“A wonderful stay”

Only YOU Boutique Hotel Madrid
Ranked #3 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is superb, from the decor to the staff to the food every detail was looked after. The location in Madrid is fantastic. It is located in the heart of Madrid . We stayed four nights and will certainly go back if ewe get the chance to return to Spain. They are not far from the Chueca subway station which can be taken from the airport . The only caution about taking the subway with luggage not all the subways in Madrid or Barcelona for that matter have lifts or escalators. Taxi in Madrid have a red strip on their door and it costs 30 euros flat rate to the hotel.
The staff Lucia David Diana. Javier and Jerome were superb. In the dining room Magy and staff were soldo superb. The breakfast us included and I can honestly say this was the best breakfast we gave ever had in a hotel. We'll worth the stay.

Room Tip: All the room are superb,
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frances V
Ayre Hoteles A, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Only YOU Boutique Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Frances,

Thank you for sharing your Only YOU experience with the Tripadvisor comunity.

We will share your opinion with our staff as I am sure they will be happy to read you had such kind words for them.

Should you be in Madrid soon, please just let us know and we will organize your trip!

Best regards

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just back from 4 nights here and loved it !! Hotel and rooms are spotless and in the hotel is located in a perfect position to explore the city. Fantastic bar in the hotel with top quality drinks, counted 36 different Gin`s alone !!
I was going to book the Westin Palace or the Wellington but glad we didn`t as they are a bit out of the way to where all the action is in my opinion.
Bars and eating places by the dozen just a few steps away from the hotel and the main shopping area is just a short walk away. First time in Madrid and did a few sites like the Royal Palace which is well worth a visit. Went to the Prado and saw some fantastic paintings and did the bus tour of the city which you can jump on and off at different points and is a great way to see the city.
If your thinking of booking the hotel then do it NOW !!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan K
Ayre Hoteles A, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Only YOU Boutique Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Alan,

thank you very much for such a lovely review!
We are happy you decided to stay with us, but we are even happier to read that you had a great time at Only YOU.

As you say we are within walking distance of all the main touristic places, and we are in the most upcoming neighbourhood in Madrid. Next time you visit us please don`t leave with out trying our restaurant. You wont regret it!!

Hope to meet you in your next trip to Madrid,

Best regards

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Ideal location for a visit to Madrid. Beautiful hotel , the best staff i have ever experienced. They really care for you and do their best to comfort you. Absolutely the best place for a stay in Madrid.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Arnaud R

Dear Arnaud,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We work really hard every day to offer the best service possible and we are happy to read that you think Only YOU is "Absolutely the best place for a stay in Madrid."

Best regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here on a short business trip. The location was good, very close to the office I visited so great for me. The reception received was very friendly and their level of English was great (as it was in most places I visited during my stay). The room was very nice, although I would have liked one with an external window (mine looked over the internal atrium) as the room was quite hot even with the aircon on. The room furnishing was very plush although it was quite expensive I could see where the money had been spent.
If you arrive by plane try getting on the Metro to Chueca station, only €5 and takes around 45 minutes. I also had a very early flight home so jumped on the night bus 3 minutes walk from the hotel also costing €5. Didn't need a taxi at all during my visit as transport is very easy.
Old I stay here again? I am due to potentially return to Madrid in a few months but I am sure that when the project gets my expenses they will want me to book into somewhere cheaper next time.
I didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the restaurant.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Barry A
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations Manager at Only YOU Boutique Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Mr Barry A,

What a lovely review! Thank you for your kindness!

We appreciate that your enjoyed your time at the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge and you liked the convenient location and the room style. We would also like to thank your tips about how to get to the hotel, we are sure our future guests will appreciate it.

Next time you may be thinking in coming to Madrid, why don't you try one of our Premium rooms with a cosy balcony overlooking Calle Barquillo? You will love it!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just back from a week at Only You. What a wonderful experience. First time in Madrid (visiting daughter, who is studying abroad in Pamplona). First, the staff was just incredible. From the moment we arrived, tired from overnight plane ride from U.S., they were attentive, helpful and so, so nice. I know I will forget a name or two, but the doormen, Abian & Dan, the welcome desk, Nacho, Diana, Lucia, Hector and Andres. You were amazing!!! You helped make our trip perfect! The hotel was absolutely beautiful. Our rooms were lovely and spotless. We really could not have asked for more. We will never forget our trip to Madrid and our stay at the wonderful "Only You"
Bill & Sheila Donovan

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila D

Dear Bill & Sheila,

What an amazing suprise reading your review on Trip Advisor!

Thank you so much for your kind words about the "amazing" and "incredible" staff and the "wonferful" hotel. We will let the whole team know that you had a really good time at the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge.

Should you be in Madrid soon, please just let it us know and we will organize your trip!

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

For a boutique hotel, this place is simply amazing.
Wonderful design, great customer service, extremely accommodating staff, super cool lobby/front bar and other chill areas, and great rooms/beds with balconies. I can be a demanding traveler as I go around the world, and this place is just right for business or pleasure. Great location too!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Henry M
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations Manager at Only YOU Boutique Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Mr Henry M,

Thank you so much for your kind words! For saying only good things about us: "a wonderful design, great customer service, extremely accommodating staff, super cool lobby/front bar", etc.

As a tireless traveler you are, we would love to welcoming you back at the Only YOU Hotel & Lounge!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am just back from a long weekend in Madrid and this time I decided to stay in the Only You since I visited the public areas a couple of months ago and really liked them... In the past months I have also stayed at Room Mate Oscar and Hotel de las Letras, but Only You is definitely in a different league (and a matching price tag)...

The hotel is amazingly designed with a lot of thought into the detail... public areas are stunning but the rooms do not disappoint and are by far the best appointed in the boutique category in the city...

I loved the big bathroom with the rain shower, the big closet and the big comfortable bed... My window was facing the internal courtyard and I was afraid of noises coming from the lobby but rooms are really well soundproofed...

I did not try the hotel's restaurant but breakfast was really delicious...

Service was warm and efficient, internet worked wonderfully and bed was sumptuous and comfortable... I really appreciated the fact that I showed up early in the morning and my room was already available...

Definitely a one to check out... if in Madrid again, if room rate is not an issue, I will certainly stay here again...

Room Tip: I stayed in the cheapest room category and the room was absolutely stunning and good sized...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank TravelingMx

Dear Ms TravelingMx,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review!

It is just great to hear that we are in a "different league"... how creative! "Location is just perfect, all tourist attractions are walking distance, great shopping, restaurants and metro are within 5 minute walk...", we could not have said it better!

The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge was desing by Lázaro Rosa Violan right after the refurbishment of the building. We also believe he made an awesome job!

Next time you may be thinking in coming to Madrid, why don't you book a table in our GastroBar. We are sure, you will love it!

And the service..."warm and efficient". The staff is flattered!

We look forward to seeing you soon.