I stayed with my wife for 2 nights in this hotel in Madrid this week. I chose this hotel as it was ideally located in the heart of Madrid and right next to a tube station.
The first receptionist was a nice guy, he made us fill-in a lot of papers with our names and address during the check-in, which is weird as we made the reservation via their webiste and had to provide the same information... the room was just OK. The typical old hotel that has been quickly renovated by adding layers of painting on top of the old ones. As a result you get this weirdly furnished and decorated rooms that could seem quirky at first sight but that never really meet your expectations. There was a nasty smell in the corridors, probably due to the products they use to clean the carpets.
The icing on the cake was the receptionists we had on the last day. These 2 women were hasty, rude, and so uninterested. They talked to me like if I was a 5 year old that was getting on their nerves whereas I was only there to make my check-out and hand back my room keys. When I asked for a taxi, with the same impolite tone, they told me to get on in the street... my wife and I had 4 suitcases and wouldn't mind a bit of help or a bit of customer service... just forget about this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hotel Petit Palace Alcala!! The hotel is situated it the heart of the city centre, in the well known "Alcala" street, right next to the famous "Puerta del Sol" in the historic and monumental district of the city. The outstanding building is a replica of a well known sky scraper found in Chicago and has a total of 12 floors, allowing privileged views of Madrid from the top 5 floors. All of the 60 modern rooms are equipped with the latest technological innovations; like hydro-massage showers, free Wifi Premium connection. Free use of Ipad (under request) With a complete renovation in 2008, the hotel is proud to offer comfortable accommodation with modern, designer furniture and decoration. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to advise you on the best restaurants and shopping and possibilities to reserve local excursions. Double, triple or quadruple, with views of the city or interior - don't hesitate to contact us with your special preferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Petit Palace Alcala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Alcala Torre Hotel Madrid
- Petit Palace Alcala Torre Madrid