“Impressive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Vancouver, Canada
“Impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very nice hotel, loved the design work both inside and out. We stayed on the 10th floor and really enjoyed the Japanese style there. Comfortable, decent service at the front desk, and the price was reasonable even for a budget traveler.

A few minor gripes:
* Wifi quality was poor in our room, and the hotel has an awkward setup of requiring unique logins for every wifi device.
* Restaurants are expensive and not very good. Coffee (espresso) in Spain is excellent, but for some reason the breakfast restaurant uses an automatic machine that makes godawful coffee.
* The neighbourhood is pretty lousy, but access to metro is good.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if you can choose the floor you stay on, and pick your favourite style from their...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ModusOperandie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went to Madrid for the weekend,based on the idea of staying in this hotel, it looks amazing, and has such a great concept, each floor being designed by someone different.
The trip was definitely a positive experience, from the shuttle bus from the airport, taking the hassle out of the metro system(it was simple to use, but who doesn't like door to door service?)
We got tour via iPad of rooms, I'd emailed in advance asking for separate bathroom, as too many reviewers were not pleasantly surprised to have to watch their other half in bathroom.
This limited our choice, but we were happy with what we got.
For a while, turns out the window was too see through, and everything could be heard...
We moved rooms the next morn, staff could not have been nicer about it, which was great.
We did a tour of the hotel, some amazing spaces, including the 13th floor with glass for walkway.
The pool left a lot to be desired,a bit narrow, and the whole room too dark for my liking,I didn't visit more than once.
Another bonus was the shuttle into city centre, as well as airport, we got map, and some sight seeing suggestions from reception, and were dropped off centrally.

Connections into the city on the metro were so easy, making it a good location, not much around it, but there's a bar and restaurant on site.
Enjoyable stay.
Just wish I could have had physical tour of rooms on all floors :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Was in Madrid for a business conference, which was being held at the Silken Puerta America - what a great hotel for an event!

They had me at check in. When I arrived the chap at reception pointed me to an iPad on the counter and asked me to choose what theme of room I wanted! At this point I was hooked! Each floor has a different theming - ultra modern, Japanese, space, white/red... wow! I selected one on the 7th floor, which was a modern room (I went for white, not red) with a round bed and curved walls.

As I headed up, the corridors were stark white - felt like I was in a Star Wars movie. The room was cool - no bigger than a normal hotel room, but the layout was very creative. There was a curved wall through the middle with a corridor/wardrobe on one side, and a heavily mirrored bathroom on the other. At the end of the wall is a round bed (slightly 70s adult movie-esque, but very hip!). The bed is a feature, but it's not necessarily the most comfortable bed in the world. The lights and curtains are controlled by a wall panel, and the TV is a projector, projected onto the window blind. Quirky!

The rooftop bar has great views and is a nice place to relax. It's dimly lit with red lights and has a mellow feel - the drinks are a little pricey. The downstairs bar is nice and bright, and the outdoor patio is a great place to enjoy a drink (the G&T fishbowl is very good!)

The breakfast room is nice and the selection is decent - with your standard international breakfast fayre and Spanish sandwiches, breads, meats cheeses and tomato spreads.

Conference facilities were pretty standard. The main room is huge and opens up onto the outside patio, which gives everyone a great chance for some fresh air at the breaks.

Location-wise it's probably not ideal for leisure travellers - it's about 20 min walk from the Goya shops and would be a cab ride to the main Madrid attractions and restaurants - but it's not hard to travel around. For us it's ideally located near our head office so it worked well.

This is definitely worth a visit if you want a hotel with real character - something completely different - and don't mind being just out of the Madrid action.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris W
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Upon arrival at this hotel, i knew it was going to be lovely. We were met from our taxi by a lovely man who took our baggage and took us to reception. We were able to pick our room on an ipad at the reception desk. The service was impeccable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fairyyy
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here in May 2013 with my boyfriend for my birthday. This hotel was just amazing!! I would love to go back to Madrid just to stay here again. The hotel has a really cool interior design- where each floor is designed differently which is fascinating (we actually done a tour of every floor!!). The staff are very helpful and will do everything that they can for you. Our room was spotless and huge!
The location was very handy too - I'm sure there was a metro quite near (do not quote me though as we did not use it) we would always get a taxi to wherever we wanted to go and it was only about 5 or 10 minutes journey (Might sound lazy getting a taxi but I had heels on!!)

I cannot recommend this hotel enough! I have stayed in quite a lot of nice hotels and this is definitely up there with the best if not the best!!

LOVE.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

If I ever go back to Madrid I will 100% stay here. The hotel is beautifully designed, we were on the 10th floor I believe which was a Japanese style (don't quote me I could be totally wrong!), the room wasn't the biggest but was a decent size for what we needed. Only thing I would've like would have been a balcony. The bathroom was amazing with a HUGE wooden bath - definitely big enough for two. The only thing that some people may not like is there is a window from the bedroom through to the bathroom you can see everything... and i mean EVERYTHING. So if you are a private person or are staying with friends.. try and avoid this floor.

Once you initially find the hotel, it is in a good location to reach all parts of the city - extremely well based for the stadium - which was a must see. We actually managed to get Real Madrid tickets the night we arrived, I am not a football person but that was probably the highlight of my trip.

Bed was to die for - there is even a pillow menu which we did actually use ! If you needed more pillows/ blankets etc, housekeeping would be there in a few minutes. All very polite and attentive ladies.

Breakfast was amazing - such a large choice and very good quality food. We also had a light lunch in the beautiful restaurant when we arrived. All the waiting staff were unbelievably polite - nothing was ever a problem.

Its probably a bit sad to want to go back to somewhere purely for the hotel, but in this case I would.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sugar2506
Valeria K, Public Relations Manager at Silken Puerta America, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Sugar2506,

Thank you very much for your nice review.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, very soon!!!

Kind regards,

Valeria Knop
PR & Guest Relations Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for almost two weeks and appreciated the room, the welcoming staff, the food and the overall hotel-thing... Hotel is located next to two metro stations giving you fast access to anywhere in Madrid. Taxis are waiting in front of the hotel. Room is well equipped. Room service is quick and of good quality.
In general everything is pricy but not higher than any other major hotels.
The waiter at the bar made one mistake to throw at me the menu card. This is not a 5* attitude but he corrected it by serving later much more friendly.
Wifi is advertised as free but the free wifi is very limited. Full access is available at a price I found reasonable if you stay long. And the kubi wireless is also accessible at the airport.
I am coming back to the hotel for its overall quality!
Recommended even for the non-design advocates!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business