“Easter in Madrid”
Review of Hotel Miau

Hotel Miau
Ranked #265 of 442 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just back from 4 nights in the Hotel Miau.
We arrived about 8pm and were greeted by name by the gentleman on the front desk ( whose name escapes me, I apologise! ) Straight to our room...room 10 on the first floor.
Room was small but perfectly formed! Space to move around, enough wardrobe space for hanging clothes but could have done with some drawer space....no big deal for a few days.
Bathroom was large with a walk-in shower which was very powerful. The hairdryer was not too bad, although if you ladies have long hair.....it may take a while to dry.....luckily mine is very short! Shower gel supplied in a dispenser in the shower.

Our room didn't overlook Plaza Santa Ana but the street at the side which was no problem. Our only problem was that our room was attached to an apartment block next door and unfortunately for us, the walls were paper thin and our neighbours were noisy! There was no noise from the street as the windows are double glazed with a little balcony-type area inbetween that we used to store our suitcases.

The first night I didn't sleep very well as I prefer more than one pillow.......only one was supplied, so I rolled up the spare blanket I found in the wardrobe. The next day......with no mention to anyone....we arrived back to find extra pillows had been added to the bed! Nice one, Hotel Miau!

We were on a RO basis but went to the bar/restaurant next door, owned by the Hotel and had breakfast there each day. There was a choice of having a breakfast buffet for around 8 Euros but we were happy with continental. We also had lunch here a few times....although outside as the weather was amazing...and that was fine too....not too expensive for being on a main square!

All-in-all, we had a great stay at the Miau and would recommend it as a good value option in a fairly expensive area. Thank-you Hotel Miau for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Smilinglady52

Reviewed February 9, 2014

During our stay, the restaurant in Hotel Miau caught fire. The hotel was filled with smoke and we had to evacuate. No fire alarms went off. After waiting in the rain for three hours, the hotel was cleared for occupancy. However, a strong smoke smell lingered so we decided to check out early. When leaving, we wanted to be comped for the hours spent waiting for the fire to be extengiushed. The owner became irate, pushed my boyfriend, and held us against our will until we paid the entire amount under duress. Police were called and we filed charges against the owner. Besides this total chaotic episode, the beds were uncomfortable and the wifi spotty. The room was semi-dirty, hair in the shower and dust bunnies rolling around the floor. If you would like to be valued as a guest, this place should be skipped over entirely.

Room Tip: Complete disregard for guests.
Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Michele B
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights . Wonderful location friendly staff .Rooms basic but warm and cosy.Bar and restaurant in hotel were around corner so not great you were just treated like passing trade and did,nt feel as if you were a hotel guest.,that was the only negative to this trip.

Room Tip: rooms with heavy shutters keep out traffic noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were travelling with our family and took two double rooms, one of them was nice, the other one was with one small window, with no daylight, with a bit of dust. Other thing was that in our rooms we did not have hot water in the evening as in the morning. That was not the worst thing, the attitude of reception was. At first I called them to tell that, they said that they will call me back after a minute, of course, they did not, then when I called them again they tried to convince me that everybody else in the hotel has hot water, when I said that other room hadn't hot water as well, then they said that all centre is without hot water. I could not understand the attitude of reception and I could see clearly that they lied. When I said I wanted to talk to manager they replied that I could come tomorrow, even though they knew I checked out today. Bad experience, would not recommend, unless you enjoy cold showers.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank luize_st
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel is in a central location in a precinct full of vibrant activity. You will find yourself in close proximity to restaurants, landmarks, shopping, entertainment, bars and nightclubs, all these amenities are in walking distance from the hotel. The room and bathrooms were also very clean. Great value!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Perfect location and very reasonably priced. Rooms are on the small size but to my mind the hotel is ideal for a short stay/long weekend. As well as a number of excellent bars & restaurants in Plaza Santa Ana, the restaurant attached to the hotel is very good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 15, 2013

So happy to have found this property in the center of Madrid. The rooms are just as most say, small, clean and not too luxurious. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

For me the location over the square was just great. Even more so the proximity to so many good Flamenco shows. My favorite thing spanish other than my Catalan wife.

If you want to be with in a few minutes walking of so many wonderful sites, sounds, tastes, art and Spain, this Hotel is a definate winner at a good price.

Room Tip: A balcony, no matter how small overlooking the square is a real treat.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple