“clean, cheap, and nice croissants”
Review of Praktik Metropol

Praktik Metropol
Ranked #89 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was staying there for 3 days 2 nights, they provide me a nice croissants breakfast and computer with internet connection in their dining. Nice place to stay, reasonable price, and near city and shopping center.
if you are looking for clean, reasonable price to stay in madrid, and near city central... you may want to consider this place.
near to metro as well.

Room Tip: they do not have in-room wifi but sure they have a good computer with internet access in dining area
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was looking for a hotel with personality where to spend a night and I found the Praktik Metropol, straight in the heart of Madrid.
The location is perfect, practically on Gran Via, where there's a lot of life all day (and night) long. Full of shops and restaurants, 5min from Sol and very close to the characteristic barrio of Chueca. One could think, so, that's noisy during the night, but it isn't. The hotel is located on the 3rd, 4th and quite sure about a 5th floor too, so the distance from the street and the soundproof windows make the rooms very silent when they're closed. Plus there's a terrace, still part of the hotel, where is possible to sunbath or take something to drink, or just have a sight of Madrid from on high.
The staff is very kind, the interior design is peculiar, rooms are clean and the price is perfect.

Just a couple of "not fully positive" things: because of the location, not all the people around the streets where the hotel is located are "nice": drunken guys, prostitutes... but usually there's always the police patrolling.
Another thing about the room: if you, like me, can't sleep not even with a little light in the room, the emergency light could be a problem. In my room it was very bright (at least for me...) and I found some problem to get asleep.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Friendly staff and clean room. The location is great. Although there are prostitute outside of the hotel, they didn't really bother me as much. Just one time, one of them got a bit more aggressive and kept calling me trying to get me to start talking to her. I just ignored her and walked faster.

From the hotel, everything is within walking distance. I didn't really need to take any subway train at all to get to most of the popular sites.

The service was friendly. Like other hotels in Spain, they kept my luggages for me after I checked out of the hotel so that I didn't have to drag my luggages around town before I left the city. I just came back at the end of the day to pick up my luggages and off I go to my next destination in Spain.

The room was small but clean. Modern and a bit quirky. I would stay here again next time I visit Madrid.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MustLoveTruffle
Praktik M, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you for leaving your review about Praktik Metropol

We regret to know that you weren't satisfied with the room size and we take the opportunity to inform you that rooms vary in sizes because this is an historical building and we had to maintain some original features when it was renovated.

Thank you for mentioning our great location, Calle Montera is one of the most important streets in Madrid since it connects Gran Vía with Puerta del Sol, two of the main tourist attractions of the city.

Thank you again for your comment and we would be pleased to welcome you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed in this building many years ago as a young backpacker when it was a hostel. Now that I am older and can afford a room for myself and have a more discriminating taste (?), I found myself again in the same building in Madrid but surrounded by great design and casual service. HOTEL and SERVICE: The design is clean, hip and practical. Service at reception was also very pleasant. The rooftop patio has great view - go there, watch the sunset while you drink wine, and munch on a piece of bread topped with jamon iberico and manchego cheese. LOCATION: It's on a busy Montera pedestrian street but you won't hear the noise from your room (the sound proofing is great). You can walk everywhere from here - Sol, museums, castles, shopping, check out the Saint Anthony Market in Chueca, which late at night turns into what seems like a huge tapas bar. And if you feel hungry at 4:30 AM... no worries, there's a 24-hour McDonald's on the first floor! WIFI: Free! CONCLUSION: I will stay here again - great value, and loved the location.

1  Thank Dento97

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback.

We are so glad to know that you were content with your choice and find Praktik Metropol cosy, nicely decorated, comfortable and with a helpful staff! This is exactly our concept and we are glad we are able to transmit it to our guests.

As you mentioned, our rooms are really quiet despite our central location on a busy street as Montera, which allows you to find anything at anytime.

It is such a pleasure that we met your expectations and we would be really happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pratik Metropol was perfect for our travel with our 18 year old son - excellent value, fabulous location, clean, quiet and helpful staff. The internet was a bit slow. We had our BYO dinner on the patio on a perfect balmy night in July 2014 relishing the views over Madrid. It was easy to take the metro to the airport (about a 40 minute ride with a couple of changes).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann T

Dear Ann,

Thank you very much for such a nice review.

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with your family at Praktik Metropol and that you find it cosy, nicely decorated, comfortable and clean, and you could enjoy views of Madrid from your balcony and from the terrace on the 9th floor.

We really hope to welcome you again and in the meantime we send you our best regards.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a stylish, affordable hotel in a great location. We paid 62€/night for a Superior Room, which was beautifully appointed and had a fantastic view out over the intersection of Gran Vía & Montera. There is an entrance to the Gran Vía Metro station right in front of the hotel and it's a short walk to any number of Madrid's major sites. The lobby is very inviting and has two computers for guest use, although only the computer on the right is linked to the printer. Free WiFi in our room worked flawlessly. We found the staff to be extremely helpful (Iberia changed our flight without notice and the staff allowed us to use the front desk phone to call the pay-per-minute Iberia customer service line to address the issue). Note that the plaza in front of the hotel attracts a large number of "ladies of the night" hawking their services, however, the area seemed safe and we left the hotel at 0545 to catch the Metro to Barajas (note that the Metro does not start until 0600) and did not encounter any problems (oddly, though, the front desk is not manned at that hour and you have to leave your key card with a guard at the street level door - so make sure your account is fully paid up the evening before an early departure). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Superior Room" as, apparently, there is a significant difference between the Su...
1  Thank TrotamundosBetis

Dear Guest,

We are very happy t know that you enjoyed your stay at Praktik Metropol and would like to thank you for your positive comment.

As you mentioned, our centric location, just a few steps away from Gran Via and from Puerta del Sol, is really convenient to discover Madrid.

We have a 24-hour Reception service, there is no problem if you need to settle your account, the night receptionist who is downstairs at the ground floor can help you out with this.

Thank you for mentioning our Staff, since we are working hard to provide the best possible attention and service to our Guests and make them feeling welcome.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at the praktik metropol hotel for 4 nights in July with my boyfriend. The room was really nice and clean. The size was perfect, but we did take a superior room. The shower was great! The rooftop terrace has the most amazing views. The people at the front desk aren't all friendly, some of them do speak french or English and are really nice, but others have difficulties speaking anything else then Spanish and are visibly annoyed when you ask to speak English...The breakfast is very disappointing: juice, coffee, ham&cheese sandwich, croissants or something sweet like a doughnut. Someone like me with an milk allergy couldn't eat anything, which was quite sad. The location was great. There were indeed some prostitutes walking around in the neighborhood, but I've never seen them in the hotel and I never felt unsafe when walking around on my own. The reception is on the first floor, so don't by shy, just walk in and take the elevator to the first floor :)
All in all I did like the hotel and would go back, just without breakfast this time :)

1  Thank Julie D