Hotel Room Mate Alicia
Hostal Delvi(Madrid)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,359 results
All reviewsplaza santa anagreat locationjunior suitesliding doortapasdouble windowsuntil noonwithin walking distancestandard roomplunge poolfirst floorbars and restaurantscentral locationbreakfast is servedmajor attractionsgreat showerstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The hotel is right on Plaza Santa Ana so the location can’t be beat, steps away from all the major sights in the city and surrounded by bars, cafés, and restaurants. The rooms are very original and the décor is interesting. The layout, however, is not ideal. As other travelers have pointed out, there is a complete lack of privacy in the shower and the toilet so be prepared for that. Staff is nice and attentive and the breakfast buffet was superb. It lasts until noon, which is a big plus in a city that never sleeps so you don’t need to get up early. The wireless internet however was not great but enough to check email. Overall a great place in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Piolina
Aliciaroommate, Manager at Hotel Room Mate Alicia, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Dear guests,

Many thanks for your gracious feedback.

Indeed we have a very convenient, central location nearby every Madrid attractions. But most of all I thank you for mentioning our high standard of service with very "helpful" Staffs.

Your suggestion will help us to improve our future projects.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The location is perfect, and lively, and happening! Make sure to stand in front of the hotel, and go down every street that runs off it, you will find fun times in all directions.
The rooms are hip and the terrace room is such a great place to hang out in that Madrid summer heat.
The staff are fantastic, really, really attentive, happy and knowledgeable, and cute!!!
The tapas bar next door in the hotel, is the best we tasted in the area. It is seriously OMG! We ate there on their second open day, WOW!!
Great value, happening place...LOVE Madrid, and ALICIA

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Dear guests,

I was very pleased to read your gracious review following your stay with us at Room Mate Alicia.

I am also pleased to hear that you found the quality of food at the restaurant DisTinto.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Room Mate Alicia Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Roommate Alicia is in a GREAT location, right in the heart of Madrid. I stayed here just one night as I had a long layover and from the location I was able to get a good feel of the city in a short time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were super chic; the only thing I didn't like was the open layout of the bathroom. The shower is open to the room so if I were traveling with a friend it would be awkward. Otherwise I loved the layout and the view from my room of the plaza below.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and as always we very much appreciate it. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you return so we can take care of you once again.

Your suggestion will help us to improve our future project.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Having stayed at Room Mate Grace in New York, I was keen to try out the Room Mate chain in its home country of Spain. I was not disappointed, and found another good hotel offering boutique style on a budget, right on Plaza Santa Ana in which there are numerous bars and restaurants.

Like another reviewer, I was allocated room 208 which is certainly petite compared with other rooms in the hotel and which is somewhat starved of sunlight as it overlooks an internal courtyard. The decor of the room was bright and modern, and as others have said, the bathrooms are not completely segregated from the rest of the room, so if you are bit modest, then this might not be the place for you. The shower had good water pressure, and the bathroom amenities included shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, soap, shower cap, shoe shine and hairdryer. The only minor thing I spotted was a hole in one of the hand towels (it was rather large), this didn't bother me, but I know others may be less forgiving.

The only table was a small fold up table which appeared to be angled slightly downwards, and not ideal for business use (my laptop took up most of the table). As I was only staying a night, this wasn't a big issue. If you are travelling on business, you may want to ask for a room with a proper desk. The room includes a minibar and a safe which can store a laptop, and it is possible to control the temperature in the room. I read a previous post regarding the lack of English TV channels, however, I was able to find BBC World and CNN, alongside Italian, French and German channels. A continental breakfast is available in the attached restaurant for an additional fee, serving tea, juices, cereals, pastries, bread, cheese, cold meats, fruit and tortilla, and another good touch is staying open until 12pm. There is also free wifi, just ask the front desk for a password.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I needed to get to a location out of town and was advised by a Spanish colleague to use a specific taxi firm, and the staff on the front desk were very accommodating in booking a taxi for me. There are some nice touches such as drinking water in reception, and a scratch card "gift" on check out (a short promotion). I would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Aliciaroommate, Manager at Hotel Room Mate Alicia, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! It is a pleasure to know that you find Room Mate chain is one of your favourite choices.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future; i will assign you a nice room.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

The Plaza de Santa Ana area can be very pricey but Room Mate Alicia was a pleaseant surprise in the area. It is a boutique hotel in almost every way, minimal lobby, no food/room service but attached to a cafe that offers breakfast to hotel guests only, and small modern rooms. The frontdesk stafff and bellhop were extremely helpful even storing our luggage over a weekend. The room was comfortable, clean and cool. The bathroom is wide open so light can bother others in the room. The location is what sells this hotel. You can walk to all the major site from the Musuem triangle to the Royal Palace and everything in between. It's even a couple blocks from the major train station Atocha. The plaza is busy all day and night with cafes and bars to your gastronomic delight but the rooms are fully sound and light proof. A definite option for the budget!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your best experiences! It is very gratifying to read of your satisfaction with us and your time in Madrid

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us.