“Fantastic and very nice”

Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel
Ranked #137 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This is a very cool, chic hotel. We had a junior suite which includes a separate sitting room and it worked out perfectly. The bathroom is very nice and everything is very modern. The location is great--just a couple minutes' walk from the Opera metro stop--and the rate included breakfast. There is also a computer with internet access available for guest use in the lobby that came in very handy while we were there. All of the staff were very helpful. I don't think we'll ever go to Madrid again--we really didn't care for the city--but if we do we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JustBeachy84

Reviewed July 9, 2009

This hotel was very pretty and in a great location. The room was large with a separate living area. The downside is the noise. We faced the street and it was super noisy. It could be because they were evicting residents from an apartment but I am not sure. Try to get a room away from the street. This could be hard because it is a smaller hotel. Also, free internet and breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajespana
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Very well hotel!
The standard room is beautiful, exactly large enough for two, but the bed is small.
the hotel has been lain central and near an metro station that easily access gives up to all parts of the city.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Following a week holidaying in one of the coastal areas of spain, we had 3 days in madrid and booked to stayy at meninas. We booked well in advance and at the time of booking, requested a double room, and an early check in as our flight from alicante arrived in madrid at 7.45am. We were told that this would be fine.

We arrived at the hotel shortly before 9am, by the way, if you're looking to get into the centre of madrid, i'd suggest checking the price of the private car/limo service within the airport, we got into madrid using this service for €23, dropping us right at the door of the hotel, whereas the taxi driver outside the airport building wanted €35. When we got to the hotel, we were told that there wasnt a room ready, but that we could leave our bags there while we went for breakfast, and to return in an hour. We got back to the hotel at 10am, and were given the keys to a room on the 3rd floor, we got to the room, which was front facing, and really lovely, although it was a twin room. We went back downstairs to reception and were told that they didnt have a double room ready yet, but to take a seat and they'd get us one as soon as they can. Almost 2 hours later, we were given a double room, which wasn't front facing, but was really nice. There was a huge double wardrobe, lots of storage space, tv, dvd player etc. The bed was one of the most comfortable bed's i've slept in! the bathroom was lovely too, although the seal around the shower clearly needed replacing as was really grubby looking, however the shower as a whole was clean. There were a few water marks on the ceiling in the bathroom, and an hour before our departure, we noticed water dripping through the ceiling.
The buffet breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice. Lots of different breads and bread rolls, scrambled and boiled eggs, sausages, bacon etc. Plenty of cereal and fresh fruit and an amazing array of caked pastries and juices.
The location was also really good, a few minutes walk takes you to the royal palace, the plaza mayor and the prado to name but a few. I'd recommend not eating in or around the plaza mayor as the places were generally very touristy and a bit overpriced. Have a walk through the streets and you'll find something nicer elsewhere.

All in all, an excellent trip and an excellent hotel. I would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pr0fumo
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at Las Meninas on my own in a single room. Very small room but to be expected for Europe. The breakfast was great! I had a room facing the inner courtyard and could hear the metro periodically but it was not loud enough to disturb me. Interior decorated very nice, bed very nice.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2009

After doing tons of research on-line looking for a triple room that would have a little privacy for my college-aged daughter, I took the advice of this website (I emailed someone that stayed there about the room and she responded) and I am so glad I did! The triple room in this hotel has a bedroom (with a door), a large lovely bathroom, and a separate sitting room with a comfy pull-out sofa bed for the third person. I could go to bed, close the door, and my daughter could stay up half the night on her laptop chatting with her friends, so we were both happy! Most hotel's triple rooms in Madrid just have a third bed (cot) stuck in your room by your bed. This hotel was also very clean, the buffet breakfast was marvelous, the location was great, and the staff, especially lovely Vanesa, were wonderful. Vanesa was so very friendly, spoke English, and did everything she could to be sure we enjoyed our stay. Our stay at this hotel could not have been better and was a big part of our enjoying Madrid so much! There is a little greek restaurant on the corner down the street that was very cute inside and had good food and a little grocery on the same street to buy soda, etc. The garbage collectors in the street may wake you up if you don't have earplugs so I was glad that I knew what the noise was from reading these reviews, but I think that all hotels have noise outside if you are in a location that is in the middle of everything that you want to see. It's Madrid, just enjoy it - because when you are home you'll wish you were back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank TXgal4now
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Let me start off by saying that before our trip last August we had never been to Spain. While sorting through hundreds of hotels in Madrid, I stumbled across Meninas Hotel and we were pleasantly surprised by this quaint, clean and beautiful hotel. Not only was it beautiful, but it was a great value for what we paid.

Meninas is not an "American" style hotel. It gives off a very quaint and "European" feel. The hotel is well-maintained and quiet with loads of charm. Located on a quiet street in the heart of Madrid, Meninas is within walking distance of Museo Prado and just blocks from the Royal Palace.

The one potential drawback? If you do not speak Spanish you may have a slight difficulty communicating with the staff. Overall though, I couldn't say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family