Visited with a friend for a weekend city break in September. Location is perfect to access most of Madrid, we didn't use the metro. Taxi from the airport was a little expensive but saved on the time and convenience. Now I know where it's based I will use the metro again.
Make use of the city tour bus - you'll get your bearings straight away !
Despite visiting during the violent protests in Madrid that weekend, my friend and I felt safe and had no worries wondering around the main parts. In fact we didn't see or hear any of the protests reported on the news the next day. Unlike Barcelona and it's annoying pick pockets I didn't notice anything as extreme as that city.
The only thing I would say is that the bathroom is a little exposed behind glass doors - you'll have to be good friends before or if not after your trip !
Room was cosy, but we weren't there to stay in the hotel but to see the sights of Madrid. We were supposed to be a party of 3 so may have been a little squashed but we would've survived. Like the bottle of wine on arrival - nice touch.
I would come back and stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Petit Palace San Bernardo Royal Opera is located in the centre of the city, in an emblematic building in the well known “Santo Domingo” Plaza, next to the “Gran Via” – the main and most commercial street in Madrid. At just a few minutes away, the famous “Puerta del Sol” which is the centre point of the historic and monumental area of Madrid can be found and which is also good starting point to visit all the major tourist sights of the city.All the rooms in the hotel have been accommodated with the latest in technological advances, such as; laptops and free WIFI, hydro-massage showers, modern designer furniture, free safety boxes, flat screen TV’s with international channels to name but a few…Rooms are available with twin or double beds, for individual travellers or couples, and also for families or groups of friends in our exclusive “Family Rooms” with capacity of up to for people.Take advantage of our free coffee service and our two free internet points, found in the reception area, and our free bike rent to get to know the city in a unique and original way!Ask our friendly staff for advice on the best shopping and dining areas, and for reservations for local excursions and shows. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are travelling with your pet or have any other special requests – we will do our best to assure that your stay is a pleasant and comfortable as possible! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Petit Palace Plaza Espana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace San Bernardo Hotel Madrid
- Petit Palace San Bernardo Madrid