“Clean and good security”
Review of Cat's Hostel

and 1 more site!
Cat's Hostel
Ranked #19 of 414 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed in madrid for 3 nights at this hostel and was very pleased with our stay. The building itself was beautiful and very welcoming. We were in a 12 bed dorm which was very clean and all had our own locker which was a great security benefit. For 12 people with multiple devices our room only had one plug hole which was quite difficult at times. Additionally we had no windows so by the end of the three days, the room began to smell and needed fresh air. The bar downstairs was great and had a good vibe, similarly breakfast was good, however the biggest downside was no kitchen. Bathrooms were clean, shower fairly average. Overall a good hostel, one of the better few I have stayed in. Would come back to this hostel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hostel is beautiful, with an Alhambra Atrio Style which is the icing on the cake. Location cannot be better if you are looking for an inexpensive place close to the centre, Lavapies, Sol, Train Station...
They play some music in the bar and was full of people.

I only did not like the Bfast, busy a and only lates 1 hr.

It is a nice hostel, in general and the staff is friedly and handly.
Regards

Room Tip: Recommended.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had a great time there. I spent one day only , it is a hostel but feel like a hotel . Clean bathroom , friendly staff, I'm the morning around 6am wren I check out Sergio was at reception , he was made a nice coffe for the breakfast , I would stay there again :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The hostel was pretty basic, good location to everything, we never had to take the metro even to the train station. There's no kitchen but there is 1 euro beers in the vending machine so that's a plus. There's a fun bar with lots of people to meet so it's a really fun and welcoming vibe. Bathrooms are not the cleanest and the showers are awful but it's a hostel what do you expect. All in all I would recommend if you don't mind eating out everyday.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

3 nights in madrid. .Cats is in a great location to explore. .Marco on recption was super friendly and helpful. .bathrooms a little on the small side but good secirity and a warm feeling for a relatively large hostel. . Nice, chilled vibe. .

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank wildandwet
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in Madrid. Actually I had booked another hostel in the same area. It was so dull and boring. I discovered that everybody is going to the cat's hostel's bar at night to have some fun. After spending one night in that boring hostel, I cancelled the rest of my booking and move to cat's. I could only find a bed in 20 bed mixed dorm but i never regret it. I made many friends while having drink at the bar. Spent the best time in Madrid in here. I was also told that the hostel building was originally a palace.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Serhat E
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This charming hostel is llocated in the heart of Madrid. share bathroom is OK, usually very clean. I stayed in a private room for 2 so my experience as quite different. The host el is quite safe as you need a code to access the lobby.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends