“Perfect to start or end your vacation in a luxurious way”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #88 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had an early flight from Madrid and found a good deal at the Hilton Madrid Airport, so I didn't hesitate on taking it. I was received with a glass of champagne and excellent treatment at the front desk. The room I got was clean and spacious, and since I arrived in the afternoon, I ordered dinner from room service. I ordered the "solomillo" (tenderloin), which was truly excellent.
I slept like a baby.. the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were all in different sizes so I could choose the one with the perfect size for me. I didn't hear a thing from the outside, not even the planes.

The breakfast was wonderful, nothing outside your typical hotel breakfast buffet, but it was very good. After my breakfast I took the free shuttle bus to the airport, which was right on time, and the driver was very friendly.

The only downsides were that you have to pay for the Wifi and that the floor heating was way too hot. I couldn't even go barefoot on the floor in the bathroom. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. I could have called, but I only stayed for one night.

Despite these two downsides, I would not doubt a second to stay again at this hotel the next time I'm flying in or out from Barajas Airport. It really made me have an excellent start of my vacation!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sylvia S
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel room and facilities!

I will let our Chief Engineer know about the floor heater in order to better control the temperature.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,227)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton in Madrid twice both on 2 to three day business trips, it has a very useful free bus service from the Airport to the hotel , in a clearly marked bus with Hilton branding outside the terminal, you basically head straight out of the terminal and turn left. No one on my first trip knew it was there apparently including information services . The check in experience is good , swift, a system of just signing the form , no requests for three signatures, and your life history. Rooms very modern and also quiet from external noise but not so much internal noise, i had a noisy neighbour and it took several requests to shut him up. Couple of dislikes in the room , the TV channels for BBC don;t work except for BBC World, the lights switches are so many and recessed into dark wood panels they are very difficult to find, and seem to switch lights on all over the place , and it takes ages to make the room dark. Finally it has a super trendy see through sink that is very good to look , but is so see through and shiny you cant put anything on it ,and is also although you cant see this because it is so clear stood off from the wall so anything you put on the counter thinking its the wall/sink junction, falls down the back of the sink. Not so useful, however great shower and great bed too.

Service is ok here , room service I called three times and actually gave up , no one answered , i didn't really want to eat in the bar but arrived late , and was hungry , so went down to the bar as no room service answered, and a similar experience when I called down to reception to get documents printed, no answer at all, went down , two people on duty , just didn't answer ! Food OK , breakfast fine , one point coffee is awful ask for a Cappucino or Latte to be made for you , the standard coffee is cold and rank . Unusual in spain . Checkout experience OK. One note once you are at this hotel , you are stuck there , there is no where to walk and nothing to go to , taxi or drive only as by two Motorways. 15- 25 minute ride to city centre.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by lifts , it has a lot of floor and the lifts are in constant use
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your comment!

I am glad to hear that the complimentary airport shuttle was of your convinience and that you enjoyed the room design and facilities.

I have foward your comments on the room service to our Food & Beverage manager in order to verify what happened exactly the day of your stay. I would much appreciate if you could contact me personally in order to get more details.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon to Hilton Madrid Airport.

gm.madridairport@hilton.com

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A regular in this Hilton, it's modern and spacious. The shuttle to and from the airport is great and is quick and well organised. The staff is great. Room service quick and efficient. Breakfast is excellent, with a large selection of Spanish and international choices. The rooms are quiet, modernly decorated, everything is spotless clean. The pool is a great addition. The only downside is the distance from the city center, but I guess its location is chosen for business travellers. Anyway, I would go there anytime, the sooner the better!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Calinnn2007
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us!

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and services and that the complimentary shuttle service to and from all Airport terminals was of your convenience.

I have shared your comments with all the team and we all are looking forward to welcome you again to Hilton Madrid Aiprort!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you need a place to stay near the airport in Madrid, the Hilton -- hands down -- is absolutely the best choice. The handy, free shuttle service, the exceptional front desk experience, great rooms, wonderful spa, great breakfast -- all set this property head and shoulders above other MAD airport properties. Of special note is the team working the reception desk, who are organized, prompt, friendly and efficient. If you need a day to get over jet-lag or want to arrive for a stress-free departure, stay at the MAD Hilton.

Room Tip: Some corner rooms have jetted tubs, but all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing with us such a nice comment on your stay with us. We are really proud to have exceeded yours and Clarence expectations.

Hendrick and I as our entire team are always at the guest disposal; your feedback is a great motivating factor.

We are looking forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel, stylishly designed and executed, beautiful marble everywhere, loved it. Lovely food, breakfast fit for a king (always very important to me!) And the executive lounge is a nice retreat to enjoy a few drinks.

But seriously...this hotel is hemmed in by two motorways and is truly IMPOSSIBLE to walk anywhere, in particular either of the local Metro stations. We were literally 50metres from the hotel but had to spend €6 in a taxi just to get across the motorway. This factor is enough to not come again.

A few niggles like not being able to get the room the right temperature, the stream room being useless, water dripping down the wall of the gents toilet in the gym, breakfast waitresses not attentive enough... But the nice ness of the building enables it to be 4 star...I hovered over a three!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank OrgasmicCry
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a comment.

I am trully sorry to hear that the hotel location was not of your convenience. Nevertheless different alternatives take you in approximatly 20 minutes to the city centre.

I have forwarded your feedback on the fitness centre to our Chief Engineer who is taking special care of fixing the issues.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

In 2009 we had a fabulous experience at the Copenhagen Airport Hilton and read good reviews for the Hilton Madrid Airport- so booked with confidence. Our room stated "quiet room, wifi and satellite tv"

What a disappointment from start to finish. Upon check in we were asked if we wanted to book breakfast to the tune of 20 Euros per person (typical of Europe) and if we waited until morning to buy breakfast it would be 26 Euros. I really don't like to book in advance, sight unseen but bought one breakfast for my son and decided to do ala carte for myself.

No one asked us if we needed help with our 4 bags. Hello- this is a five star hotel? Our room was in a separate part of the building a long spooky walk from the front desk. You have to use your room key to operate the elevator- which my son figured out. The hallway was dark and spooky and it was hard to read the room numbers. Our room 635 was right in front of the elevator but we walked right by it.

The room had a narrow entrance and there was no where to unpack our bags other than the floor. This is not what I would expect of a Hilton. The floors are made of Prego style wood and were cold due to the draft from the balcony door and no heat on in the room. They should have someone take you to the room to show you how to use the heat and lighting.

There was so much lighting it was ridiculous and all of it was horrible. The lighting is harsh and white- reminding me of the old police interrogation lighting. There was only one nightstand to the left of the bed and only one lamp by the bed. The other lighting was a florescent strip over the bed which was horrible for reading. Swing and miss on lighting.

The beds were low Scandanavian type beds and I'm not fond of these, which is why I booked an American chain hotel like Hilton. In fact at the Copenhagen Hilton we loved having the higher American style beds with lots of comfy pillows. So I was disappointed with the beds.

The bathroom takes up about half of the floor space and is a waste of space. There is a bidet, which I could have done without. A separate toilet but I couldn't find the lightswitch for that. I didn't like that the bathroom opens up to the bedroom and makes for a lack of privacy. The sink was pretty but there was zero counterspace for toiletries. There were no towel rods- so no place to hang them up after showering.

Our room (635)was not quiet- there was constant traffic noise. There was a draft through the balcony doors and no heat on in the room. I had to call the front desk for directions on the heat. Had someone followed us to the room (like they should have)- then I could have complained then about the room- the draft, noise and heat. I did complain in the morning.

The food prices were outrageous but I knew from my prior experience at Hilton that the prices for room service and breakfast are steep. Buffet breakfast is 20 Euros if paid in advance and 26 if you pay as you go. Room service items were 18 Euros for a Club Sandwich (very tasty though) and 23 Euros for a pizza (which was horrible).

The wifi in the rooms is 7 Euros per hour or 20 Euros for 24 hours. They claim wifi is free in the lobby but we weren't able to access it. The tv has a couple of news channels in English and pay movies are over 15 Euros.

We did complain about the draft and noise and they gave us one free breakfast (20 Euros)- I really don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rhowell1965

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am trully sorry to hear that we failled to provide you with service we are reknown to.

I have discussed the issues raised with the management team and corrective actions are taken in order to avoid similar sitituations in the future.

I invite you to contact me directly in your next visit to Madrid and I will personally ensure that you have a memorable stay.

gm.madridairport@hilton.com

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is great for a layover. If you want to use it as a base to see Madrid too far. 15 minute walk to metro and 1/2 hour metro ride to get to city center. 20+ Euro for a taxi and for a family of 5 that meant two taxis. The hotel itself is great. Wonderful buffet breakfast each morning. The pool changes colors at night and has a bench in middle with jets. My 10 year old loved it. Also had a sauna and steamroom which is great after a long flight. The staff all spoke English and were very helpful. If you need tickets to a Real Madrid Futbol game they can help you. The rooms were modern and spacious. If this hotel was in the middle of Madrid it would be perfect. Being so far away, however, was a real drawback. Also, the rooms were a bit hot at night and no way to control it but that might have something to do with it being in the 30s Farenheit.

Room Tip: Executive floor gives you access to Executive lounge that has drinks and food all day long
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed the relaxation facilities. The hydrotherapeutic pool is the perfect place to be after a long flight.

Did you benefit of our complimentary shuttle drop of service to the city centre? The shuttle runs three times a day in the mornings and drop you minutes walk from Cibeles and Serrano Shopping area.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport.