“Excellent for an early flight”

Clement Barajas Hotel
Ranked #140 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Hotel located in the small town of Barajas, near Madrid airport. A standard room was EUR52.

PROS:
Elevator
Free wifi
Nice, clean rooms. Good AC. Nice shower. The bed seemed a bit firm, but it was comfortable.
Service is just great. They opened the parking for us to take our luggage out, provided transportation from the rental car's office and free bus to the airport, running every our from 4AM. There was coffee and pastries for early flyers.

CONS:
Nothing much to say here. Room service was not cheap and pretty average. I suggest walking to the city's main square and have dinner there.

Overall, excellent value. Very good for early flights.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Madam, thank you for your nice review about our Clement Barajas Hotel. We would like to inform that room service is same price than restaurant. From 15euros you can get different meals. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Clement Barajas Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel when my original reservation at the Best Western Barajas fell through due to the fact that they advsertised as Handicapped Accesible and they are not (there are 4 stairs to even gain access to the elevator...? That is NOT accesible). The staff at Best Western placed a call to Hotel Clement Barajas and soon we were heading their way. So glad we did! The staff was very cordial, we were assigned a parking spot right away and all handled with efficiency and cordiality. The room was spacious, we had our own balcony. The hotel is very wheelchair accesible, the room was also well equipped to handle a wheelchair bound guest. It was a very hot day, the A/C worked beautifully, the wi-fi also worked great in the room. The restaurant on the premises is operated by a family. The food was fantastic, beautifully presented, fresh, and great service as well. The neighborhood is nice with a good-sized supermarket around the corner. Rooms are nicer than at the Best Western Barajas (I had stayed there a couple of years ago). I did not used their shuttle service, but saw guests who were either been dropped off from/taken to the airport.It is about a 10 minute walk to the closest metro station (Barajas) which is a new, safe metro station very convenient to/from Madrid center or the airport as an alternative to the (free) hotel shuttle. Overall: fantastic stay, highly recomended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear customer, I just can say Wow!!! Thank you very much for such a nice review about our Hotel. We are really happy you could not go at Best Western and you visit our Hotel. I am really glad you liked our location, hotel accesible 100% and our restaurant service. Hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Usually I never sleep next to any airport, but this time on my visit to Madrid it was just a night that I need to spend before heading a road trip from Madrid to Lisbon.
I've chosen Clement because the price was decent and it looked ok in the photos + the had airport shuttle (both ways).
Due to long delay of my flight from London (British airways operated by Iberia), I've missed the last shuttle to the airport (last one is at 1am, first one is at 4am), so I had to take taxi which was 20 Euros.

When I got to the room it smelled nice, however I felt that the A/C was somewhat loud, since I was too tired I fell asleep very quick regardless the sound (might ask to move room).

In the morning breakfast was average minus. There was large selection of Ham, Salami... but very little of selection of cheese nor fruits. No eggs in any way was served on breakfast and the bread was dry.

To summarise all, don't get me wrong, if I had to stay another night in the future next to Madrid airport I would probably stay at Clement again but I'm just trying to help you set your expectation.

ps
To get the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, you need to call them when you are at the Hotels' bus stop at the airport and they'll come pick you up. if you are leaving the day after, don't forget to book your next day shuttle in advance.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ido8all

Dear sir, thank you for your comments, I feel sorry about your flight delay. I would like to inform that buffet breakfast is 4,95euros and you can get milk, coffee, fruit, ham, cheese, yoghurt, toasts...
Hope to welcome you back in the future. Do not forget to book at clementhoteles.com and you can get a 6euros voucher for your breakfast or bar and restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is very nice and close to the airport with an airport shuttle. So it is very convenient. The breakfast was nice and the breakfast room as well. There is a restaurant next door witch was open when we arrived very late in the evening with good food at a fair price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freydís Jóna F
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Madam, thank you very much for your nice comments about Clement Barajas Hotel.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Randomly picked this hotel because of proximity to airport and free transport. It is a modern hotel with all the conveniences, spotless clean and the standard euro bed and pillow that are a bit too firm for my taste. Close to the airport and never the less quiet with a prompt ride in the am.. Suggest going a bit earlier to airport than you would otherwise be as the Madrid Airport is a bit confusing unless you have been there before. It is one of the most interesting airport terminal from architectural point of view. For day trips to Madrid it would also be fine. Would absolutely stay here again.
BONUS is the restaurant which served grilled Cod and onions over grilled potatoes that was the most delicious fish I have had in a long time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank OneJImHeywood

Dear Sir, thank you very much for such a nice review about Clement Barajas Hotel. I am glad you enjoy the hotel. We really think it is a good value. Really happy that you liked so much grilled cod served at Miravalles Restaurant. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice and fairly cozy hotel. Simple with no frills (complementary water and juice in the fridge but no coffee maker, but the complementary juice was different each day on the two days I stayed there). The receptionist said my name perfectly when I checked in (not an easy thing to do). Very impressed.

After 6 weeks in Spain with different host families and classes, I was ready to have a little time to myself and a long bath before the 30+ hour flight home. And this hotel offered just that... and more.

I booked the hotel at its own website, and with the early bird special the price was actually lower than the discount hotel sites I found for the same period of time, plus I got vouchers to use at the hotel restaurant & bar. All the email exchanges were prompt and clear, which was another reason why I chose to book with them.

The airport shuttle service to get to the hotel, as many have mentioned, was a bit of a hassle, having to call once you arrive at the airport. For someone without a cell phone, having to find a pay phone while dragging around luggage (and if you need to do that, make sure you have plenty of coins), it wasn't the easiest way to get to the hotel. But once there things were all fine.

There was a slight problem with the water temperature, but maintenance came and checked it out immediately, was very apologetic, and gave me an approximate amount of time by which the problem would be fixed, and it was fixed. Maintenance came over to double check, and was once again very apologetic.

The hotel was quiet despite being near the airport. It is situated in a little community with grocery stores and ice cream shops, all within easy walking distance.

I used the vouchers for breakfast and lunch, and got to meet the nice family that ran the restaurant/food service. Even for the buffet, which is pretty much self-service, the staff offered help with toasting bread, re-filling your drinks... etc. when they notice you may be running low on coffee (they are busy and could choose not do any of this, so I was pleasantly surprised at how attentive they were). I had wanted to try the dinner, but the menus listed were for two people, and when reception asked for me, they were told they could not make it for just one person. Oh well.

The wifi in the rooms and the downstairs business area with computers and printers were very helpful, since I had to finalize quite a few travel details.

Took the last shuttle service of the day (12 midnight) to the airport (the next one is at 4 am) to the airport to fly home. Glad I had a couple of relaxing days just to myself - packing, tying up loose ends, taking long baths, and just mentally prepare for a long trip home - at Clement Barajas,

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dimsumcafe

Dear Madam, thank you very much for such a nice review about Clement Barajas Hotel. I am glad you liked the hotel and you enjoyed the location and our services. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a neat and tidy hotel in Barajas on the outskirts of Madrid and close to the Airport without the noise this suggests. There is a free airport shuttle bus that runs regularly and if you have an early flight you will be sure to catch it. A very reliable service. It is very quiet. It is also economical and has a great Breakfast included and reliable fast Wi-Fi to the rooms. The staff is super friendly and go out of their way to help. The Metro is within easy walking distance and a trip to Madrid is only 45 mins. Barajas has a village atmosphere and a walk around its streets will take you past a variety of traditional Tapas Bar. Make sure you call into CERVECERIA - BAR at 58 Algemesi. The owner, Jesus (pronounced Hasus) Beatgo serves a cold beer and good tapas selection. He speaks and understands Australian lingo and would be a good starting place for information. He will even put on Men at Work on the big screen if suspects you come from the land down under. Meanwhile, back at the Clements, they also have a good little bar and their food cannot be faulted.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Superior Room with Terrace one night and a Junior Suit on a return visit. Both were ex...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nev38
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Sir, thank you very much for your great review about our Clement Barajas Hotel. I am glad you liked location, breakfast, wifi, ...
Hope to welcome you back in the future