We chose this location because it was directly across the street from our daughter's apartment (she was studying abroad in Madrid). It was a good location because the Retiro Park (beautiful!!) was within walking distance as were many other wonderful sites and nice avenues for strolling. The hotel itself, however, was just adequate. The beds were minimally comfortable and the room was quite small. The price was right so it's true that you get what you pay for. If you're going to Madrid for a special occasion or really want to stay someplace nice, I wouldn't recommend this place. If however, you're on a budget and simply need a place to sleep, this will do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalonia Centro hotel, inaugurated in June 2005, is located in a building from late 19th century and situated in the centre of Madrid, the Salamanca quarter, the best commercial and business area of the city. The hotel has six floors that display the typical housing of the Barrio de Salamanca. Its brick facade has glass balconies with lattices, also typical of Madrid. It has 88 modern and comfortable rooms with all facilities with wooden floor and furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Goya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Goya Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Centro Madrid
- Catalonia Centro Hotel Madrid