“LAND OF THE LOST”

B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3
Ranked #344 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The only reason I stayed here was because I needed a single night layover as I made my way over to the Canary Islands. I thought it would be great to grab a hotel near the airport because I had an early morning flight.

When I arrived at the hotel I felt like I had been taken to a desert and left to die. The hotel was the only Oasis in sight. Check in was easy but then again I think I was the only one staying here. The room was also clean and nice too. I took about an hour to regroup in the room and figure out a game plan. I pulled out a map and plotted my next move.

I risked life and limb to go through a construction site and cross over the expressway to get on a bus. I took the bus for a few stops and reached a small town that had a subway station into downtown Madrid. It was a complete adventure but nothing I would like to do everyday. When I returned back in the evening, I decided not to risk my life with the bus again and took a short taxi trip from the subway back to the hotel. The taxi driver charged me like 10 Euro but at this point safety was high on my list. Riding on a strange bus on an expressway in the dark and trying to figure out my hotel stop was not a smart option.

There was breakfast in the morning but it was not available to me because I had an early morning flight. Then I got to the airport only to find that there was no food there. I finally found a cafe at the airport that opened at 6am. So if you have an early morning flight then have a game plan for breakfast. There is nothing open early at the hotel nor did they have any food available and you might have to go hungry for a while.

The location of the hotel was a little scary. I was in a bit of shock when I arrived. The photos of the hotel only show the hotel and not the abandoned area it is located in. If you have a short layover then the price is worth it but do not stay here for more then one day unless you wanna feel like Tom Hanks from Castaway. Wilson come back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Antkneee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the location prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were greatly pleased to see your high scores for Cleanliness, Service, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The location was far from the city center but accessible via public transportation, you would walk 5 mins and get on a bus that would take you to the nearest subway station. The Hotel had a print out with directions on how to get to and from downtown. The staff was really friendly and nice.

We did have to take a cab to the airport as there was no airport shuttle service available.

We had requested a non-smoking room but when we got there for check-in they did not have any available.

There wasn't free wi-fi but it was a budget hotel.

We had dinner there one night and enjoyed our meal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMari_22
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear MMari_22,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you found our hotel staff friendly and nice and you had an enjoyable dining experience with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. However, it seems that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the room allocation and lack of complimentary WIFI connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Get real, management. Wi-fi is every bit as important as a tv in the room. The tv's free, why not wi-fi? I was totally flabbergasted when I went to get the code and was told I had to pay for the time I would use it. No way Jose! This discolored my entire experience and I made a vow I will NEVER reserve at any Holiday Inn, express or otherwise. Every other hotel I was in in Spain had free wi-fi. This was a slap in the face to me, spending my last night in Spain before leaving for home.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Kildowgut
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Kildowgut,

Thank you for your review about your recent experience with us. I am sincerely sorry that the unavailability of complimentary Wifi connection impacted your visit. Your comments are important to us and will enable us to consider for improvements needed in what we can offer.

Again, we appreciate your review and our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent over an hour and a half circling the highways around Barajas trying to find this place. We finally gave up and decided to take a room in place we could locate, when we stumbled upon our destination. The hotel itself is adequate and the staff friendly, but there's no airport shuttle, so unless your coming in a taxi, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VT101
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear VT101,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property.

However, I sincerely apologize that you did not find our location to your liking and deeply regret the incovenience this has caused you.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was clean and simple. Staff was totally incompetent. Only one girl at the front desk. Line out the door.No pillows on beds, took 1 1/2 hours to get them. Very expensive parking. I think you can do better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear flyguy1953,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked the hotel as we had quite good impression with other Holiday Inn hotels elsewhere. Also we did underestimate the distance from hotel to the city's tourist attractions. Hotel isn't too bad and I guess the name 'Airport' is in the hotel for a reason.

Staff were corteous and attended to our needs. Room was basic but good enough for us. We ate outside so cannot comment on food.

Our biggest issue was just that it is quite a distant from city center. There is no nearby subway station so we had to take the bus and improvise our Spanish talking to the driver -- we survived. We had a flight to Barcelona the next day so we made this choice. For those who are spending longer time in Madrid, this isn't the hotel for you, unless you just arrived from a flight and will have another connecting the next day.

Room Tip: Nothing much to see except vacant lots so I don't know if there are rooms that offer better view...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ewc21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear ewc21,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The only benefit to staying here is the distance to the airport.

I should have gone back into the city to my room at the hotel in the city once i learned my flight had been delayed. But it was early and I just wanted a bed as i was tired, and only other reason i stayed here was that i am Holiday Inn Employee - so $29.00 a night, can't go wrong with that!

Took reception a while to open the door gate for me upon arriving. Once they let me in, reception was friendly, even though i had no reservation they were able to accommodate me. They were also professional and kind, in communicating with me and my general manager back in Canada via email in getting me my Employee Rate. Cheers!

I have found that none of the Holiday Inn Express's in Europe have amenities in the bathroom which i thought was strange.

Price of Wifi is a little pricey.

The hotel itself is a little outdated, the Hallways could use a renovation as it felt very tired and dirty walking to my room. (Not saying the hotel is dirty, just the look and feel it presents due to being outdated).

Room Tip: Too Far from city!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear HolidayInnGSA,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have sent you a private message regarding your experience.

Lera P