“Great for a place near the aiport”

Clement Barajas Hotel
Ranked #132 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here three times in summer 2013 as I flew into and out of Spain and picked up other people from the airport, and it worked very well. The free shuttle to and from the airport is easy and efficient. The buffet breakfast (check your rate to see if it is included with the room) is tasty and diverse. Avenida Logrono, about two blocks away, is lively and has many restaurants. A supermarket one block away worked well when we were tired of restaurant food.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JimE_Colorado
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our shuttle service and the service you received from our front desk team. Clement Barajas is a perfect Hotel near the airport, thank you for your excellent comments about our shuttle service, Barajas village has a lot of bar & restaurants to have a drink

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Arrived fairly late by Taxi from Madrid Station (25Euros) and was greeted by friendly and efficient receptionist. Once again. was checked in with the minimum fuss. Hotel has lifts which I tgook to the second floor. My Room was 501 and if the other rooms are all as good as this one then you'll have no complaints. The Hotel is non smoking throughout, but room 501 has the luxury of an enclosed large balcony where I could enjoy a quiet smoke without breaking hotel rules and without offending anyone.The balcony is not overlooked by any buildings so I could sit out in minimal clothing again without fear of upsetting anyone!! Ideal as it was still 29 degrees at 11 o clock at night. The shower in the room was the ultimate with jets in all directions. I didn't eat at the Hotel so am unable to comment on that, but the bar was most welcome!!

Room Tip: Try and book Room 501
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed room 501, its great shower and the balcony. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

the one and big con for me was the bed - it was rock hard and my back objected LOL - i would probably spend a little more next time if it meant a softer bed ..

otherwise the room was clean and check-in personnel friendly enough. i didn't use any other services. their shuttle service requires u to call them upon arrival at airport for a pick-up, it's then a 8 min. drive.

from the hotel u take the barajas metro stop (which is not the same as the airport metro stop) and is about a 7 min. walk from the hotel. u can get a tourist day car for €8.40 which gives u illimited access to metro and buses, the personnel of the hotel was not aware of this card when i asked at check-in but i knew as i had been there before - they told me u could only have 1 ride or 10 rides card which is incorrect. the ride into town is about 40 min.

otherwise the room offered what i needed and a few complimentary drinks (no mini bar as such but free water, a soda and a juice). i paid €75.- for 2p. without breakfast (as we were leaving early).

** careful ** : shuttle back to the airport : leaves the hotel every hour on the hour and has to be booked the night before - it goes via hotel täch, T4,3,2,1 in that order, so foresee 25 min to get to T1.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ggof61
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, especially regarding our customer service level or the shuttle service timing.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our last hotel night in Spain was at the Clement Barajas Madrid airport hotel. We got there by first taking the yellow Expres Aeropuerto Bus (outside the Madrid Atocha train station on the cercanias side) to Terminal #1. A taxi is quite a bit more expensive. The bus dropped us off at the airport departure hall, so we took the escalator down to the arrival hall and walked outside and over to the pickup location for hotel shuttles. We then called Clement Barajas for pickup. Their bus arrived about 7 minutes later and had us to the hotel in 10 minutes. Front staff was very friendly and courteous. They took our reservation for the free shuttle for an 8 a.m. departure the next morning. Two computers and a printer are available in the lobby for printing out your boarding passes. We stayed at the hotel and had a light dinner at the hotel restaurant that evening, which was good. The room was spacious, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast was basic, but ok. The bus left promptly at 8 a.m. and made one stop at another Clement hotel to pick up other passengers before heading to the airport. It took about 20-25 minutes to get to Terminal #1 because the bus stopped at other terminals first, and #4 is a distance away from #1. Our Delta flight departed at 10:30 so the timing worked well. We did not experience any of the problems that have recently been reported in two reviews, but that was their experience. I would agree that it is more like a 3 star hotel, not a 4 star, but I would not hesitate to recommend Clement Barajas for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nrokke

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our welcome area, the bar service, the shuttle service or the service you received from our front desk team.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is overrated. My small room (111) was not clean (sunflower seeds on hardwood floor and used towel stuffed behind bidet). The air conditioning was stuck at 22c and airflow was minimal. The twin beds were hard as rocks. Because of the location close to MAD and free airport shuttle, the room was worth the price, but must not be confused with a typical 4 star hotel. Two stars would be more appropriate.

Room Tip: Martes 13 Cafe restaurant is 5 blocks walk and is quite good and reasonably priced. About 30E for di...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vistar
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. We are pleased to receive feedback from our guests, as it gives us the opportunity to revise and improve our service standards. Your comments will be taken seriously. We feel sorry about your hotel stars rating. Our rooms are 4stars size standards. If you had some problem about air condition you could have tell reception to solve it or change your room inmediately. I am really sorry you think the hotel is overrated.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Clement Barajas twice this year, just overnight each time to catch an early flight. While the price is okay (55 euro) and the free shuttle to the airport is very convenient, I can only give it an average rating.

Both times I stayed (January and May) I needed wifi access in my room in order to work as well as make flight arrangements. Both times I was moved from one room to another because of the lack of wifi, and in the end, all 4 rooms that I tried (2 each time) had very poor connection. I literally had to sit on the ground with my back to my room door to pick up some connection this last time. The gentlemen at the front desk, while at first willing to move me to another room because of the circumstance, lost interest in my need and was not very helpful. I did go downstairs to use the internet in the business center.

I stepped outside to see if there was anything close by that I could find a bite to eat, but, as a woman traveling alone, I did not feel safe exploring the neighborhood.

The room (all 4) was a bit dark, and the bed very low, as mentioned in other reviews. But it was satisfactory, not anything special.

The highlight of my stay was the convenience of the free shuttle to the airport. It stops at the Tach Hotel on the way, but doesn't take more than 15-20 minutes.

In January, I took a later bus that allowed me to enjoy the breakfast. I remember it being a nice selection of continental breakfast fare - croissants, cheeses, meats, fruit, yogurt, etc. I didn't get to enjoy it this time as my flight left earlier.

I will not stay here again due to the trouble with the internet, as well as not feeling comfortable in the immediate area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jennysgreenbook

Dear Madam, we feel sorry about the inconveniences you had during your stay at ClementBarajas. We solved wifi problems and I can inform you that all our rooms are 100% wifi connected for free. I am sorry you did not like the neighboorhood, I can say that it is completely a safe area, no problem at night since we open the hotel in 2005. I do not know why you had that impression, Barajas is a small village with lot of bar/restaurants, banks, shops and everything you can need for overnight. Hope you could come again and check our new wifi access and get a new impression of the neighboorhood and its restaurants and summer terraces.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent one night before coming back to the States. Arrived late from France. Good shuttle service to the hotel and back to the airport. Nice room and great bathroom. Since I like hard bed, which is rare to find in hotels, I had a wonderful night. Excellent price. Great service too. Apparently there are good restaurants around the hotel and open till late at night (we are in Spain after all) but I didn't try. Only the breakfast was a little too Spartan for my desire, but for 49 Euro it is difficult to complain.
I will definitely go back and I have already recommended to few friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir, Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our shuttle service and the restaurants around hotel. Hope to welcome you back in the future.