$265
$151
Only YOU Hotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$158
$144
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$163
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$92
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$103
$96
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Hotel Atlantico(Madrid)
$177
$145
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$95
$86
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$255
$234
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $284/night.

Catalonia Las Cortes(Madrid)
$114
$106
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$467
$440
  • Pool
2,042 results
All reviewsopera metro stationroyal palacegreat locationplaza mayoruntil noonopera housequiet streetbreakfast roomburger kingpuerta del solwithin walking distanceside streetmodern designminute walksmall roomjunior suiteyogurt
Reviewed August 10, 2017

I stayed at Room Mate Mario in a single room for two nights in the middle of summer. Easily the best cheap-ish hotel I've stayed in all of Europe. Everyone tempers their expectations when it comes to European singles, but the room was HUGE. The bed was actually a full size or close to it, not a twin or even double. The bathroom was also clean and stylish. And the air conditioning worked great.

Really friendly reception too. My room was ready even at 8:00am so that was a huge plus. Good location too, easily can walk to any tourist destination in Madrid. Highly recommended. I paid basically 45 euro per night, and even without the deal I got, I'd say even paying double would have been a great value!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
SofiaTsoumas, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Mario, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear guest,

I have just read your nice review, and just a few lines to send you a big thank you because your message is the best brochure about Mario! We offer you our house, which we wish to be yours when you move to Madrid. I really hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in the near future,
Best Wishes from Madrid!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I just spent four nights at this great little hotel. Based on a previous positive experience with this chain while in Amsterdam, I had high expectations. The Mario did not disappoint! The location is excellent, on a safe, quiet street, just off Plaza Isabel II (Opera metro). The reception staff were welcoming and helpful throughout my stay. My single room was basic but very comfortable, clean and quiet. The air conditioning unit worked well to cool off the room quickly. I opted to take the daily buffet breakfast and was pleased with the variety and freshness of the foods offered, including both hot and cold items. It was nice to have breakfast available until noon each day! All in all, I found this to be a perfect choice for my solo holiday.

Room Tip: Quiet single room on second floor worked out well
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your words!! We love reading reviews like yours. For us fundamentally to know that we have transmitted the Philosophy Room Mate: Central Location, modern decoration, clean rooms and Personalized customer service.
I really hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in the near future,
Best Wishes from Madrid

Reviewed August 7, 2017

nice and cosy hotel in a perfect location with a great metro connection. even small rooms are comfy and very clean. the breakfast was more than very good. the staff was very helpful and polite. every night there was free tea at the reception

Room Tip: if you need a balcony or one somkes then go for the bigger rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
SofiaTsoumas, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Mario, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at Room Mate Mario
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, room and breakfast. We will send your words to the whole team. Thank you very much! We hope to see you again soon, do not hesitate to contact me for it.

Best Wishes from Madrid

Reviewed August 6, 2017

At Room Mate Mario you are centrally located (like seriously, our Madrid friend told us we couldn't have picked a better location). It is in a quaint area right near the Taxi stand, bus stop, subway, restaurants, shopping, banks, the Opera and Royal Palace. In fact, what was even better is there is a grocery store 2-3 doors down and also a laundromat! (I met a couple who went out of their way to go to this one!)

Okay, so now you know the location is good. Upon arrival you will notice the 'look' and 'vibe' of the hotel. LOVE it. Very modern and laid back. There is always someone staffing the desk and they are always friendly and helpful. They generally have tea and water ready in the lobby, and several different nooks to sit and wait, or just get out of the hotel room.

Take the stairs (short range of steps) or elevator.
They have breakfast available for a fee. I didn't take advantage of this service.
Our room had comfy beds (my children were thankful for the thick, soft mattresses) and amenities were also provided. The room seemed quite large, and had a mini bar. The mini bar was VERY reasonable and we took advantage of using it several times.

The only thing I think could be improved, and I did not point this out to staff because it did not bother me (but it might someone else) is that there was some grime in the shower. It definitely could use a good scrubbing to get some of the build up off, but I use to be in housekeeping and I notice these things. Is that a reason not to stay? NO! In fact, I'm pretty sure if I had brought it to someone's attention it would have been taken care of. Another thing that kept the 5 star rating for me was that there seemed to be some work going on somewhere in the building. At around 9 am banging/drilling could be heard on the other side of the wall. It wasn't a big deal for me as we didn't sleep in, but for someone else it could be.

My teenagers loved staying here, I loved staying here, and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There are rooms with city views, and some that do not have them. Ask to verify what you are getting.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to appreciate your time in expressing your thoughts regarding your stay at Room Mate Mario. We are happy to know that you liked the centric location and the design. Thank you also for mention the staff, we all are working hard to provide the best possible attention and service to our Guests. I will take good note about the shower issue in order to improve the service towards all of our guests.
I really hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Best service, nice staff, very good room, excelent breakfast. Near of all turistic points and easy access to metro station , taxi and bus. Very clean and bathroom with all basic needs to men and woman: to shave, to nails, etc..

Room Tip: Ask hotel what you want, they always try to atend your desire.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
SofiaTsoumas, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Mario, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at Room Mate Mario
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I really hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in the near future,