“Never Again!!!!”
Review of Hotel Nuevo Madrid

Hotel Nuevo Madrid
Ranked #174 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and what can I say! The worst hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff are considerably rude!! They understood English and they were still rude! We also paid for a city view room and that was not what we got. We asked for twin beds and we only got one duvet. Our hairdryer ACTUALLY blew up so we had to wait for another one. When that one arrived we had to install it ourselves! the bath tab leaks, and I mean everywhere. Our beds were not even changed for the whole 3 nights we were there, all they did was tidy up, but not changed the sheets. When we left they tried to charge us for food and drinks out of the mini bar that we didnt even know our room had! it was just terrible. The restaurant didnt open until 9pm and we didnt know so when we went to the restauarant at 8pm we were told to "come back later were busy!" What time do you open? "9pm it says so outside!!!" they were just rude! When we left to go back home no one was nice enough to say goodbye to us. And do not be fooled by the free internet they offer. We got free wifi for one night only and then they cut it off for the rest of our stay. Just a waste of money staying here and never again will we be visiting this hotel!!!

Room Tip: dont stay here, that is the best tip you will ever need!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kiran J
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear client,
First of all sorry for the inconveniences you had got in you stay at Hotel Nuevo Madrid. Your opinion help us to improve our services and client atention.
We will like to explain you that the request of type of room depends on the availability of the hotel at time of check in; the schedule of the restaurant at dinner time is from 8.30 p.m and finally we have free use of Wifi all over the hotel, but if there was a technical problem with it you could advice to reception colleagues and we could solve at the moment.
Thank you again for your comments and best regards.
Bookings department.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Nuevo recently for a work conference. It's certainly not near anything at all, not a shop, cafe or metro station within walking distance, so I'd imagine this would only be a hotel for business events.

The lobby is spacious and modern, but coming from Australia I arrived the day before my European colleagues, and it was like a ghost town - it reminded me of the Fatboy Slim music video with Christopher Walken dancing around an abandoned hotel lobby!

The rooms are a decent size and comfortable, although the beds are rock hard - a complaint amongst all attendees. The shower was a also a mere dribble as well, which I always find hugely disappointing (having said that, a colleague staying on another floor said his was great)

Breakfast was pretty decent, with the full offering, and the lady greeting everyone each morning was so lovely and happy, made my morning each day to come to breakfast!

The conference facilities were quite good, we had around 160 of us in a big room and then multiple break-out sessions, and it handled it well. The hotel staff were there every 30 mins or so with fresh coffee and pastries to keep up our stamina!

A good hotel for a conference in Madrid.

Room Tip: The shower was poor in my room on level 3, but my colleague on level 11 said his was fine
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Hotel Nuevo is located not far from the motorway: as a result my room was quite noisy and I didn't really enjoy my stay in the hotel.
For what concerns the rest, the hotel is fine, so just cross your finger or remember to qsk for a quiet room...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I was in Hotel Nuevo Madrid during 15th April midnight to 17th April afternoon 2011.

An Excellent Hotel with affordable cost.

Air port to Hotel taxi cost EU-23 only

City to Hotel taxi cost EU-16 only

Best wishes to all.

Dr. A. K. Sinha.
[--]

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The hotel is modern, clean and generally a nice hotel for business travel. I guess the hotel would be OK if you are attending a conference there but it is not close to Madrid centre so, if you want to do anything in the evening, you need to drive or take a taxi.

Taxi's struggled to find the hotel.

No alarm clock in the room. I ordered a wake up call on my first night and am still waiting for it. On complaining at reception, I was greeted with sneers. The doormen are friendly but they are the only staff who are. If you have limited Spanish, don't expect to be able to receive help - I've travelled to Madrid numerous times for business and this is the only hotel where I've found that staff cannot speak English.

No ironing board available - given that this is a business hotel, I expected to be able to at least iron a shirt for work.

Overall, nice hotel but would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Nice hotel
Good clean rooms
Nice bathroom amenities
The hotel is a bit far away from the centre of Madrid
Very good conference facilities

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank anwaar_farooqi
Reviewed May 11, 2010

A lovely hotel that is on the outskirts of Madrid. This hotel had everything you wanted from a bar to a restaurant and rooms. the hotel is extremely roomy. with a massive lobby in which you can see to the top of the hotel is a nice feature because it gives you a sense of space. the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with directions into Madrid City Centre. the beds are very comfy and the bathroom were second to none. overall i would recommend this hotel if you want to save some money. the hotel was a bit cheaper due to the fact that is was on the outskirts of Madrid so only a 15 minute taxi ride in the city.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends