“Loved this hotel!”

Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel
Ranked #138 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I found out about this hotel through a Frommers guide...and boy am I glad I did. My wife and I stayed here for three nights this past July. We loved this hotel for several reasons.
1)Location- 1 minute walk to the metro station (Opera) and walking distance to every major site in central Madrid (Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Palacio Real, etc.)
2) Clean Rooms- recently renovated, nice sized shower, comfortable bed
3) Helpful staff- provided free maps, answered questions, spoke excellent English
4) Reasonable priced

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CdnTraveler314
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Guest

First of all, thank you for your comment regarding your stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.
Your compliments of the Hotel Meninas are greatly appreciated.
We work to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest. It is nice to know when this succeeded.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

You can still find the best offers on our official website in your next visit to our city.

From the heart of Madrid and from our entire team we extend our warmest regards.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The room was gorgeous, I had a great view of the city, the service of the staff was phenomenal (speaking Spanish may have helped me), and it exceeded my expectations in classyness. It was a dream vacation.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Carlbraca
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear guest,

Let me start by thanking you for completing our guest survey regarding your recent stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.
Your referrals about the location, staff and services are very important to us to encourage our staff and ourselves.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is in a great location, easy access to the Real Palace and other major attractions. Staff was very friendly and great breakfast to start the day. Rooms were very clean and good size for most European Hotels...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Professional and knowledgeable staff, great location, close to major attractions and in particular the subway. Nice lounge area for relaxing and meeting. clean facilities, breakfast a nice addition. Good ammenities

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Meninas and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again, here in our hotel situated in the heart of the city.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall a good choice when given the range of options in the city of Madrid. While the price was North of a buck and a quarter per night, it was accompanied by great service, amazing breakfast (for Europe) and the location was ideal for a first time visitor. It's worth mentioning the room was very small and there were some signs of slight water damage/mold on the ceiling in the room as well as in the main lobby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The location of this hotel means that much of the city is within walking distance.

The staff wete friendly, helpful, and a couple of minor hiccups were quickly rectified.

Breakfast was piled high and tasty, setting us up for the rest of the day. Definately one to bear in mind.

Fitness centre seemed to be in the next door hotel, and we did not get a chance to check it out. Other more negative point was the 4am fight between the garbage truck and the bins.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.
Meninas Hotel is situated in the centre of Madrid, and Madrid is a city with a full of live, and sometimes we aren’t able to control the noise in the street.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed 6 nights from Oct 9 - 15, 2012 and enjoyed our over all stay. We booked a regular junior suite with the small living room which we expected. It was nice to have the extra space to spread out a bit for our longer stay.

We loved the location within easy walking distance of great places to eat, shops, the metro, the palace, parks etc... It was a great area for me to wake up at sunrise and jog without traffic - I just headed over to the palace and turned either direction since crossing streets was safe and easy in the early hours. There were always cabs readily available at the corner, even when we had to head for the train station well before sunrise.

The breakfast room was attractive and the food selection was nice and interesting with something for everyone. We learned quickly not to drink the coffee like Americans. Use a little coffee and a lot of milk. Service was excellent.

The biggest drawback for me which might actually keep me from booking in the future was the noise all night long from the street. I'm NOT a light sleeper either. The windows were shut. All 6 nights there were sounds from people yelling to each other to garbage cans being rolled up and down the streets. It would get quiet and I'll fall right back to sleep only to have it happen all over again. I usually sleep straight through the night so the sleep/wake cycle was a bit annoying but didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of my stay in Madrid. Once I'm settled in a room, I'd rather not ask for a quieter room. Moving is no guarantee of less noise. Before I'd book, I'd ask if there is any possibility of a room away from the noisy front street. And maybe they can guarantee it - I don't know. There is a disco/nightclub not far around the corner which probably explains all the people noise.

The large bed WAS comfortable and it was 2 singles pushed together as is most common in Europe. I consider this a plus since when he moves around, my side doesn't move. The mattress, sheets, towels, AC were all great. There is no hair conditioner as also seems to be standard in Europe so ladies bring your own. The room had lots of nice lighting.

The internet didn't work the entire time and was actually off for a full day once. We were told we could use it at their sister Opera hotel around the corner which wasn't so convenient. When it did work, it was great because we brought our Apple Airport, plugged it in to the hard wired connection and actually set up our own secure wireless network in the room with ease.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

I would have given Hotel Meninas 5 stars had my sleep been better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mommabean

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Meninas.
All rooms has air conditioned and heating. The customer from the room can choose the cold air or the warm air.
We hope to see you again, here in our hotel situated in the heart of the city.