“Wonderful Hotel - Great location!”

ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria
Ranked #65 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at this very chic hotel for 5 nights. It was a business trip, so didn't spend much time in the room each day, but the hotel staff were all welcoming each time I returned. This was my second stay at this hotel in Madrid and on each occasion I found consistency in how the guests were treated; high praises to the front desk staff! As noted earlier, the hotel is very 'chic' - it is a modern and vibrant hotel in a super convenient location. A room above the plaza is pretty incredible given the beautiful vistas. There is a bit of noise to contend with from time to time - especially when the local merchants are receiving deliveries - but it's really not bad and generally not discernible when the balcony doors are closed. I received an upgraded room on my second visit which was much larger than the standard room I received on my first visit - which was truly welcomed and appreciated! The space was always clean and the beds are very comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful with recommendations for nightlife and restaurants and when asked, quickly summoned taxi cabs for me. Food in restaurant was pretty decent and room service was very prompt. On my first visit in the April/May timeframe, the Roof top bar was closed. However, on this trip the hotel was allowing guests to go up to the roof and the bar was tended to. What an amazing view of the city!!! My colleagues and I were able to capture some awesome sunset pics. This hotel while a little pricey, should be a strong consideration for a place to stay - the location couldn't be better; easy walk everywhere (shopping, restaurants, nightlife, etc.). Want to also give recognition to Miguel and José for their wonderful customer service. finally, would be great if there was a swimming pool, but otherwise, love this hotel and plan to stay here on future visits to Madrid!

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the plaza have the BEST views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Chelsea898,

Thank you for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your stay with us.
At ME Madrid Hotel our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is very inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort.

ME Madrid team look forward to meeting you in a very near future!

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the ME Madrid for three nights at the end of August.

Check in was very quick and the staff were friendly and efficient. We had booked an Aura room and it was a bit small, but we didn't plan on spending huge amounts of time in there. The window was internal and looked over to a wall. Like previous reviewers, we had booked months in advance and we booked directly through the hotel website but at no point were we warned that the rooftop terrace was under renovation and was closed during our visit. The rooftop terrace was one of the biggest reasons we picked the ME Madrid, it wasnt even mentioned at check in. We only found out when we looked at the bottom of the slip of paper giving us the wi-fi password. The construction was very noisy. Those were our only downsides to the hotel and they should be long gone by now.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly, the location of the hotel was fabulous and we walked everywhere for the three days, there was no need for transportation because everywhere we wanted to visit was within walking distance. We loved the button on the wall that put the 'sexy' lighting on, hilarious :)

We would recommend the hotel but choose an upgraded room with external window.

Room Tip: Don't go for an Aura room, request an external window
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Kerriejo13,

Many thanks for sharing your ME experience!

I am glad to know that your ME experience was fantastic! Otherwise, let me inform you that our rooftop bar will be open very soon with spectaculars improvements where you can have some cocktails/drinks or even have dinner in our new concept restaurant enjoying the fantastic views of Madrid.

We all hope meeting you very soon in the ME Madrid hotel!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in ME madrid for 4 nights
To make it short I wud just mention the positives and negatives:
Positives
-gr8 location near to the main attractions
-Gud restaurants at walkable distance even a gr8 cafe Cafe Central
-nice view from the roof top aftr 8 pm
- friendly staff
- superb wifi gr8 speed
-supermarket jst one min away from the hotel

Negatives
-pretty expensive considering the very small room and facilities
-if you order a tea to the room tht wud cost 9 euro whr as if u just get a pack of 10 tea bags from the supermarket wch is one min away is 2 euro..
-No complimentary water or coffee/tea maker
-nothing special in the hotel and if you are staying in the aura room you totally miss the beautiful view though its 137 euro per nite..unless you are ready to upgrade the room by paying additional 50 euro per nite
-the hotel doesn't hav a spa or swimming pool

But for the location u shud go for it :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Naaaaz,

Many thanks for sharing your opinion about your last stay in Trip Advisor!
Otherwise, I was not very happy hearing of your experience but your comments stimulate us to improve on our service and facilities in order to provide great ME Experiences.

I ensure you that we will take action for an inmediate improvement.

I hope meeting you on your next visit to ME Madrid!

Our best wishes,

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel with a Hotwire secret deal for $100/night and think that was an amazing steal. The hotel is sleak and modern. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful with recommendations for nightlife and restaurants. The only slight drawback is that the roof was closed when we were there. The location couldn't be better - you can easily walk everywhere. Loved this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Jenny J,

Thank you for your excellent comments! And for your next visit to ME Madrid we hope you can enjoy the spectacular views of Madrid from our terrace The Roof. It will be a MEmorable experience!

ME Madrid team look forward to meeting you in a very near future!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and loved it although room was a bit small. From the roof terrace there are amazing views of the Plaza and Madrid. In front of the hotel is the Plaza Santa Ana with lots of bars and restaurants open until late. I would certainly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here when next in Madrid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Carol S.

Thanks for sharing your ME experience!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed a fantastic stay with us during your visit to Madrid.

I look forward to meeting you very soon in ME Madrid!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have enjoyed staying in various hotels around Plaza de Santa Ana, a gem of a place in the heart of Madrid. The Me by Melia faces the park. The wall to wall glass windows allow for a special integration to the beautiful environment, the action and vibrancy of this area of Madrid, yet the keep your sanctuary quiet! Good, attentive service tops it all!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the park above the 3rd floor have a great view and are quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear chichenuxmal,

Thank you for your sharing your ME experience in Tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Madrid!

ME Madrid team look forward to welcoming back to you in a very near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and loved every bit of it. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I am back in Madrid. After walking all throughout Madrid, this hotel find could not have been better. Within steps from the hotel, you have an open section of restaurants to choose from, all of which offer outside seating. The days and nights sitting there were amazing while we ate our tapas and drank our wine. I chose this hotel based off of the reviews I had read...and needed to tell my own experience. The hotel itself was great...friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed...and where it is located, it's makes it the best!!!! The views from the rooftop makes for some really nice pictures. And yes, rooftop was open!

• Stayed: September 2013
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Michelle D,

Many thanks for sharing your fantastic comments about your last stay in ME Madrid! Our main aim is to create MEmorable and tailored-made ME experiences and I am glad to know that we have reached with you.

Your comments stimulate us to improve our services every day and looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Warmest regards.