“Nice but too far ....”

Ranked #174 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Tampa
“Nice but too far ....”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Hotel was nice for business not for pleasure ...tooooo far from everything. Do not get room that faces expressway ... very safe area but isolated from everything...we had to walk for about 10min to a bus stop then had to switch buses to get to El Prado ..staff ..a little to stuffy ....It is renovated , very modern and sharp but you can hear everything that is going on in the next room. Matresses not comfortable at all .....They should have use the renovation money on the mattresses and not on the fancy loobby !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I spent 8 days at this hotel on a business trip.
The hotel is clean (the carpets are a bit worn), bathrooms spotless.

The breakfast buffet was large and quite good.
Options included cereals, eggs, meats, fruits, several juices, yogurt, breads, sweets, and more

As I was there over a weekend I did some site seeing. The front desk staff was very helpful in arranging these tours (through trapsatur).

As others mentioned this hotel is not in the heart of Madrid and a taxi ride to the center will cost about 15 Euros. It was close to my office so for my needs it was well situated.

The rooms were quiet, although if someone slammed their door you could hear it.

The fitness center is decent, 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 2 bikes and a weight machine. It officially opens at 8am, but they will open it early for you if you ask at the front desk.

The only issue I had was I found my room (and the fitness center) to be a bit warm. I was there in late October so it was not hot outside, but I just could not get my room to cool down.
I do like it cool so for others this may be a non-issue.

The fitness center abuts the Sauna so I suspect that is why it was warm.

The free in room WiFi / Internet is a nice bonus.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Clean, Helpful Staff. Close to the office, Fitness Center
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2008

A modern, clean, almost sterile business hotel located quite away outside the centre of Madrid, but convenient for several large companies including my own. Clean, functional, comfortable rooms, good bathrooms, a great breakfast and a nice beer in the bar. Pretty much everything you would expect from a hotel you were using during a business trip. It's major drawback though is its isolation from local facilities, as there are no decent restaurants or bars in walking distance. I hate eating in hotels, so resent being forced to do so if there is nothing else local. I'd stay there again without hesitation, but need to bear in mind the amount I spend on taxis or the distance I have to walk to get dinner.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Isolated location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I have stayed for four nights this month of march. The first night They gave me a single room which was incredibly small, be aware all the single rooms they have are this big, and it is not worth the money: I complained to the reception desk, telling then that it was just not acceptable for a four star hotel and for the rate I was paying, They promised me that the following nigt they could arrange a double room paying an extra fee, which I accepted it anyway I told them to transmit my concerns about the room to the management and I din´t received a response during the for nights I have stayed there so in terms of customer care I give this hotel a 0.
Breakfast is one of the worst I have had in a four star hotel, the selection of hot food is very limited and inedible, orange juice is very bad, and the pastrys are rockhard, unfortunaley because the hotel is in the midle of nowhere (if you don´t have a car you wiil spend a fortune in taxis) this is your only choice for breakfast.
TV´s are nice flat screen but the picture quality is very poor.
They have a nice coffe lounge, but don´t expect the waiters to come to ask you if you want to drink something, youi have to chase the, unacceptable for a four star hote.
There a lot of better choices in Madrid specially in terms of location and customer care-.

• Liked — free newspapers
  • Disliked — customer care, size of single rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed February 7, 2008

The Husa Neuvo Madrid a 4 star (I presume) hotel is located in the middle of a residential section of Madrid. It is a fairly modern hotel and as a four star hotel goes....is about middle of the road.

The bar in the lobby is a bit small, but the prices were reasonable compared to other hotel bars. My room was simple, clean and functional. The breakfast buffet was fairly broad in selection, and having been included in the rate, I don't have a feel as to whether it was expensive or not.

My booking was less than 100 euros per night, in my opinion, giving this property a very reasonable value proposition. The free internet was an added bonus, and since European hotels typically charge a fortune for this service, this was a pleasant surprise.

I stayed here for work, and this hotel does a good job for that purpose. I would not recommend this to a tourist as it is out of the way, and there is nothing nearby that one can easily walk to to experience Madrid.

• Liked — Free Internet
  • Disliked — Location not ideal for tourists
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 16, 2007

This hotel was great, it was a wonderful opportunity to get away from the tourist trap and preview a bit of normal life. The hotel is situated in a very safe upper class neighborhood. The hotel itself is modern with all the amenities you would have in an American/Canadian hotel. Only a few issues if you speak Spanish like myself you will be fine, but I hear it might be difficult if you speak another language. Also be willing to walk a long way to reach the metro (15-20 min walk) and or learn to utilize the public bus system, the 107 takes you right to the Plaza de Castilla Metro stop which will lead you to all parts of the city. Make sure when describing were the hotel is located to a Taxi driver that they know its near Avenida Arturo Soria. This hotel is primarily a business hotel but I think the modern amenities were well worth it, and while some of the staff may appear to be snobby they will warm up as you get to know them.

• Liked — Modernity and American style convenience
  • Disliked — The Breakfast and Food is extremely expensive
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Merrimack2002
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2006

We ended up staying here as my husband had a meeting in one of the business parks nearby, but the remaining three days we had in Madrid were spoiled by the poor location of this hotel. Admittedly we knew it was going to be far out, but the hotel website's claim of being 1km from two different Metro stations led us to believe it would be fairly reachable. Sure it's probably 1km to either station as the crow flies, but the bus took about 10 minutes so I dread to think how long walking would have taken.
The hotel is situated on a new road which is basically a building site, and unknown to most Madrid taxi drivers. The windows are soundproofed to the outside motorway, but unsurprisingly they couldn't fix the view!
Unfortunately the rooms were not soundproof to noise inside the hotel, I could hear my daughter just laughing all the way from the lift so I think we were probably disturbing a few others in the nearby rooms. The flatscreen tvs also have a volume limit which is probably a good thing but it's annoying when you can't hear it yourself.
We were also quite surprised to see the poor state of the bathroom, considering that it was only built 18 months ago. The quality of the tilework and seal finishing was equal to something you'd see in a backwater two star place. It was also quite a contrast to the well furnished bedroom and design reception.
There was also no information book in the room, and when I asked at reception they thought I was crazy for wanting to know about breakfast times, internet access, local info etc. The tv had been set up for the job but each page just had 'under construction' which was no help. Breakfast by the way was a buffet, which at 14 euros was not really worth the effort.
All in all this hotel was OK, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for tourists. Taxis to the nearby business areas are just a few euros from the centre and very easy to find.
My final tip - very few people in Madrid seem to speak English so if you don't know any Spanish try to learn a few basics before you go.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business