“Delivers what you expect” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #74 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
London, United Kingdom
“Delivers what you expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel does what you expect it to, caters for business travelers and meets expectations.
Good value, staff helpful, breakfast and wifi are adequate, but rooms are over stylized and a bit hard & cold for my taste.
No real complaints but I booked this last minute and would find somewhere with a little more character in town next time.

Room Tip: In the second building away from reception as it's quieter.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us!

I am sorry to hear that the room design has not been of your taste. The hotel has a really contemporanean and minimalist design.

Despite I hope you enjoyed your stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was at a conference at the Auditorium where everyone was complaining about the "cell block" style hotel room. This Hilton is new and beautiful, one of the better Hiltons I have stayed at recently. Only downside is you are 25 minutes by taxi to downtown Madrid and their is nothing to walk to close to hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you vey much for your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you liked the hotel design and facilites!

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Madrid maybe with a bit more of time to enjoy our leisure facilities.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Lovely room with amenities and beautiful bathroom. WiFi is 20Euros/day. How do they justify this? I resent being gouged for what less expensive hotels provide at no added cost. Hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to the airport and downtown. They dropped me off at Atocha train station.

2 Thank RMCMD
Thank you for sharing your comments with us!

I am glad to know that you took advantage of our complimentary airport and city shuttle.

In regards to your comment on the internet cost, unfortunately this commodity can not be granted free of charge. All our hotels in E&A are associated with the same providers which provide an advanced internet technology in a safe environment. The cost of the connection is certainly an issue which had been raised by several guests and had been considered at Corporate level that is why Hilton Hotels do offer Complimentary WIFI access in Public Areas.

Looking forward to welcome you soon to Hilton Madrid Airport!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a very nice airport hotel. We checked in pretty late in the evening (11pm) and there was quite a queue to see just one person working and nobody available to help with luggage. To me it didn't matter because I always decline the help anyway, but this was the first 5 star hotel that didn't offer help with luggage.

The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. I was also pleased to notice that they had English language TV channels beyond the usual BBC World News and CNN available. BBC1, BBC2 and ITV1 were showing.

The guy at reception was a joy to deal with so full marks to him. Because we had a late afternoon flight the next day, he offered a late check-out, which was nice. The late check-out arrangement was not communicated to the cleaning staff though, but that's fine. The shower was nice, water temperature varied a little bit during the shower but the shower head was big and there was also a separate bath for those who prefer that.

The hotel was well priced and in a good location. If it was a 4 star hotel I'd give it full marks, but I'll dock one point because I expect a little bit more from a 5 star establishment.

I'd definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanl you very much for taking the time to write us a review!

I am glad that your enoyed you stay with and that the late check out was convinient!

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Madrid maybe next time with a longer stay in order to get to see the city!
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for many years now and have always enjoyed it. It is very fresh, modern and staff is superior. For the first time I decided to try the suite and it was worth the try: two bathrooms, living room, huge bedroom with two closets.
Front desk staff always welcomes me back. The breakfast is to die for, full of Spanish foods. I have stayed two times at the excecutive level and I still think that it is not that good, staff is welcoming there but every time we visit it, we are out of it in a few minutes, not worht paying for if you chose the breakfast rate. The kids just love the pool and the children's play room.
It is my favorite hotel in Madrid and I recommend it highly. Once thing to improve is the shuttle, it drove by the terminal as I was getting out and was not able to catch it. Maybe it should stop and wait a few minutes?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for such a good review!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed, once again your stay with us.
I have convey your compliments to Chef regarding breakfast! He feels really proud as his team and himself are continuously working to maintain and exceed standards of quality and offering a spanish touch.

Thank you for your feedback on the shuttle, we have recently trained our drivers to avoid similar situations in the future.

I hope to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport!
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is only a few minutes drive from Madrid Barajas airport on the free shuttle bus. The hotel itself is a good example of a Hilton property. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The hotel food on offer is varied and good quality. We had the room service and was good. The breakfast also excellent quality.

We'd flown from China and were ready for a good sleep and thankfully this was perfect!

Highly recommendable if you need to stay in Madrid. They also offered a free shuttle bus to Atocha train station in the centre of Madrid.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank matthew h
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice feedback!

I am glad that yuo enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel location was convenient for you.

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Seville, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had an early flight from Madrid and found a good deal at the Hilton Madrid Airport, so I didn't hesitate on taking it. I was received with a glass of champagne and excellent treatment at the front desk. The room I got was clean and spacious, and since I arrived in the afternoon, I ordered dinner from room service. I ordered the "solomillo" (tenderloin), which was truly excellent.
I slept like a baby.. the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were all in different sizes so I could choose the one with the perfect size for me. I didn't hear a thing from the outside, not even the planes.

The breakfast was wonderful, nothing outside your typical hotel breakfast buffet, but it was very good. After my breakfast I took the free shuttle bus to the airport, which was right on time, and the driver was very friendly.

The only downsides were that you have to pay for the Wifi and that the floor heating was way too hot. I couldn't even go barefoot on the floor in the bathroom. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. I could have called, but I only stayed for one night.

Despite these two downsides, I would not doubt a second to stay again at this hotel the next time I'm flying in or out from Barajas Airport. It really made me have an excellent start of my vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cocopianet
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel room and facilities!

I will let our Chief Engineer know about the floor heater in order to better control the temperature.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport.