$158
$144
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$265
$151
Only YOU Hotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$163
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$92
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$103
$96
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

NH Madrid Nacional(Madrid)
$105
$98
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$95
$86
Priceline
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Hotel Atlantico(Madrid)
$177
$145
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$255
$235
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

Catalonia Las Cortes(Madrid)
$131
$106
Priceline
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

1,773 results
All reviewsgreat hotelrooftop barlarge balconywithin walking distancereception stafftapasperfect locationsuperior roomstylish hotelside streetloved this hotelbusy streetfour nightschurrosbeautiful citymajor attractionsroyal palace
Reviewed February 22, 2016

I am fond of staying in REALLY nice places so I am super picky. In this case I was traveling without my husband, staying for the first time in Madrid. I wanted to be central, I wanted a hotel with character and I wanted it to be at least a bit luxurious but did not want to pay for ultra luxe.

Las Lettras has the best of both world's-an historic old building remodeled recently with new interiors. I actually stayed on two separate occasions (2 days in Madrid, then off to Portugal, then back for two days.) So I will comment on both rooms.

First it is central. The Gran Via is one of the main arteries in Madrid and I could walk or take the great/safe subway to everything a first time visitor would want to see. If you like walking you can easily get to the Prado, the Naval Museum, the Reina Sophia, the Thyssen museums as well as a lot of fabulous neighborhoods and restaurants. Do visit the Chueca neighborhood near the hotel. Chaming-with a great food market.

First, the rooms are modern and a bit hip-but comfortable. And wonderful, sparkling clean, new bathrooms. In one room I stayed on the 2nd floor facing the Gran Via. Not completely silent-there was a bit of noise on Saturday night but it didn't bother me. On my second stay I was in the very top-most room in the hotel and it was magical. Views of all Madrid and its glorious-and famous-rooftop gardens. I will add that wifi was spotty in my 2nd floor room and non existent in the top floor room. Wifi is fine in the restaurant.

Second, but equally important. The food was terrific. One of the best breakfasts I have had in Europe-and included in the room price. The dining rooms are lovely. Big, light and open to the street for people watching. Super nice bartenders too. (I did not avail myself of their service at breakfast just fyi).

Finally the staff is just wonderful. The front desk team is bilingual, which is not as common as I thought it would be, and helped me get taxis for a good price, lent me a iPhone charger at no cost and were helpful with directions and touristy advice. One special note is that I had some special requests that went to their Associate Director. She is an on-site dynamo who knows how to make things happen. Plus she is delightful to work with on events.

All told, great visit, great hotel, and when I stayed (Jan) a good value. That it is a great place for women traveling alone is an added bonus.

Stayed: January 2016
2  Thank Moya G
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Excellent bed, quiet room, more than decent bathroom and if booked in advance for reasonable price, fair value, good breakfast, lovely reception staff. Only the gym is just spartan, but works. Great city hotel, good location, fully recommendable

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Las Letras Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

Dear Samuel

It is always great for us to receive complimentary reviews like yours. We really appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share this brief review of your recent holiday in our hospitality at IBEROSTAR Las Letras Gran Via.

We are very grateful for the complimentary description of the room we accommodated you in during your stay. It is our goal as an IBEROSTAR hotel to make sure our guests feel comfortable in clean and spacious rooms and we are really pleased to know you were very happy with yours.

Last but not least we thank you for your very nice compliments for our team of staff here, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to at all times and definitely are an asset to our hotel. We will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated.

Once more we thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR whilst here in Madrid and hope you will choose our hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards

Quality Manager
IBEROSTAR Las Letras Gran Via

Reviewed February 16, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here valentines weekend, one of best fit for purpose hotels I've ever stayed in. Staff were great and extremely upbeat and helpful, they even discussed interesting places to visit circling on a supplied map. Hotel room was bright and grand with impressive high ceilings.

Breakfast also was exactly as promised.

Could not fault our 3 nights, location, sleep, staff and breakfast.

Will definitely be back and already recommend to friends.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2016

We stayed at the Iberostar Hotel for a long weekend in January. The hotel was ideally situated on the Gran Via. We arrived at the airport and took the express bus into Madrid which stopped at the bottom end of Gran Via, within a very short walk we reached the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large, being the executive double, with a lovely bathroom with two sinks and bathrobes. We would recommend the lobby market restaurant opposite which served fabulous food. Meals are not served u til after 8pm but it has a nice bar are for pre-dinner drinks and tapas.
There are many cafes and restaurants along the Gran via to enjoy breakfast and meals.
The not downsides of the hotel was that there were no tea or coffee facilities, the bed was low and not the most comfortable & pillows very soft.
There is a minibar which is a bonus
Given the choice we would return to Iberostar.

Room Tip: If you don't mind traffic noise the fron is great to experience the grand via.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

Lovely service at this quirky hotel, nothing was too much trouble for the check in and bar staff who made recommendations for things we might enjoy and provided somewhere comfortable to change after leaving our bags with the concierge on the day we left. Contemporary style applied to an old building - although it wasn't completely to our taste, we had a great time!

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Las Letras Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write and share this review of your recent stay with us at IBEROSTAR Las Letras Gran Via and the readers of Tripadvisor.

We thank you for your very kind words about our team of staff here from the reception through to the bar staff, as they do work tirelessly every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to at all times and are an asset to our hotel. We will certainly relay you praising comments to them and we are sure they will be happy to know their efforts have been recognized.

Once again we thank you for your review and hope that should you visit Madrid again in the future that you will choose IBEROSTAR Las Letras Gran Via for your hotel.

Best Regards