My first two nights in Madrid were spent in a tiny, windowless room in an expensive hotel near the center of the city, but when I came back at the end of my trip, my son helped me find this hotel in his neighborhood. What a difference! For about half the price, I had a lovely spacious room with a spectacular view of the city skyline all the way to the mountains. The hotel has a gorgeous marble reception area and a lovely atrium with palm trees in the middle. Wifi was free, but the signal strenth on the 6th floor wasn't great. This is a predominantly immigrant neighborhood, so there weren't a lot of tourists staying at this hotel. Although it's not in a prime location, the hotel is right at the Quatro Caminos stop on the #1 Metro line, which takes you straight to Plaza del Sol and all the attractions in the city center. The Metro in Madrid is very easy to use and very well-policed, so if I go back I would have no hesitation about staying here again and using the Metro to get around. I should probably mention that although this hotel seemed brand new and sparkling, I got the feeling that it wasn't the very best construction, so in a few years it might not be holding up so well, but for now, it's great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located in the heart of Madrid's finance district, just a few meters from the AZCA business park, the Paseo de la Castellana or the Real Madrid Stadium. It has 102 spacious rooms, exceptional naturally lit conference and banquet rooms with natural light and unique indoor gardens. If offers services such as: Free Wifi, restaurant and room service, parking with special rates for our clients, gym, and large family rooms. The nearest metro stop is located only 100 meters from our front door, and connects directly with the Madrid historical center (Gran Via) in less than 10 minutes. All the rooms have been totally soundproofed in august 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jardin Metropolitano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardin Metropolitano Madrid
- Jardin Metropolitano Hotel Madrid