“Nice hotel”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #79 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel - it's clean, has great wine and food. The rooms are fantastic and if you are on the Exec floor the Exec lounge is fab. The hotel is more set up for business but if you are looking for a nice up to date hotel near the Airport then this Hotel will be for you. There is a free shuttle bus to and from the hotel which is handy.

The only downside is the location as it sits outside the main area and the metro is a 10 minute walk through a not so nice area and then 20 minutes in to Central.

• Stayed: May 2012
HiltonMadridAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us.

I am proud that you enjoyed the rooms, food and facilities. We are aware about the location nevertheless the hotel offers a complementary shuttle service to downtown. It runs 3 times per day in the morning usually at 9:50, 11:15, and 12:15. It drops you in the city centre next to Alcala Street. The only thing, it doesn’t bring you back to the hotel and you have to book it the same day you want to take it. This service is really convenient if you don´t want to walk to the metro station. if you are planning to come back and stay with us I suggest you to use the relaxation area it is such as lovely place to relax and keep yourself fit.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Hotel Manager.
gm.madridairport@hilton.com

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here on my final vacation day/night of my trip, before returning to the US. I had spent the previous 6 days in Barcelona and flew into the airport. There was shuttle service, but it was not well labelled to call or wait. I called and found out the van comes every 20 minutes or so.
The hotel was nice. As a diamond elite, I was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite with access to free wifi and the club lounge.
The room was very nice and modern - at the end of the hallway and not a lot of street noise.
I walked into the nearby town (about 10-15 minutes walk) and took the subway into the city center to explore with the short time I had.
When I returned, I grabbed some snacks in the club lounge (not well staffed and the food disappeared quickly); and retired for the night. The morning breakfast in the main restaurant was ok. My only disappointment was tracking down a waiter to get coffee. Nice food offerings.
I was able to sign up for a shuttle back to the airport and it was on-time.
Overall: Great property, great stay. I think I paid a little less than 100 euro pre-paid rate for a Saturday night, so I would recommend on value, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bk_t1
HiltonMadridAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hilton Madrid Airport with us.

How was your Flight back to US? I hope everything went well. It is always a pleasure for us to welcome Diamond members to the hotel. The Shuttle stop is not labelled due to the Airport policies, hotels cannot put it logos on it. Usually the executive lounge is full of guests having snacks that’s why we run out snacks quickly. We are studying the possibility to refill the snacks more often. Sorry about the inconvenient caused with the waiter getting the coffee, we have had a really busy week with high occupancy anyways I have forwarded your comment to the F&B manager. I invite you to contact my directly for more details about this situation.

Looking forwarded to welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport for new and unforgettable experiences.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from a short weekend and big family get together in Madrid. Chose this hotel to minimise travel to/from the airport and the hotel shuttle service to the City on and of course the Buffet Breakfast.

Shuttle to/from the Airport was prompt and efficient took 5 minutes, waited about 10 minutes at the Airport. Shuttles are very regular and the minibus can be classed as "executive".

I checked in all 5 rooms we were taking. Even though I communicated weeks in advance we would like to be all on the same floor as a minimum, this could not be achieved and neither some of my other requests such as ensuring the contents of the mini-bar in our room were all alcohol free. This was a shame as the service we received whilst at the hotel was satisfactory.

The rooms were immaculate and very "Designer". Loved the Shower/Bathroom set up. The Bed was extremely comfortable. Having staying in other similar class of hotels it was a big shame that amenities such as bathroom slippers, dressing gowns were not provided as standard.

We had Buffet Breakfast included and this was fantastic, everything you would expect from a Hilton.

It was relatively quiet during our stay so we made use of the hydrotherapy pool, most of the functions works but some lacked power. The Mens Sauna was nice but the Mens Steam room was not working properly and you could see it possibly needed to be refurbished, Although it was quiet I would have expected there to be more than one mens shower in the pool gym area. Also some of the equipment to dry swim gear out which you find in Gyms etc would have been a welcome addition.

We made use of the Shuttle Service to the City in the morning. On Check in I was given incorrect timings for the last city shuttle of 1130 when in fact it was 1215 which was confirmed when I reserved it. You can only reserve this on the day you need it. So I booked it for the whole group on the 1115 and 1215 (As it is only a 8 seater) We were grateful that they managed to swap the Airport Bus (18 Seater) for us so we managed to all go together on at 1215. Took about 25 minutes to get to Retiro Park.

After travelling in Madrid we took the Metro back to the Hotel, from the Metro Stop it is about a 15/20 minute walk which is not too bad at all and probably at most a 35 minute trip into the CIty Centre dependant on where you want to go. 35 Minutes was to the Latina Quarter where we visited the Rostro Market (Flea Market runs every Sunday).

In Summary a decent designer type hotel, good levels of service although room for improvement in terms of service and facilities they provide. Good Location for the Airport and the City for a short trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am glad that you had chosen Hilton Madrid Airport to stay with us in your family weekend. It is nice that you found the hotel location, facilities and shuttle service convenient. Regarding the time of the shuttle to the city centre I have informed the Front Office Manager in order to avoid similar situation in the future.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenient caused in the relaxation area. Our Chief engineering is checking on the Steam bath order. I do hope that you could enjoy the rest of the facilities of Relaxation Area.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel was decent, the hallways to the rooms were very dirty and needed to be cleaned. The executive lounge was not exciting AT ALL, hardly any snacks available. The room was nice, very art deco, nice layout, dark hardwood floors, glass encased bathroom with huge jacuzzi tub and separate spa shower. A funny smell when i first walked in, but the a/c seemed to take care of it after a few hours running. Room service was good!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMadridAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us

Great news that you found the rooms deco nice and the bathroom huge. Thank you again to inform us about the dirtiness of the rooms and hallways, I have forwarded this comment to the Executive housekeeper to avoid this in the future. Regarding your comment about the snacks, usually you can find more snacks and variety in the evening when the snacks are reset.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A wonderful hotel. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is a beautiful, modern atrium-style. Great breakfast included. Staff helpful and friendly. Very close to airport but difficult to find in a rental car.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I can see that the hotel has fulfilled your expectations. We really appreciate our guest’s comments about the hotel style, breakfast and service. Did you have dinner in the hotel? Ferrum Bar offers a delicious typical Spanish tapas made by our Chef Pedro Corredor. If you decide to stay again with us do not hesitate to contact us in advance to give you tips and guide you to the hotel.

Looking forwarded to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed one night at this hotel. Our room was perfect if you overlook the view. Location is in a semi industrial part of the city near the airport. Other than that, it was perfect. Best breakfast I have had in a hotel in many years. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012
HiltonMadridAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Great news to hear that the breakfast is the best you have had in many years, as you mentioned. I hope you found convenient the shuttle service to the airport. I suggest you to use the complementary service shuttle in your next stay with us. It drops you in the city centre.

I would like to welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport, maybe with bit longer stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

A high quality Hilton. Far enough from the airport to have no noise, and near enough to be convenient. They do car hire from the hotel, and a shuttle service to the airport, and into the city itself.

The executive lounge facilities are very good.

Beds are comfortable and facilities are good quality.

Breakfast buffet is really delicious,with lots of choice

Staff on reception, particularly Lisa, are very helpful.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is best, or fourth for executive suite Be on rear of hotel away from motorway