“Great location at reasonable price”

Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel
Ranked #138 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at Meninas for four days recently. The hotel is situated near to the metro and many places of attraction. Though it is in the central of Madrid it is surprisingly quiet and peaceful for us to have good rest after much walking during the days. We booked the hotel in advance and got some discount to make the stay even more worthwhile.

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Since there are plenty other positive reviews, Ill keep this brief. It was great. I would definately go back. I stayed in November of 2012 for several nights. Front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern and ultraclean. Great location. Thank You Hotel Meninas for a great stay!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My friend and I shared a twin room at Hotel Meninas in July 2012. I was really pleased with our choice of hotel. Great walking and metro access to everything, really, really helpful staff, good breakfast, balcony off room provided a pleasant outlook and functional bathroom with shower over bath. I would suggest a slightly larger room if sharing with a friend rather than a partner, but that said, it was adequate. Don't be reluctant to stay here. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Meninas Hotel in Madrid is in an excellent location to the many attractions that are offered in the city. The hotel is within walking distance to the metro Opera if you don't feel like walking. But beware, you won't be doing yourself justice if you don't try to walk to the attractions that are offered and miss the chance to experience the culture of the food, people and sightseeing. Because the hotel is so well located you can walk to the Royal Palace, Plaza d'Espagna, Sol/centre, museums, shopping, restaurants and bars. Don't miss the walking tours since they offer the information needed to understand why Madrid is the way it is today. The hotel is clean and modern and very spacious. The price of my room was extreamly reasonable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers a breakfast for their quests that is healthy for adults and youngsters. I am looking foward to my return to Madrid, I will be staying at Meninas again since it was such a wonderful experience. I will also recommend Meninas Hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Since my room was in the back of the hotel and on the fourth floor, I did not hear the noise from t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location for sightseeing; within walking distance of the Royal Palace, Plaza d'Espagna, Temple of Debod on the one side and Sol/centre on the other side. Very close to metro Opera with good connections. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly, rooms were clean.
However, I expected a bit more from a 4-star hotel, for example a larger bed in the standard room. We booked the standard room on the Meninas website, but the bed was smaller than was shown in the pictures on the website. Our room looked like a mini room, but we were told by the receptionist that it was in fact standard.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Meninas and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Meninas is a four stars in size of rooms, and we have different type of rooms, from single room to special junior suite, the biggest one.

We hope to see you again, here in our hotel situated in the heart of the city.

From the heart of Madrid and from our entire team we extend our warmest regards.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After extensive research we chose Hotel Meninas for a five night stay in Madrid. A historic building located on a narrow cobblestone street, close to major attractions, a half block from the Opera Metro. I opted for a room facing the street for the light and ambiance so took ear plugs for evening. Garbage is picked up at 1AM in Madrid! . Frankly other street noise did not bother us and we kept the windows open. Room was of adequate size, very clean and had all necessary amenities. Staff was helpful and multilingual, but did need some encouragement to heat up some soup for me as I was recovering from a bug. Breakfast included breads and pastries, tortilla and eggs, fresh fruit. Negatives: Meninas overuses a strongly perfumed household cleaner and it's everywhere and the previously mentioned coffee ( I love strong coffee).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have big windows, juliette balconies, and lovely views but bring ear plugs i...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Let me start by thanking you for completing our guest survey regarding your recent stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.
Your referrals about the location, staff and services are very important to us to encourage our staff and ourselves.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Meninas in September, 2012. It's located a few steps away from the Opera metro stop and within walking distance to the cathedral, palace, shopping, restaurants and bars.

The hotel decor was fun and modern. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have all the basic necessities you need when traveling. Plus it was very quiet (our room faced the interior courtyard space), The rooms are not large (but then few European hotels are), but it had a nice little sitting area, which was a nice surprise. The hotel staff, namely Angel, was so nice and very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations.

As two friends traveling, would definitely recommend Hotel Meninas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.

I transmit you good comments to our partner Angel. He will be delighted to know it.