go round each light one by one and all switches are next to the light - master switch also cuts the plug power).

The taxi drivers didn't seem to have a clue where the hotel was - I did three loops before getting there and was not alone in this problem.

If you want to be near the airport this is ok but I would not recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kricho
HiltonMadridAirport, Business Development Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us regarding your experience.

I am truly sorry to hear that our conference facilities were not to your expectations and that there was an issue regarding the microphones. Indeed the free internet access should have been communicated to your group more efficiently so that you all could have benefited from it. Your feedback has been taken into account and it helps us improve not just in regards to business events but also guest experience.

In regards to the rooms, I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping department as to improve the level of cleaning and to avoid this problem from reoccurring.

Best regards,