Hotel Victoria 4
Only YOU Hotels
$222
$215
  • Restaurant
All reviewspuerta del solgreat locationcontinental breakfastwalking distanceplaza mayorgood sizeyogurttapas bars and restaurantsminute walkrooms are spaciousthe hotel staffmini barnoisy at nightroyal palacethe air conditioningbooked this hotelreception desk
Reviewed July 12, 2012

After staying in Guadalajara and Siguenza for a few nights my boyfriend and I booked in the Victoria for two nights to finish of our holiday. After walking through the immense heat of the city centre from the metro to the hotel (5mins) the reception area was lovely and cool, All the staff that we meet were very nice and friendly. The hotel is modern, clean and simple. Our room was nicely laid out, again modern and clean, the bathroom was lovely. As my boyfriend and I were there for the nightlife the noise didnt bother us, even on a monday night its very busy. So if your a light sleeper Id maybe invest in a set of ear plugs.
The breakast on the first morning was very busy, Id make a suggestion that the resturant rethink the layout of the buffet area, fairly narrow and the tables were all very close together, cant say anything bad about the food though, good selection of cerals, croissants, fruit, ham,cheese and fresh juice.
At night the rooms air conditioning was great, nice and cool. On our last day our flight wasnt until 9pm and the hotel stored all our bags after checkout in a locked room which was great.
Overall our stay in the Victoria in Madrid was great
..I wont miss the metro though! Iv never used a metro before, everything goes so fast and even if youv a load of suitcases people still expect you to let them past on the esclator which I thought was abit dangerous, especally going down. We had to get three trains to get to the airport, 5euro each for the whole journey. So Id say if its your first time in Madrid and are using the metro to get to the airport or have to be somewhere on time Id definley give yourself extra time to navigate your way around and also some of the platforms just have a staircase to them, so maybe just bare that in mind of you have heavy suitcases.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

If you like walking and plan to explore Madrid on foot, Victoria 4 is the hotel to choose. Quiet except for deliveries during the day, the narrow street comes alive in the afternoon and evening. The hotel has a small, unpretentious lobby and friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Several dining options are available: a casual dining/bar area where we enjoyed a late-evening meal and an outdoor area which appeared to be more elegant. The plentiful buffet breakfast includes breads, pastries, cereal, juices, fruit, cheese, cold cuts, but no eggs or other hot foods. Many more dining options are available nearby. We walked to the Prado, Palacio Real, Plaza Mayor, and other destinations easily. We would definitely stay here again.
If you are coming from the airport, take the Airport Express bus (2€) to the Atocha train station and then take a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank CarolinaTravelers2
Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you are going to Madrid for sure you will not spend much time in your hotel otherwise you would be missing this incredible town. To be perfect just have the sea near.
Back to the hotel, it is well well located, you are literally right in the center of the city, at Plaza del Sol, subway its like what 1m away, also by walk you can reach several places, gran via, Plaza Mayor and so on. It is surrounded by bars, coffees, el museo del jamon, shops, everything. The staff are ok , rooms are big and very clean, towels are changed everyday, it's modern and the breakfast I would say it's average. The only issue is the noise in the streets on the front or on the back until 2-3 am but it will depends if you have a light sleep or if you're ok with that. In my opinion was a very good choice compared with the hostals (cheaper but...) or with 4 or 5 start hotels quite expensive. Other item is the security in most of the places like Sol you will see a big presence of policy in the street at any time. I stayed for 4 nights and I would say it's a good bet!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mafs_R
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel is OKish inside and the personnel, although with (very) limited English, is friendly enough in general. The one main reason I will never ever ever go back to this hotel again is the noise that can be experienced if you are unlucky enough to be allocated a room near the street (I am not sure about the others ones but the hotel is not very big so I would not be surprised if this is also a problem there).

The road outside the hotel is populated with small cafes and restaurants which seem to be very popular given its proximity to Puerta del Sol. I thought people will be going to bed at 12, may be at 1AM if I was unlucky, but there was so much noise until 4AM from people and then from the trucks coming to do the cleaning and then at 7-8 those trucks which come to deliver goods to keep the party going next day that I may have slept 3-4 hours in total. I closed window, courtains, put two pillows over my head, and nothing was capable to prevent such a loud noise from keeping me awake even after an exhausting trip.

My advice is, if you have something important to do next morning, as I did, stay as away from this hotel, and this area of the city, as you can.

J, Ireland

Room Tip: not in the front!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here 10/6/12 to 15/6/12 the hotel is in a gereat location just off the gran via. reception team very helpful. Bars local good food try the mussels at the small bar behind hotel next to amigos. location is great for all attractions. we had no issues with safety at this hotel. Be aware when on metro with your handbag or belongings.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple