I gave it 4 stars for the location and because the rooms are nice and clean.
The shower is amazing!!! (water flow from 3 sides, extremely hot like I love, and with high pressure)
The location is great - right next to Plaza Mayor.
- the room I got was not so comfortable to place the suitcase.
- The "walls are thin" - I could hear people speak in the next room, and when someone knocking on the other room's door, I thought they're knocking mine.
- Extremely small TV which is facing down (as it is not connected well to the wall)
- WiFi is slow, hard to maintain a connection and in my room there was a poor reception
- When I told the reception guy about the poor WiFi reception and quality - he said he would restart the router (like that will help)
- You need to reenter your wifi password many times during your stay
- The room was with a laptop, but it barely worked
- Breakfast had little offering. On one morning there was some warm (spoilt) yogurt, no hard eggs and mainly kinds of pork salami and yucky scrambled egg in some juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location right next to the famous “Plaza Mayor” and just 50 meters from the “Puerta del Sol”. This 4 star hotel offers elegant and contemporary accommodation in a beautiful historic building.The builing is known by its name alone, Posada del Peine, since it was opened in 1610. with almost 400 years of history, this is the oldest registered hotel in Madrid, in which many famous people have slept until 1970 when the hotel was finally shut. However, on the 15th of September 2004 the hotel reopened its doors. The original exterior design contrasts with an elegant and modern interior design, making it an attractive and comfortable accommodation with modern installations and the latest technology.Hotel Petit Palace Posada del Peine - historic charm from the 20th century, elegance, and all the best installations and services with a privileged location.In the comfortable rooms with modern design you will find the ultimate technological innovations like personal computers with free WIFI and hydro-massage showers.Our canine friends are welcome. This hotel is glad to open our doors to your faithful companion (up to 15 kg). Rooms are prepared with a doggy bed and feeding dishes. Let us know when you make your reservation.Our friendly staff will be more than happy to advise you on the best restaurants, shopping zones and local excursions.We also offer a unique free bicycle rent in order to get to know the city in an ecological way, and a free coffee and juice service in the reception.Don’t loose the opportunity to visit us!!If you have any special requests please don’t hesitate to contact us, we will be more than happy to make your stay as memorable as possible!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Petit Palace Posada del Peine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Posada Del Peine Hotel Madrid